Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #181,841  
Good Afternoon LouNy,
I see a sign on route 22 on the north side of Hoosick, Vadnais Fuel, advertising propane for $1.60 per gal !!
You might look into that if your not going to do coal any longer !

/ Good morning!!!! #181,842  
Good Afternoon LouNy,
I see a sign on route 22 on the north side of Hoosick, Vadnais Fuel, advertising propane for $1.60 per gal !!
Yes, on a thousand gallon delivery. A person would have to have a 1500 gallon or larger tank and be empty to take that much. Seeing as how propane tanks can only be filled to 80% of capacity.
I've used Vadnais for fuel oil several times.

/ Good morning!!!! #181,843  
Good Afternoon LouNy,

Sure beats the $5+/g I just paid.

/ Good morning!!!! #181,844  
I don't burn coal, but even with firewood, I do what I think you mean by "knife the grates" to get the ashes to completely drop down into the ash pan. I finally bought a foam kneeling pad for when I need to kneel down and really work the ashes. It's been great a relief to my knees. Nice taste of snow. Our mountains got a nice dusting of snow this morning.
I keep a few of those foam kneelers around

/ Good morning!!!! #181,845  
Good Day Everyone

I'm hopelessly behind on this thread (about 60 pgs) but thought a brief update would be good, plans are still in limbo generally...

Quick update - my estranged wife had a single vehicle accident on Sat. Road conditions were icy, freezing and not yet sanded / salted. Slid down the hill and into a concrete barrier (thankfully), rather than onto the highway. Minor injuries, but completely shaken up. She's sore, and I'm praying that that doesn't last. The VW new Beetle is a write-off. Oddly, the 2016 MURANO suddenly reappeared on the driveway, I guess that she took it out of HIDING, didn't sell it after all. (she'll need to explain a few things in front of the lawyers, as a result). There are no new meeting dates set with lawyers yet, so probably in the New Year before I have any direction. I'm just glad that she is okay.

Have an awesome day.

/ Good morning!!!! #181,847  
Yes, on a thousand gallon delivery. A person would have to have a 1500 gallon or larger tank and be empty to take that much. Seeing as how propane tanks can only be filled to 80% of capacity.
I've used Vadnais for fuel oil several times.
Good Evening Lou,
I use Lake Champlain Coal and Fuel, I pre bought 350 gallons at $2.23 I believe. I sent the money in early fall. I have a 330 gal tank about 40 ft behind the house, that runs the Dovre DV750 stove in the kitchen, along with our gas cook stove. I have another 100 gal tank on the back side of our addition, that runs the Rinnai heater in the new family room, at least until I can get my Hearthstone Heritage woodstove running to warm the room up. If I lived there full time I would buy a 1000 gal tank and bury it !

/ Good morning!!!! #181,848  
22F clear sky low teens by day break.

3 stops in town went (y) Afternoon place game cam near bear den that's been used by bear last 3 years,still no sign of do not disturb.

Plans for the evening...???'s

Enjoy your evening all.

/ Good morning!!!! #181,849  
I'm not aware of that many stacked switchbacks anywhere close to the San Francisco Bay Area, in the Coast Range, or even the Sierra Nevadas or in SoCal. They'd be a lot of fun on a bike (motor or pedal, either one)!
Lombard Street 🤣😂

/ Good morning!!!! #181,850  
Good Day Everyone

I'm hopelessly behind on this thread (about 60 pgs) but thought a brief update would be good, plans are still in limbo generally...

Quick update - my estranged wife had a single vehicle accident on Sat. Road conditions were icy, freezing and not yet sanded / salted. Slid down the hill and into a concrete barrier (thankfully), rather than onto the highway. Minor injuries, but completely shaken up. She's sore, and I'm praying that that doesn't last. The VW new Beetle is a write-off. Oddly, the 2016 MURANO suddenly reappeared on the driveway, I guess that she took it out of HIDING, didn't sell it after all. (she'll need to explain a few things in front of the lawyers, as a result). There are no new meeting dates set with lawyers yet, so probably in the New Year before I have any direction. I'm just glad that she is okay.

Have an awesome day.
I am sure it is another one that looks just like it that just happened to pop up on Craigslist yesterday for a really good price. . .