Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,722  
You busy?😂
If money was no object, and I was retired, I would enjoy coming to give you a hand.

Yes, that was one of the many places we have tried, spent several hours digging and looking and calling.
We have two main loader tractors and they both have the same loaders on them one's blue and the other is red.
A bit over $300 for a seal kit from NH or CIH.
Did find out a lot of interesting information while looking for the seals or a seal kit, we found a part number on one of the cylinders then checked the other 3 and found it also, It is an ALO cylinder 85mm diameter with a 40 mm rod. ALO ended up being adsorbed by Quicke who also got bought out by another outfit and now Bush Hog is selling ALO parts. ALO apparently made the loaders for quite some time for CIH and NH. We found a Bush Hog kit through one of our IH dealers for $250 so that is on order now. Found several places that could disassemble ours and likely find all the correct seals for an ALO LDR12714610 but no guaranties.
It would take an enterprising amount of time to figure out a supplier of the seals, and put together your own kits for a fraction of the cost.

Neat, but a quagmire on the left end of the crank (as you sit on it). I got to ride a Yamaha RZ500, that was gray area brought in from Canada back in the day. It was fast. Almost as fast as an FJ 1100 in a drag race from a roll on. I would guess the FJ had a 10 bike lead at the end of a 1/4mile, and the RZ was bone stock. On top end, the FJ had about a 4-6 mph more speed advantage. So for a 500, it was awesome. It cost the same as an FJ. On a racetrack, the advantage quickly went to the RZ. I wish I had one. They are now going for north of $30K for good ones.

Again awake told said basically deal with it
Prayers.

Good, this is both my 14th year and my wife's 14th year of retirement. Long winded answer follows.

If we had had our druthers we'd still be working for another couple of years. But her 2 strokes (which she fully recovered from after about 5 years) kicked us out of the workforce.

Retirement has been good up until the last few years. Then my wife came down with wet AMD, her mother passed, our son and daughter squeezed out 2 more children and her main reasons for us retiring to Mississippi went away.
Reading of others trials and tribulations here is helpful to put all in perspective.

But today we finally made it to our 10th official February 29th anniversary day.

My Dad used to tell me (frequently when I was very young) that life was like your hand in a bucket of water or a small pond. You could swirl it one way, swirl it another, splash it about. But after you took your hand out it would go back to calm, level water.

Sometimes I'm pretty sure we are doing things wrong, but we are doing it her way and she seems happy about it.
And there has been a lot of joyful splashing in this bucket over the last 40 years.

So to all of you other TBN travellers on this blue marble hang in there, March is coming.
GM post of the day!

Hope your feeling LOT better today Kyle.
Thank you. How is your wifey?
Hope everyone has a great day!!

40F now, but temps will decline soon when the huge Blizzard Blast hits.

Everyone here has stocked food, filled vehicles with fuel, secured outdoor objects, and prepared for power outages. This is a big storm coming.

10 feet of snow in the next 4 days over Donner Summit. True "Donner Party" weather. It's the strongest forecast I have ever seen for this region. Forecast winds of 30-40 mph, with gusts of 65mph-80mph. I know winds at the summit can exceed 100mph.

Check out the daily snow forecasts for the next 4 days ...
Wow, just wow! Batten hatches, hunker down. Have backup wood or propane for heat.

Advertising, in general, pisses me off. TV, radio and now uTube. My brother sold ads for a radio station/group, so I didn't complain to him but... I "skip ad" on uTube, but some of those you can't. I wear out the mute and channel switcher buttons on the TV remote. Change stations on the car radio. Record and fast forward through them, when I can. I listen to Pandora, at home (and yes I pay $55/year for not listening to commercials...) I chuckle and shake my head when seeing/hearing some of this crap. The agency/creators are "so proud" of their creation, and I just shake my head, as I reach for the remote. sigh
THIS! change channels, radio stations, to avoid ads, but somehow it pays the bills for some stations. Ha, my brother got divorced and he got to keep one of the Sony TV's....some of you will remember those ads...but his TV was not remote control. He made a broom handle stick tool, with 1 end notched to change channels, and the other end with a taped on rubber tube that could raise/lower the volume. His TV was about 4 ft from his bedside in his room.

