Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #172,071  
We have to bleed both brakes almost every time you fly my friend's Piper Cub J3. Probably needs some 10K part.

The original brakes in a J-3 were drum brakes with essentially an inner tube that expanded with brake fluid to put the pressure on the brake shoes. The master cylinder was a diaphragm that was actuated with the pilot in the rear seat using their heel to push on a lever that applied pressure to the diaphragm. The front seat controls had rods going to the rear seat brake pedals.
Many of them have been modified to use a more conventional master cylinder and disc brakes.

/ Good morning!!!! #172,072  
Good evening all. 67ºF for the start, partly cloudy sky, light breeze. moderate wind with brisk gusts, sky mostly clear, and high temp was 96ºF and HI 113ºF. Putter to start day, then bike ride, then cool off. Took weed eater for walk after mixing fresh premix. Then hand trimmed around trees and cooled off again. Grilled brats for dinner. I haved shared all the ride pics, unless you want to see some older pics from previous Katy rides.
Ron Happy Birthday !! glad you had two Father's day parties, hope you get some rest soon. Nice pic
Kilroy glad car ride achieved it's goals
Kilroy glad plants are getting watered. good luck with inside jobs.
Buppies was guessing those rivets were hot riveted. Good to hear you are catching up on rain. prayers sent.
Paul glad you got to fly little plane sorry about the brake failure. Hope simulator training goes well.
Drew hope you get a system that others can use in your absence.
Billy I think my slobbering on them rusted them more :) several bridges replaced since 2013.
Frits my maternal grandfather taught Civil Engineering at MSM, Would work on bridge projects during the summer to try and keep skills up.
Drew thanks for pic of campsite look neat. Hope you enjoy your stay there.
Drew congrats on first green pepper.
Ken glad your father's day went well. goo pic of before and after in 1 pic.
Ted sorry it's not raining in rainy season. glad mulch done, hope trailer side goes well.
David hope painting and happy both went well.
Frits sorry about out of stock on pump.
Kyle hope you enjoyed your day off. Sad story about the gambling debt.
RNG congrats on possible van deal in Portland.
Thomas glad that was not you with bent pickup.
Phil cute turning. Glad you got some mowing done.
RS glad you got to go to meet up with some family at a park. Hope no leaks with coolant system.
David glad painting went well.
Dennis glad you were able to get lot mowed talk with more neighbors and get more mowing done at home. Looking forward to pics.
Two_bit sorry about laptop dying. Hope you can get new one soon.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /learning new job, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /new skin cancer spot and treatment, /back surgery healing, /wife knee healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /loss of brother, /heart issues, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's and David's new eye surgery recovery, Chris /neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's healing from back surgery, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there "alligallyitus" and back in hospital, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, mike /wife's healing from surgery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #172,073  
Good Day,

thought I'd give a brief update again. This Separation process is a long and slow train, but at least the lawyers are chatting now. Had to provide a Financial Statement, as accurate as I could - I have the details pretty much figured out because I have been crunching budget and $ numbers for months. My estranged wife may have a difficult time with this however, so we'll see. She will have to explain and account for a few significant decisions and things. I am still praying that I can keep the house and recover financially while licking my wounds. Still feeling numb about everything. Anyways, not all sad, I am staying positive, not reacting to any of the mud being thrown. I am Trusting - Waiting - Praying. Today, I decided that a quick simple prayer was a good thing to start (Lord, Make It Right ! Amen) Not my Battle anyways. :)

