Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #187,861  
Good Morning all,
Rain forecasted for 2 days. I have 2 days of classes so let it rain. Mowed some yesterday with the SS. Talked with the mower manufacturer and swapping the hose ends reversed the motor direction so my my single direction lock worked. What a relief no having to hold the toggle button to mow. Flushed a rattlesnake out while mowing. Had to get off and find a post to kill it.
That is 2 rattlesnakes in 2 days. Spring has sprung. I need to start packing while mowing. :unsure:
Hope you all have a great weekend.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,862  
Good Morning,
Ct, 32 to start going to 50. Raining steady, and it looks like it will be that way all day !

Happy Birthday Sophie !

Went over and looked out the kitchen door and saw that the large, dead ash had snapped off at around 4' above the ground. Probably at least 14" DBH and around 30' tall.
RS, I have had some ash trees do the same thing on the north side of my Vt property ! I have one that looks rotted about 4 ft up and I am thinking that could be very dangerous to take down, if that thing snaps while your cutting it lower, watch out !
I take it in the tractor as well.
Paul, thats a great idea ! When I am cutting the periphery of the field I am always getting whacked in the face ! Guess I need to fabricate a bracket for the fender !
Strong thoughts for Ginty. 🤞
Thanks Thomas, he has been a great cat for the past 9 years, hoping he is around awhile longer !

Hope all have a great day !

Attachments

• IMG_8859.jpeg
    IMG_8859.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
   / Good morning!!!! #187,863  
Good Morning. (That’s a greeting not a statement).
It’s 41° and absolutely miserable outside. We have already gotten over 1-1/2” of rain since it started about 2am. The Davis weather station says “it’s raining cats and dogs”. Present rain rate is 3/4” /hr.

Yesterday I made a fair amount of progress putting things away and got the crossovers wired to the jack plates, but that’s all the progress on the speakers. The grills won’t be here until Wednesday or Thursday, so I’m not rushing to get them done.
I used to shear and bend my own grills, and then send them out for powder coating, but it didn’t save me any time or money, and I still had to wait for the powder coater’s schedule. Now I have them made in CA, they do a good job and are reliable, although geographically undesirable. It takes a week via ground UPS to get here.

No idea what I will get into today, but will likely be in the shop.

Yes Scott, the first mowings of the year are usually brutal with stuff reaching out from the hedgerows to attack you. I try to make a loop with the carryall, equipped with both electric chainsaws, the little Stihl pruner, and the 16” Makita as well as a pole saw. I pick up a lot of dead wood and chuck it back into the hedgerows, occasionally harvesting firewood, once in a while going for the tractor and grapple. Usually it’s pretty civilized after the second mowing.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,864  
Morning all, 41 going to 49 and heavy rain..
Side yards flooded, trench holding and redirecting the little river.
Got sled almost complete, just needs rails polished a little more and lubricated.

Ordered a new head for the pole saw , it is needed for branch cutting on fallen trees.
Have a massive 90+ foot Ash that one of the trunks at the Y broke, and it fell onto the other part of the Y. So I have a massive trunk 30' up just waiting to find a time to fall.
Won't hit the road as a number of trees in the way, but certainly going to do some damage on the way down.

Anyone have a canoe or kayak they can lend me to get around the yard ? :cool:

Be well,

Sled time.
20240322_180521.jpg

My favorite little saw, used for the furring strips and all the small cuts, has to be 20+ years old now, using aftermarket batteries.
20240322_180655.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #187,865  
got home to find Lake Drew in fine form. 1.55 inches so far, very heavy rain right now

got my friend's light switches installed, that was easy and got fed a nice muffin for my troubles.

Rip, hope your power came back on

/ Good morning!!!! #187,866  
Power is back...sigh....now company coming over...sigh...LOL

Not what I had planned for today.

Seems there is this spot on the road a few miles south of me that people just lose it and take out the electric poles. Not kidding, happens at least two to three times a year. It's a mystery as to why, maybe an attention issue? The roads wide, clear and the edges have plenty of recovery space. Maybe the road is too perfect.

Rain stopped. yard and pastures.....ugh..running and standing water. Bet summer will be drought conditions.

Hope all are faring well for today.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,867  
64°F and .28 inches rain.

Sun struggling to shine thru. Makes me hopeful I just might finish this round of mowing.

Yesterday’s Memorial was well done. Gonna guess at least 150. Tons of great food. Hadn’t seen some of the people since before Covid. When Jim, the husband and the grandkids (adults now) sang Twelth of Never mine weren’t the only reared up eyes.

No progress on my tractor. Scag parts reportedly enroute from Honolulu.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #187,868  
Good. Afternoon,
Mike, beautiful job on your mowing, nice straight lines !

David, hope the SCAG parts coming in fix your problems with your mower ! I will be interested to see what the final verdict on the problems with the machine !

Raining steady here all day, not crazy pouring like some storms, no puddles in basement, so fingers crossed. Supposed to tail off here about 7 or 8pm.

Hope all have a good afternoon !

/ Good morning!!!! #187,870  
Afternoon all;
It's just a lovely day out today after close to 10 inches of snow, a bunch of sleet/rain then freezing rain, the total accumulation is down to about 6 inches of cement on the ground and and a bunch of freezing rain :( .
Plain old snow is so much more preferable.
freezing rain1 3 23 24.jpg
freezing rain2a 3 23 24.jpg