Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #162,941  
Good (Sunday) morning... maybe I'm the one who's screwing up Buckeye's "what day of the week is it?" Anyway, the overnight Low was 19.5C and it's presently 23.8C, clear and calm but the wind is supposed to 'get up' this arvo (which is what the 'Guessers' said would happen yesterday, but didn't). There was 1mm of rain in the gauge at 0730.

Chain-harrow/mulching of Paddocks 3 & 4 accomplished and tractor prepared/fuelled for todays post-Church activities.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,942  
Good Day Everyone

Still lots of planning and decisions happening here - one step at a time. I will be glad to be on the other side of this difficult journey, but I need to get through it, I need to Trust God, Wait, and Pray. Some financial planning already in the works with banks (and a meeting with Financial Planner on Monday), Counselling appt on Wednesday.

We've had ICE everywhere for a month. Slows the efforts down. At least the temperatures are reasonable at this point - hovering at freezing, so almost t-shirt weather now. Back to the shorts an no socks shortly again.

Truck is back and running okay. Some caliper issue perhaps still. But I am loading it up with garbage for a dump run on Monday.

I asked my friend if he could / would make me a sign similar to the one in the thumbnail. I think that would be great by the driveway. Perhaps I'll trade it for doing his taxes this year :)

off to feed the critters shortly, then have a steak dinner and watch the hockey game - Vancouver and Florida

/ Good morning!!!! #162,943  
'The Danish military on Greenland have active dog sled teams patrolling the coast line at all times."

Pretty interesting. I read that they use old bolt action rifles because they work in that environment and that they had to go with more powerful sidearms because polar bears can be pesky.

Chris
The weapons carried also reflect the harsh conditions. Among the equipment used by the Sirius Sledge Patrol is the M1917 Enfield bolt-action rifle chambered in .30-06 Springfield, known in Danish service as the Gevær M/53 (17), and the Glock 20 pistol chambered in 10mm Auto.

The reason for changing their sidearm is their previous Pistol M/49 sidearms chambered in 9×19mm Parabellumproved insufficient against the polar bears encountered.[12]

"The weapons carried also reflect the harsh conditions. Only bolt-action rifles (M17/M53) performs reliably. The standard SIG210 Neuhausen sidearm was recently replaced by the 10mm Glock 20, as the stopping power of multiple 9mm rounds proved to be insufficient against a polar bear."[13]
The Sirius Patrol uses the standard .30-06 168-grain military round and also civilian hollow-points. The patrolmen feel that the full metal jacket bullet on the military round is best against polar bears at long range but that the hollow-points are better against an enraged musk ox. Typically, the patrolmen arrange their stripper clips so every third round is a hollow-point.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,944  
IXLR8, list make/model of your solar equipment and maybe we can help.
Ask and you shall receive.
Panels- 4- Kyocera KD225GX-LPB; 225W @ 24v
Charge controller- 1- Morningstar TriStar MPPT TS-MPPT-45; 24v 45amp
Batteries- 4- SunExtender AGM PVX-2580L; 12v 160lbs each
Inverter- 1- ExelTech XPX-1-2-6-1; 24v 2000 watt

Obviously not a big system, I have no idea what he intended to do with it. I thought maybe getting a grid-tied inverter and feeding a little back into 'the system'.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,945  
24F on/off snow showers.

Been good slow motion day,took nice long afternoon nap in the recliner wakening with both kittens enjoy the nap 1 in my arm other on my lap,didn't feel either getting comfortable on me. :oops:

Took Mrs.to for favorite Mexican restaurant,I not really big fan on Mexican food but I give it BIG (y)...must be new cook. ;)

Time to put feet up share bowl ice cream watch some football.

Enjoy your evening all.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,946  
Had a pleasant afternoon up in the woods watching nephew working. I have soft cab for my UTV but it gets quite breezy and cool even though it helps. I had bought one of the chinese diesel heaters and got it mounted and wired up, finished running the heat tubes in the woods today it really helped the temperature in the UTV considerably. Low 20's out and I would guestimate 50 inside.
Had the heater running about 5 hours and didn't use hardly any fuel, not even 1/2 a liter.
1673744469789.png