Regarding other matters ... having to deal with wildlife (black bears, coyotes particularly) in the past 3 weeks. They are getting into stuff, and have taken a few chickens. Sadly, a coyote got the tenant's tiny 4 or 5 lb teacup dog on Saturday morning. That was my favourite of the dogs, I am sad about that.
Wife called The Conservation Office re the bear, ro see what could be done, but I guess the conversation did not go well. Apparently he had an attitude, and threatened to FINE US for "enticing" the bear ... umm, the Bear lives ON our property, the den is by the creek. Every 4-5 years we have problem bears that bother the entire country neighbourhood, not just our place. This year is particularly bad with the Momma and a cub. I don't mind when they stay away from the house, yard, vehicles, chickens and dogs ... but when they meet us on the property with a chicken in mouth, that's where action is needed. (We secure things as best we can, but there are chickens, ducks, dogs, horses to feed here ... the food stuff is secured). Although occasionally a brown squirrel steals a slice of bread from the chickens :) I like that.
The bear has bent the solid bars of the 7 ft high chain link fence, essentially destroying the chicken run. The bend collapsed the top rail about 2 feet down. It has climbed up and over my 3/4 ton pickup and canopy, and has broken into the canopy also. There are so many claw marks on my truck that now it really is a farm truck - claw mark scratches on hood, window, canopy, sides, tailgate ... scratches but no dents ... I am planning to have the numerous random bear scratches PIN STRIPED with black or creamy coloured paint (why not) those are battle wounds, trophy marks.
I tried to call 4-5 friends with guns to assist, but that has not worked either at this point. And since I don't own a gun and the bear traps are not being brought out, I have used one of those sports "blow horns" to scare the bear off - thinking that it is not a noise that they are familiar with. (there are 2 bear trap trailers in a local secured parking lot behind their building, but now they won't bring one out, as they did years ago. Wife says that she was going to file a complaint about the Conservation Officer's attitude - no idea if she has done so, and I was not here at the time.
I bought bear bangers the other day - have never used one until yesterday. Man are those things loud - yikes, I almost fell over. The bear ran away ... at least for awhile. But at $6 a cartridge, I'm using it when the bear is active and close, yesterday it was moving and about 25-30 ft away, when I shot the banger off. Can't use the flare bangers right now due to the province wide Fire Ban. So at least I get to scratch bear bangers, off of my Bucket List.

Well, that's about it for the excitement. Have a wonderful evening everyone. Lately, I'm not here often, but I will be back, and I do appreciate your Prayers and Support. Thanks

PS - I googled Bear deterrents and found out that Bears do not like Pine Sol - the original "Pine" scent (they are attracted to the flowery, spicy scents however). I thought I'd try this out, even though it makes no sense to me logically ... I mean bears live in the woods, full of Pine Trees, so how would "pine scent" chase them off. I sprayed surfaces down ... I don't think the bear even flinched, was back in the chicken run etc. Hopefully the bear banger has been effective though.

/ Good morning!!!! #172,074  
Poured first cup of coffee. 61° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 84° with mix of sun and clouds. Enjoyed my birthday yesterday. Did get to relax most of the day. Off to eye Dr. for new glasses this morning. Will be dilating eyes with drops. That will mess up rest of the day.
qCBUTiz.jpg

Thanks for the Birthday Wishes.

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #172,075  
Good evening all. 67ºF for the start, partly cloudy sky, light breeze. moderate wind with brisk gusts, sky mostly clear, and high temp was 96ºF and HI 113ºF. Putter to start day, then bike ride, then cool off. Took weed eater for walk after mixing fresh premix. Then hand trimmed around trees and cooled off again. Grilled brats for dinner. I haved shared all the ride pics, unless you want to see some older pics from previous Katy rides.
Ron Happy Birthday !! glad you had two Father's day parties, hope you get some rest soon. Nice pic
Kilroy glad car ride achieved it's goals
Kilroy glad plants are getting watered. good luck with inside jobs.
Buppies was guessing those rivets were hot riveted. Good to hear you are catching up on rain. prayers sent.
Paul glad you got to fly little plane sorry about the brake failure. Hope simulator training goes well.
Drew hope you get a system that others can use in your absence.
Billy I think my slobbering on them rusted them more :) several bridges replaced since 2013.
Frits my maternal grandfather taught Civil Engineering at MSM, Would work on bridge projects during the summer to try and keep skills up.
Drew thanks for pic of campsite look neat. Hope you enjoy your stay there.
Drew congrats on first green pepper.
Ken glad your father's day went well. goo pic of before and after in 1 pic.
Ted sorry it's not raining in rainy season. glad mulch done, hope trailer side goes well.
David hope painting and happy both went well.
Frits sorry about out of stock on pump.
Kyle hope you enjoyed your day off. Sad story about the gambling debt.
RNG congrats on possible van deal in Portland.
Thomas glad that was not you with bent pickup.
Phil cute turning. Glad you got some mowing done.
RS glad you got to go to meet up with some family at a park. Hope no leaks with coolant system.
David glad painting went well.
Dennis glad you were able to get lot mowed talk with more neighbors and get more mowing done at home. Looking forward to pics.
Two_bit sorry about laptop dying. Hope you can get new one soon.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /learning new job, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /new skin cancer spot and treatment, /back surgery healing, /wife knee healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /loss of brother, /heart issues, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's and David's new eye surgery recovery, Chris /neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's healing from back surgery, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there "alligallyitus" and back in hospital, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, mike /wife's healing from surgery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Ukraine war, and Country.
Inside jobs got scratched, as Mrs decided it was a House Cleaning Day, which means I need to not be in the way. Thankfully, the rains had ended by about 9-ish, and I spent the morning cutting/pulling thorny brambles which have taken over between our east driveway and fence (far preferable to being in the house WHN Mrs is cleaning 🤣😂🤣😂), then did chicken coop maintenance, raked all around where chickens tossed duff out into walkways and driveways, and then disassembles scaffolding platforms and gave plywood a good coat of deck paint, traditional Battleship Grey. i did not get to open up the beehives, only so many hours in the day…

