Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #187,691  
Good Morning
41° with a high near 50. Grey sky with a chance of rain.

Yesterday was a typical day. Kept an eye on the smoker, worked in the shop, looked at a plumbing problem for a neighbor, etc.

Pork came out well-
IMG_4003.jpg

Plumbing issue was a split valve casting on an old stop and waste valve under a vanity. Got my buddy to come by and replace it using a propress valve, so we didn’t have to deal with soldering a water filled line in a cramped space.
Afterwards, I read the codes on his Sprinter, forced a regen, and now he has no check engine light.

Got a delivery of off road diesel $3.45/gallon. Hopefully last through the summer.

Today I’ve got to go down to the airport in Philly for a meeting. Debating flying the little plane down. It’s about 8 minutes vs an hour not counting the 10 minute drive to the local airport and getting it out of the hangar, but totally avoids city driving.
However I’ll use about $30 worth of Avgas vs less than a dollar in the Prius (should be within EV range).

/ Good morning!!!! #187,692  
32 heading up to 68.

L4N, enjoy your snow! We never got a real good one this year. We've had snow as late as April, but not often. At least I got to walk on some ice and see some icicles in the mountains yesterday.

Buppies, Red Flag warning today here for fire danger. I hope they get your forest fires under total control. I think that one at Catawba is in the valley right below McAfee.

Great hike yesterday...new to me trail...went through the largest forest of White Pines I've ever seen...both the largest in size as well as in acres. Love the smell. One had fallen over the trail, and the root ball was so large, it had a good-sized hemlock tree as part of the root ball, still growing. I'll post pix, but hard to really appreciate the size.

Stopped at Yoder's to get a strawberry pie for my wife.

Heard from my son and DIL that their offer to purchase a house was accepted...they are moving from Raleigh to west of Charlotteville. First house, so very excited. For us, granddaughter will be much closer. DIL said they can look at the mountains from their front porch...like Scott and some others of you do. They are big hikers, so very convenient.

Congrats on son getting house, nice area. Up near Woodchuckdad? We are in fire danger also. My ground is dry on top, at least to drive on, wasn't too bad digging in the other day.
We almost always get a snow early april.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,693  
Repairing this will be tricky since the land is on a slope, making the upper repair about 3rd story level. Not sure yet how to approach this. I used some expanding spray foam around the tree trunk sticking into the living room-- hopefully it is mostly weather tight for the upcoming rain storm coming this weekend. No chance to deal with it before then.
Hope you can get a lift back there.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,694  
Sunny and bright sunrise, predicted 75º today. Same as yesterday = real spring weather. Weed spraying a bit of mowing on the agenda today. Should work on my golf cart conversion... time to put the dashboard back in and test drive the new system.
But I'm itching to take a hot car for a drive :p instead.
Hope you all have some fun

/ Good morning!!!! #187,699  
Good Morning
41° with a high near 50. Grey sky with a chance of rain.

Yesterday was a typical day. Kept an eye on the smoker, worked in the shop, looked at a plumbing problem for a neighbor, etc.

Pork came out well-
View attachment 858094

Plumbing issue was a split valve casting on an old stop and waste valve under a vanity. Got my buddy to come by and replace it using a propress valve, so we didn’t have to deal with soldering a water filled line in a cramped space.
Afterwards, I read the codes on his Sprinter, forced a regen, and now he has no check engine light.

Got a delivery of off road diesel $3.45/gallon. Hopefully last through the summer.

Today I’ve got to go down to the airport in Philly for a meeting. Debating flying the little plane down. It’s about 8 minutes vs an hour not counting the 10 minute drive to the local airport and getting it out of the hangar, but totally avoids city driving.
However I’ll use about $30 worth of Avgas vs less than a dollar in the Prius (should be within EV range).
Better fuel oil pricing then are's still;
Looking at $3.90 (over 500 gallon delivery) for off road and the on road at the stations is still $4.70.