Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #181,244  
Drinking hot cup of coffee. 18° with mostly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 29°with a mix of sun and clouds. Christmas Tree is up. That's about all I got done yesterday after shoveling walkways. Need to clean them again this morning. Rest of the day will be spent conserving energy.
Got a break in clouds this morning for photo of Beaver almost full moon.
eZiGSiS.jpg

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #181,245  
Good morning, the low was 10 and the high to 23°F. Wind WNW 11 gusting to 21 mph. 60% chance of flurries. (Snowing as I type this.)

The monthly shopping trip to North Bay is tomorrow, so today I will conserve energy.

I can't seem to get a particular song out of my head. I will have tro go into my WW2 song folder and listen to it. Lilli Marlene, the German version. "Underneath the lamp post, by the barrack gate....

Glad you got home safe and sound, Drew.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #181,246  
Lilli Marlene

English

Underneath the lantern by the barrack gate
Darling I remember the way you used to wait
'Twas there that you whispered tenderly
That you loved me, you'd always be
My Lilli of the lamplight
My own Lilli Marlene

Time would come for roll call, time for us to part
Darling I'd caress you and press you to my heart
And there 'neath that far off lantern light
I'd hold you tight, we'd kiss "Good-night"
My own Lilli Marlene

Orders came for sailing somewhere over there
All confined to barracks was more than I could bear
I knew you were waiting in the street
I heard your feet, but could not meet
My own Lilli Marlene

Resting in a billet just behind the line
Even tho' we're parted your lips are close to mine
You wait where that lantern softly gleems
Your sweet face seems to haunt my dreams
My own Lilli Marlene

German
Vor der Kaserne
vor dem großen Tor
stand eine Laterene
und steht sie noch davor
so wolln wir uns da wiedersehn
bei der Laterene wolln wir stehn
wie einst, Lili Marleen

Unsre beiden Schatten
sahn wie einer aus
dasß wir so lieb uns hatten
das sah man gleich daraus
Und alle Leute solln es sehn
wenn wir bei der Laterne stehn
wie einst, Lili Marleen

Schon rief der Posten
Sie blasen Zapfenstreich
es kann drei Tagr kosten!-
Kam'rad, ich komm ja gleich
da sagten wir auf Wiedersehn
Wie gerne wolt ich mit dir gehn
mit dir, Lili Marleen

Deine Schritte kennt sie
deinen zieren Gang
alle Abend brennt sie
mich vergaß sie lang
Und sollte mir ein Leids geschehn
wer wird bei der Laterne stehn
mit dir, Lili Marleen

Aus dem stillen Raume
aus der Erde Grund
hebt mich wie im Traume
dein verliebter Mund
Wenn sich die späten Nebel drehn
werd ich dei der Laterne stehn
wie einst, Lili Marleen

/ Good morning!!!! #181,247  
Good Afternoon Ron,
Isn't that the darndest thing ! ;) Well it is getting colder out Ron, and those little pests are looking for better accommodations !

Went into work for an hour and a half, and painted the rear bumper on the Peterbuilt work truck. Then went to our auto supply place and got a new air filter and two new wiper blades for my pickup ! $44 dollars later, best economy ever, and I am back in business !

Wanted to rotate the tires on the PU, but the aluminum rims are stuck to the cast iron hubs, so that didn't get done today ! Contemplating if I should just go and have it done at a tire facility and pay someone else to do it, rather than struggling with it !

Hope all have a great evening !
Ever since being stranded with a company car on the southern NJ Turnpike at 6 AM in January due to alloy rims that had electrochemically bonded to the steel rotor/drums, I have made it a practice to remove each wheel and coat the mating surfaces - and also the threads and beveled seats for the lug nuts - with anti-seize.

/ Good morning!!!! #181,248  
Good Morning!

God has given us another chance to get it right (or at least not screw up too badly. . .).

28.3F maybe will get into 40a, sunny day forecasted.

back to old routine of Mrs telling me to not put too much wood in the stove before bed — and the the HVAC starting to cycle at 4AM, then me having to burn more wood to bring house back up to temp… 🫤

Dr. visit went well for all three of us. “See you all next year”😁👍

then lunch and a bit of grocery shopping, return home and prevented couch from floating away.

Today will be unloading firewood and stacking for next year, maybe begin bringing out some Christmas decorations from storage…

Harry finds sleeping in the most uncomfortable-looking positions comfortable:

IMG_5989.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #181,249  
Yo !

Here you can see how good morning I had

E29A6883-D579-477C-93B9-56CDCEB692B3_1_105_c.jpeg

I understand, this is social thread, but we can discuss tractors here too, dont we ? 😁

Funny thing. Sunday night used plow, was - 10 C. Then took it off and worked a bit with bucket. It was late, dropped tractor as is, with bucket on. Left plow indoors.
This morning obviously had to put plow back. Mechanically all good, but coudnt connect hydraulics of plow. Until realized that problem is temperature increase from -10 top +20 C. Thus pressure has raised and I simply coudnt press tip of quick connector.
Wasted good 20 min. F*** around. Pardon, but no other words on that. Loosen connector near cylinder, literally 5 g of oil leaked. Done.

~~~~~~~~
Plowed good 3 1/2 hours
That was really what my leaking nose needed. 😁

/ Good morning!!!! #181,250  
good morning all
hard to believe, it's still November and forecast is for on and off snow flurries this morning.
perhaps a reminder to finish my winterizing?...

at least I'm not shoveling or scraping it...

didn't sleep all that well last night, kept thinking about all the stuff needed to be done.
Including xmas decorations, gifts, all the stuff I normally had done by now.

rv registration renewal came, one year or two, no discount, 154 a year.
Since I survived this last trip and no new dents!!...guess I'll pony up for the two year.

I have to figure out how to bribe, cajole, whine pitifully, moan endlessly, until Popgadget comes and supervises my toilet
repair. I need someone smarter than me. Figured out he could stand comfortably (hah) in the shower while I worked on the toilet after I had pulled it forward
about a foot. I have the tubing, the tools, the connectors, just not the experience or the confidence. I really want this fixed for good.
and the only person I know who knows how to do stuff aircraft quality is my favorite McGyver.

I drained the water tanks late yesterday, and left electric heat on set at 60. Still haven't drained hot water heater, pretty sure anode has to come out.
Will be interesting to see how much my new one decomposed after one season. I have a spare, they are cheap.
Reminds me of installing zincs on the bottom of my boat.

stepped on scales, lost four pounds on this trip. Scale only says FAT instead of VERY FAT.
all improvements gratefully accepted

Helo, your posts are the best. Do you have some good snow tires on that Tesla?