/ Good morning!!!! #162,947  
Nice pick up Lou

Jacksonville not looking good tonight

/ Good morning!!!! #162,948  
Good evening all. 30ºF for the start mostly clear sky, light breeze.Light to moderate wind, clear sky, and high temp was 58ºF. Bike rid to start morning, 60 mile. Lunch and nap then dinner, with stepdaughter and hubby. She not happy with us, not enough pics of GGD.
Lost key story. Wife and I were flying C172 hone to Roll,MO when encountered snow at SGF airport and landed. Friend pic us up next day, was able to get ride back to plane. Just as other plane leaving I was asked do you have key, showed them the key, and dropped in in other plane without knowing it. Mailplane was able to shuttle key to me that evening, getting home whole another story :)
Yesterday 4 PM posts:
Don glad you got tiller going. Nice to see Lake recover, and hear you got seat time. nice garden pic.
Jim wife went through that when we moved to TX. Because she was widow needed previous marriage license, his death certificate, and our marriage license.
Mike good to hear barn is done.
Randy(wag) .2mm not much rain, would call that a trace here :) Hope chain harrow work got complete. Sounds like roading time more than actual work time.
Thomas looks like big scoop on frontloader, could overload pickup.
Dennis that looks like a good indoor winter job.
Frits neat story.
Sunday morning posts:
Newbury I just keep calendar on phone up to date so I know when to go visit family.
Buppies hope everyone getting better there. prayers sent.
Ron nice job on feeder, if it only took 5 minutes for birds to show, they were watching for it :) nice pic
Billy yes, no zoom would make more challenge. There are apprenticeships in US, you live on your own and get paid more than room and board. I served a 4 year apprenticeship for Tool maker. 8,000 hours, plus classroom instruction.
Drew you need to watch much pain meds you are taking, Describing us ad hot guys might be a stretch ;) BTW we have to replace lead covered roof vent pipe periodically cause squirrels chew the lead and plastic :(
WVH welcome to GM thread. hope hunting was good.
Kilroy glad you got home before snow. Glad you could handle no power so gracefully. Sorry about coffee machine leaking. Hope mast project made progress.
Bill I have watch with time, day, date, and on computer graphic lower right hand corner, on hone as well.
Thomas hope you enjoyed the playoffs.
Dave hope you enjoyed your snow.
Phil holy cow, that is long time to wait. Good to hear you both are well except for hear voice.
RNG good to hear more rain. Sorry about tire. Good to hear back porch mostly cleared off. Hope you can get motor working again.
Don hope Citrus did 28ºF seems colder then the citrus wants. How are you going to add nitrogen, bu fertilizer?
Lou hope logging was safe with no chaining.
Jim 2 strokes are notorious for everything affecting air/fuel ratio. Dirty air filter is high on list to cause over rich running. Good luck with solar project, it is my understanding that electric company need to know and approve grid tied solar. Sorry about SS check going down.
Scotty have fun with indoor projects. Hope no big mud slides near you.
Ken hope you got your wire run. Sorry that 5 years seams like 10 :(
Mike, sorry about lack of covered space. Hope you can get milk house done soon so you can work on Garage.
Paul hope you network update complete. Good to fun rehearsing. Hope you could help with phone line. Sorry about no surprise at party.
Ted hope not too much ice coming your way. Hope you were able to get some outside items off your list.
David good to hear guy won. Good to hear progress on extension, sorry about no posts stood up. Hope dinner went well.
Frits nice to hear good start to day.
Kyle just digestive tract issue, and it cleared up in about 24 hours. No coughing I have almost constant sinus drainage. Shame about your niece. Good luck with controlling plecos in the river. Hope you can get maintenance items done Monday
Kyle glad coyote did not get the dog.
Frits have you watch the Iditarod?
Dennis most people hate doing drywall. Especially the taping and mudding.
Dennis sound like nice start for the day.
RS rost looke real nice. Nice dril set and hatchet. Chips should work well for smoking.
Scaredy good to see your attitude through what is a very difficult time. prayers sent.
Thomas glad good day. Great to hear you enjoyed your Mexican food.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /learning new job, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /broken arm and heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /new skin cancer spot and treatment, /elbow healing, /wife knee healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, /wife's vioce, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, Ken /dad possible dementia, /uncle's surgery, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Lou /eye issues, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, Chris /neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage not doing well, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's healing from back surgery, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, / brother "alligallyitus" and back in hospital, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, mike /wife's surgery, Scotty, /back pain, Frits /daughter recovery from surgery, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Mark /wife colon surgery, Fatjay /father broken hip, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,949  
Spent most of the afternoon napping. No work done today.
Did back up cell phone tonight.
Also copied pics from 2 cameras at the farm, including the HD copies from the cell camera SD card. Now backing them up to removable drive.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,950  
Ask and you shall receive.
Panels- 4- Kyocera KD225GX-LPB; 225W @ 24v
Charge controller- 1- Morningstar TriStar MPPT TS-MPPT-45; 24v 45amp
Batteries- 4- SunExtender AGM PVX-2580L; 12v 160lbs each
Inverter- 1- ExelTech XPX-1-2-6-1; 24v 2000 watt

Obviously not a big system, I have no idea what he intended to do with it. I thought maybe getting a grid-tied inverter and feeding a little back into 'the system'.

Agree, looks like you’d have to replace inverter to be grid tied. As you note, not a very big system, perhaps power a small cabin?