Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #162,461  
32 light drizzle as the soup man said no snow for you

Inside day today for sure, glad you are back safe and sound mostly. Nice thing you did BEF

Prayers for all our Country

/ Good morning!!!! #162,462  
And that was a big determination factor. I had another contractor put in a slim line unit in another building a few years ago. It was 4 times the cost of the DYI. That was years ago.

As popagaget said... I can always call out a contractor to do the lines right...meaning shortening them.
I should still be ahead... LOL.
Where are folks getting the "Mr Cool" units? When they first came out you could order them online. Now it looks like you need to go thru a distributor. The nearest listed distributor to me is almost 3 hrs way.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,463  
Where are folks getting the "Mr Cool" units? When they first came out you could order them online. Now it looks like you need to go thru a distributor. The nearest listed distributor to me is almost 3 hrs way.
I Ordered both of mine thru Amazon!

/ Good morning!!!! #162,464  
Good Morning! 12 degrees here, with dense fog. Everything is frosty, including the house window screens.

pic today.jpg

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #162,465  
It really isn’t much of an issue. The boiling point of water at 500 microns is about -12f.
True, but vacuum needs to be held long enough to make sure all moisture is evacuated and a micron gauge to verify vacuum should be used. Lower vacuums will provide more assurance. Left over moisture ever so slight can cause corrosion and reduce life expectancy

/ Good morning!!!! #162,466  
Home depot will ship to home..... good prices too....

/ Good morning!!!! #162,467  
Good Morning. Beautiful sunrises this time of year. Lots of red bursting through scattered clouds 41º going to 65. Mostly clear yeaterday and today but, rain to start again tomorrow night. Gives me a day to start weed abatement. Some have grown 8" tall in places. Moved some horse corrals yesterday with the SS. No more horses here. Project has begun to relcaim the area behind the barn. With the panels moved out I can regrade if it ever dries out a little... but rain on the way. Should be a good wheat and grape crop this year locally. Happy Sunday to you all.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,468  
True, but vacuum needs to be held long enough to make sure all moisture is evacuated and a micron gauge to verify vacuum should be used. Lower vacuums will provide more assurance. Left over moisture ever so slight can cause corrosion and reduce life expectancy

Agreed, but a 500 micron vacuum is adequate if held for a half hour or so.
The bigger issue is having a micron gauge to verify it.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,469  
Good morning to all! Low of 21°, going up to 48°. Sunny, no wind, no precip.

Another nice day is on tap. Changes coming on Tuesday... maybe.

The pond heater kept the middle section ice free. Upper and lower are frozen.... probably because the pump was still frozen.... I might have to get some hot water and pour it in the intake. There is one tiny ice clog in there right at a 90° bend.
But, I didn't even think of the hidden / burried hose that goes up to the upper pond.... if that's frozen, then game over for a little while.....hopefully its clear.

Still have 2 zones of drip to run. One is along the driveway fence, which is another area that remains in the shade. It is a long zone, slightly downhill, so maybe drained? I will soon find out. Right now, that bed has only 8 big planters, so could just hand water......

Mostly, glad you made it home safe. Now enjoy some quite rest.

Drew, you keep reminding me of driving past Rohm and Hass on I-95 in Philly. Boy did that stink! There are still studies about the contamination and cancer cases in the neighborhood surrounding the plant. I was always amazed that a chemical plant was right in the middle of a large residential neighborhood!

Don, sorry aboutthe return trip to retrieve your bag of goodies.... BTDT.
I make it a habit to always glance back and scan the area now.....

We were going to install the Mr Cool system in the new house, but held off when we got one of these:
We did talk about the Mr Cool again this summer..... we might still install one now that they have the multiple head units.

Outside temp is now above freezing, so going to get started on the agenda...

Everyone have a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #162,470  
install the Mr Cool system

I could sure use a Mr Warm system in the garage...someplace to work in the winter, use my woodworking tools.
Would mean fully insulating the place first. Not hard to do with batts and a stapler. Using a big propane heater now irritates my eyes too much.
that's a get to it, when I resolve my rv plans. I might want to be in a trailer park in Florida in Jan and Feb...
42 degrees and unlikely to get much warmer