/ Good morning!!!! #172,076  
Good Morning!

God has given us another chance to get it right (or at least not screw up too badly).

66F, going to mid 80s. Rain started around 4 am, on and off forecasted for the entire day. Radar looks like we will get a two hour break from around 9 o 11, which will be good as we have our quarterly Terminix visit at 9.

another day of not running genny and pump for watering at the woodlot, but all this water means tomato cages will need to go in ASAP.

Plenty of inside things to do on a rainy day. Mrs found two boxes of Christmas decorations that got shoved into the spare bedroom that need to go into the shed loft.

going to try to sneak in another hour of sleep now.

Ihope everyone has a happy healthy safe blessed day!

/ Good morning!!!! #172,077  
62 outside 3.23 inches of rain since midnight 1.00 inch yesterday still raining hard. Pouring rain now miserable. Mohs surgery today oh well

‘yes mostly hot rivets red when ready tossed up caught place into hole then pounded in.

Prayers for all scaredy, hope Jay is ok all others silent or spoken our Country

/ Good morning!!!! #172,078  
good morning all
cloudy day, high of 78, last dry day before what looks like a week of rain.

two jobs for today, fix the loose bulb in rear rv tail light, same one that was a problem in Florida trip.
This time I am putting dielectric goop on the contacts, though it may be another burned out bulb.
somewhere I have a spare.
then mow the lawn/clover.

113 heat index, you folks in Texas please be careful.

/ Good morning!!!! #172,079  
good morning, 65 going to 78, lots of thunder lightning last night but very little rain but more rain in FC today

Split a few loads of firewood yesterday. Pushed over some the neighbors pile of tree stumps that is infringing on the fence line. Will have to bring up the minix to do more on that. Finished the fence up to that point
Started the watering of the 10 planted evergreens not trusting it to rain enough

Daughter accepted invitation from White House for welcome ceremony for president Modi from India

/ Good morning!!!! #172,080  
66 muggy going to 80 and more rain likely.

Scaredy, sorry your situation is so challenging now. Prayers said. I had to look up bear bangers...that could get expensive if an everyday thing. Hope the Wildlife folks become more cooperative. Need pix of your new bear-designed truck art. :)

Buppies, sure hope the surgery goes well. Sounds like potential floods in our two areas.

Even though it was dry and dusty yesterday, decided to mow the scraggly grass based on the rain forecast this week. Came in for lunch, then looked at my phone radar app before going outside to change the oil. No storms nearby...as I pudhed the screen door to go out, a loud clap of thunder overhead told me to recheck. I got on the laptop and went to the NWS site...sure enough there was the storm, and then the heavens opened and the wind blew it back up on the roof as it poured off.. Still no storm on the phone app. An hour later another big one just like the first...still nothing showing nearby on the app. Never had a problem with WeatherBug before.