Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,371  
Good Morning Guys,
Vt, 32 to start going to 45 ! Uncanny for this time of year here ! We got in about 8:30 last night , long drive at night but not much traffic ! Sitting in front of the wood stove trying to get it going again ! Seems as I get older, I’m not a fan of long night trips ! But Kathleen was watching 2 grands yesterday’ so we got a late start !

Plans for today is get the shop warmed up later and get some work done out there !

Kyle, hope back starts to feel better !

David, curious how you make out with mower and tractor !

Kilroy, at the top of the pole are fuses, or circuit breaker, I have seen the linemen pull those when at MVA with the FD ! What the thing on the side is , no idea !
Maybe like PopG said , some type of lightning protection!

Attachments

• IMG_3793.jpeg
    IMG_3793.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 34
   / Good morning!!!! #186,373  
Making a brekky BLT and it struck me.
The old saying, "living high on the hog" has lost it's meaning.
Originally belly/bacon meat was the cheap stuff. The higher cuts were the expensive parts.
Now I can buy a pork loin for as little as $1.49 (rarely) $2 to $3 all the time and more if you go to the higher end grocers.
Bacon starts at $5 a package which is less than a pound and a local deli has it for $13 for double smoked ready to eat.
So I guess having my BLT I'm living low on the hog.
Mmmmmm! BACON!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,374  
Hope if you decide to get one, you find a good one.
Thanks Kyle. I appreciate that.

Its bittersweet to search for a puppy after losing your best friend. We found a top quality breeder who introduces puppies to bird retrieval and waterfowl hunting. I'm not (yet) a hunter but maybe it is another dimension to interact with a future "best friend." We have a phone interview with them tomorrow.

32F, going to a sunny warm 62F here in Formerly-Great California.

Got the surgical staples out yesterday. Surgeon said the magic words: "Goodbye!" Glad that is behind me.

I hope everyone recovers from the many bugs and illnesses circulating out there. Everyone have a great day!

Attachments

• DogBird.jpg
    DogBird.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 31
   / Good morning!!!! #186,375  
No rain last night cloudy 48 high in 50s

Hope Cody continues to improve

Ear wax problem left ear use hydrogen peroxide daily in that ear problem solved

Deer are enjoying corn not shrubs now need to buy another bag 40lbs at a time

Prayers for all our Country

/ Good morning!!!! #186,377  
Good morning, the low is 30 and going down to a high of 19°F. Wind NNW 23 gusting to 30 mph. 30% chance of snow flurries.

Wow, I sure slept in this morning. Went to bed at midnight, up at 4 for a P, back to bed and up at 8. It is a wonder that the cats weren't lined up at my doorway stomping a foot on the floor...they usually get their dry food at 5 A.M. They get dry food from the morning through the day and then wet food about 10 P.M.

I am going to get after my employer this morning about my T-4 (1099 to you Americans), that is the last thing I need to chuck all the paperwork in a box for the accountant. After the T-4 I need to make motel reservations for Wed., Thurs., and Friday April 10 through 13th.
Spring startup meetings are a P.I.T.A. but they have to be done.

I talked to the foreman that I have been hauling to for the past 20 years or so and he told me that we've got a haul from Thunder Bay to 100 miles north of Pickle Lake, about 450 miles north of P.L., will take about 10 hours one way and no truck stops after Ignace, ON. There is a job up there that is 25 miles long. I told him that I would be willing to help out on that haul, BUT I would not be spending my whole summer up there. It is time for some of the junior guys to step up to the plate. It IS a good go, you can easily make $40 TO 50 grand in 4 months plus your per diem ($70.oo per night room and board) which is tax free.

Ron, your tree rat is looking real healthy.

My Sennheiser HD569 headphones work real good for me. Not only do I listen to movies and youtube on them but I also use them when I am on the phone.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #186,379  
Cody went into a seizure yesterday.
That is such a scary thing to witness. And-- you are helpless to do anything except provide comfort.

Our beautiful Golden Retriever we just lost had a first seizure at age 5. Before that, never had a dog that had a seizure. Long story short, after some additional seizures, we put him on a low dose of twice-daily phenobarbital. Since it was low dosage we did not observe any change in behavior or personality-- but it eliminated 95% of the seizures for the next 3 1/2 years we had him.

Good luck to you-- hope for the best!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,380  
62°F and .51 inches rain

A couple of distractions and scag not quite together.

Planned chicken curry morphed into pork curry, but delicious anyway.

Guys took a pleasant beating from the gals in H&F.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day