Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #152,881  
Had a nice afternoon mowing the lawn at the farm Friday. I'm getting used to the zero turn. That is not to say I am good at it yet. That Briggs motor is definitely loud. Overall it cuts better.

I had my first tree ripened local peach yesterday. Man was it good. The taste of Summer.

My wife made the first Blueberry pie of the season. Yummm

It has been comical watching my wife battle the catbirds to keep them out of the blueberries. Hard to believe how smart those critters are. They have never been this bad before.

The corn at the farm is head high in places. When we get a little rain that stuff grows like crazy.

Hope the Summer is passing agreeably for everyone.

Chris

/ Good morning!!!! #152,882  
chocolate muffins are in the oven for church tomorrow. Ghiaradelli double chocolate into which I melted
two Hersheys dark chocolate bars for some added goo. Sure makes cleaning the bowl and utensils a mess, gooey is gooey.

starting to smell good...
sniff, can you smell the chocolate?

Chris, melt in your mouth sweetness even if it goobers up your chin

/ Good morning!!!! #152,884  
IMG_5302.JPG

Got the ZT hydro drained, new filters installed, and new oil going in. The kit came with 5 qts 20w50, 2 filters, and a pump with screw in adapter to fill. The problem is the oil is so thick it’s slow to drain down in the transmission. Directions said don’t change over 90°, but looks like don’t do it at 68° either. YouTube videos said this would be the case. So I punted on the pump, because after about 3 pumps it would start coming out the overflow, and now just dumping in the reservoir which is piped to each side. First bottle I dumped in drained real fast, then I remembered the fill plugs were out, so most of it just ran out. Looks like it might take all night to drain down.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,886  
View attachment 753434
Got the ZT hydro drained, new filters installed, and new oil going in. The kit came with 5 qts 20w50, 2 filters, and a pump with screw in adapter to fill. The problem is the oil is so thick it’s slow to drain down in the transmission. Directions said don’t change over 90°, but looks like don’t do it at 68° either. YouTube videos said this would be the case. So I punted on the pump, because after about 3 pumps it would start coming out the overflow, and now just dumping in the reservoir which is piped to each side. First bottle I dumped in drained real fast, then I remembered the fill plugs were out, so most of it just ran out. Looks like it might take all night to drain down.
I ran into that issue when I serviced mine. Mine has an over flow jug with 2- 1/4"od lines out of the bottom going to each side of the transaxle.

Great for monitoring fluid level to the transaxle. Not so great filling them back up after servicing.

I think it took about an hour to fill up both sides. Add some, play a game on my phone. Check level. Add some more. Play another level. Check.... add..... cruise a forum or two.... Add some more oil......

/ Good morning!!!! #152,888  
wow, 105 years old! Glad she got her hydration back. We need our water.

107F is a quick way to lose your hydration.

We enjoyed our trip to the Ice skating rink. Us 2 adults had no big "wipe outs". His kid went down hard a few times. My kid looked like a natural right off the bat. I did have to take maybe 3 breaks for about 5 minutes each, in the whole 2 hours. Nice and cool, I even took off my long sleeve heavy cotton shirt, and got by with just a short sleeve thin button down no iron shirt. When we came out of the ice rink, it was 105F

Drove back the hour home, and didn't do much the rest of the day. 'puter time.
I recall an ice rink in Austin in a shopping center. Where was the one you went to? Never was much of an ice skater but it was cool in there on a hot day. The Galleria rink in Houston was a favorite of my kids back in the day.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,889  
I'm on the way darn it!
sorry Fuddy, too late.
I had the little one, yum, maybe a little overdone because it was small. But very chocolatey.
Split the rest between a plate for folks after church, and also a half a dozen to go baggies.
I've never had a muffin left on the plate yet...though I do ask folks to eat it outside to keep the ants out.

I'm going to make a presentation tomorrow on behalf of church Trustees about preserving that amazing old document I found in the safe deposit box.
Next time I see it I will carefully unfold it, will have four weights ready, take a pic, and then carefully refold it and put it in gallon baggie which I think will just fit.
Not sure it's paper, not sure if parchment, skin, whatever but I do know keeping it folded in quarters for 300 years is not a great idea.
Better late than never to fix this.

neighbor gave me half a home made cherry pie. Ahhhhhhhh. Her crust is awful though, not like I'd tell her that.
So I put two chocolate muffins aside to give her when returning the pie plate. Even a bad cherry pie is mighty good assuming it's not
that gelatinous mess you get with commercial pies. Guar gum. There's stuff in that pie you could probably grease your bearings with...

/ Good morning!!!! #152,890  
I ran into that issue when I serviced mine. Mine has an over flow jug with 2- 1/4"od lines out of the bottom going to each side of the transaxle.

Great for monitoring fluid level to the transaxle. Not so great filling them back up after servicing.

I think it took about an hour to fill up both sides. Add some, play a game on my phone. Check level. Add some more. Play another level. Check.... add..... cruise a forum or two.... Add some more oil......

Yes, I sat awhile on porch, went back to barn and it had filled very little. So I took the fill plug back out, and it drained right down without coming out the open fill hole, until it’s full. Turns out it couldn’t get the air out. So it really didn’t take too long once I figured that out. The pump on the other hand didn’t work as well. Then I put it on Jack stands to purge air per instructions. Took it for a test spin.