Screenshot 2024-02-29 084841.jpg

Not funny how it's 46F here and only 43F in northern MONTANA..... :( Cold and damp enough to not want to get my sick rear out to do anything...

I'm much better, but low energy. Now wifey is feeling bad. Uh oh.

Prayers for our team, the sick, our nation, Israel and Ukraine.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,723  
I got to ride a Yamaha RZ500, that was gray area brought in from Canada back in the day. It was fast. Almost as fast as an FJ 1100 in a drag race from a roll on. I would guess the FJ had a 10 bike lead at the end of a 1/4mile, and the RZ was bone stock. On top end, the FJ had about a 4-6 mph more speed advantage. So for a 500, it was awesome. It cost the same as an FJ. On a racetrack, the advantage quickly went to the RZ. I wish I had one. They are now going for north of $30K for good ones.

I had an RZ500, but mine was from Japan, the Canadian ones had a steel chassis, the Japanese one was aluminum. The Canadian ones had more power, but my engine was “massaged” to do better than the Canadian ones.
I really should have kept it, looking at what it would be worth today.
It was a lot of fun to ride, and would pass bikes with twice the displacement regularly.
And to think that I was on an antique bike going 30mph when I almost died back in 2019. An errant SUV saw to that.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,724  
Seems this cold/flu thing is getting around.
Hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Frankenbed is gone, Ikea kept to their word, good on that one.
Of course if this had been correct from the start.....glad to be moving on.

Now need to find a taker for sons old Ikea bed that was well made but no longer had the features we needed. Might try the neighbors to see if their son or daughter can use it, after I make sure it's cleaned up of course.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,725  
63°F and 1.98 inches rain. Today’s forecast appears a continuation of yesterday. Mixed and wet.

Sears tech scheduled to install the compressor in the garage fridge. Then I will list on CL. After repair I can swap the new freezer into that space.

Regular coffee for breakfast but will also make another attempt or 2 into the espresso world. I have to admit having a challenge of just dumping attempts that aren’t right. Just wasteful to me. I don’t see myself becoming one of these espresso experts. Likely a long process where we drink a lot of sub par drinks as we learn. That said I don’t expect a painful journey.

H&F this afternoon. We will host as we have to be here for Sears tech.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #186,727  
Happy Anniversary Newberry
Thanks Ron chilly outside went to court for wreck postponed that’s ok prosecuting attorney went to school with son heard some neat stories.

Z turn is ready service and recall done

Prayers for all our Country

/ Good morning!!!! #186,728  
After reading all the postings about Steps figured I’d check mine. Averaging about 6,000/day. Not bad unless I compare to Sophie who often makes 20,000.

Hmmm, wonder if my 5 miles on the recumbent bike affects that? Nope, guess not.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,729  
33F and partly cloudy @ 13:45, heading up to around 37F for the day's high. Low this morning was 19.8F. Precipitation total was 0.23"

Lots of birds and some squirrels out at the feeders this morning. Probably will need to refill the hopper feeder, will also take some whole corn up and refill the deer feeder while I'm at it.

Got insulation and kick plate installed on dishwasher last night.

Got Woman dialed in on using the "Express Wash" cycle on the new dishwasher. Supposedly takes less time but uses more water which I'm fine with. (How many gallons could it take ?) Also doesn't use a heated dry - which will help avoid using more electricity.

Woman currently trying to locate Her Steam Buggy (cleaning device) to clean out the old 'frig. Wants to relocate it to the north wall of the kitchen for the time being. Works for me.

Not sure what I'll get into for the rest of the day, plenty of choices though.

Hope everyone is having a decent Thursday ... (y)