Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,461  
Good Morning.
33° with a high of 62 this afternoon. Another clear bright day. Everything is dried up, it’s nice to not be surrounded by swamp.

Yesterday was very productive. Busy, but productive. So busy that I didn’t take any pictures. All the alpacas were sheared by 1pm, I cleared out the middle bay in the shop and set up tables and chairs for a buffet lunch for 18 people. After lunch it was like the cat in the hat, everything was cleaned up and put away, from the outside holding pens to the last cooler full of drinks and all the dishes washed. I was pretty worn out by the end of the day.

Our daughter and her two dogs are going to be here for the next couple months, she is getting hip surgery today, and will convalesce here, as she lives by her self. Youngest son and his wife were here to help with shearing yesterday, along with their dog. It’s been a busy place, made us aware of how used to being empty nesters we were.

I don’t have a lot planned for today, helping our daughter get settled in when she comes home this afternoon, taking care of her dogs, and getting my time with Autocad Fusion will be about it, until it’s time to play music this evening. I figure I’ll feed the boys leftover pulled pork from yesterday…..

/ Good morning!!!! #189,462  
and I knew Popgadget was working hard when I went by his place yesterday morning in the rv going home about 9:30 am and honked three times.
I bet he wondered who that idiot was honking.

as I go off this morning looking for commercial veggies, Bonnie plants five bucks each??
I sure will be motivated next year to do what RS is doing, growing from scratch.
5 bucks for a tomato plant makes the food expensive
3 for 10 is what I'm hunting

RS, do you ship?

/ Good morning!!!! #189,463  
Good Morning!!!! 53F @ 4:15AM. Cloudy early followed by partly cloudy skies and gusty winds this afternoon. High 61F. Winds NW at 20 to 30 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
It was pretty windy yesterday as well, real hang-onto-your-hat weather.

The tire mounting machine has four jaws for gripping the wheel rim, and I had adapters installed that allow it to grip larger diameter motorcycle wheels. When I took the adapters off there was plenty of grip to get the trailer tires off, but those old tires were plenty stiff and hard, giving both the machine and me a good workout. The local American Tire store didn't even blink when I went to dispose of the old tires.

Got someone coming from the coast near Big Sur to purchase the DR mower today. Highway 1 is closed due to construction to remove slides, and is only open twice a day for residents to come and go, once in the morning, once in the afternoon. He'll be in the 7AM convoy out, and needs to catch the 5PM one to get home. Sounds like a pretty solid sale as long as his timing works out.

After that, Santa Maria is hosting the Strawberry Festival at the fairgrounds, and seniors get in free today. Looking forward to fresh, sweet strawberries for dessert tonight.

In between I'll be reorganizing the garage, finding spots for the things covering the welding and work benches. Space, the final frontier.

TGIF gang!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,464  
Morning all, 34 going to 64 and sunny. Feels even colder
Went and trimmed most of the shared road.
Dropped a few smaller dead Ash 4-8" with the pole saw.
better than letting them fall into the road.
Then cut up a few more than were already on the ground.

Hedge trimmed the bushes and pole saw the bigger bush tops away from the road.
Amazing how these can grow 3-4' in a few months.
Still need to trim bushes in front and last third of driveway.

Still trying to think of how to get dad to Dr. and make him think it's what HE wants.
Brother tried to offer help again yesterday to sort out the mess there, but dad pushed back Open to all ideas and experience. He has gotten pretty testy about us helping him.
I am afraid he is not paying bills, seeing DR etc.

I did a career talk to the whole department on Teams yesterday about the 4 different career paths I went through, it went really well.

My tomato starters are still pretty small this year, maybe another week before they go out.
Working on getting peach tree acclimated before planting. Taking it in each night since it's been so cold.

Back to the day job.

At about 40' tall, these are easy to take down. Doing a few a day between cleaning up the bushes. The fire bushes I cut a 4' off last month, have put back on 2' of growth. Keeps me busy.
littleAsh.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #189,465  
Back from Uber duty. Decided I'm too sleepy to make breakfast, gonna try for a few Z's....
Good to hear from WoodChuck, hope recovery goes well.

Now if LS would check in.... PJ also.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,466  
Another night below freezing and the local wind machines running in the vineyards.
Poor, poor, poor city folks who have moved to the idyllic country for the fresh air, vegies and the ambiance.
Dragging their bleary eyed buts into work after a second night of Apocalypse Now sound effects.
Boy did they get sold one by their Real Estate people.
PS some of the farmers have been spreading manure this past week. Enjoy your outdoor bbq.:ROFLMAO:

/ Good morning!!!! #189,467  
Good day !

Spring is back here. 12 .. 13 C / 50 .. 55 F, sunny. Really pleasant

Busy week, but TGIF

Second daughter yesterday passed driver's license exam, theoretical part (actually, how it would be correct to say this in English ?)

here we have rather tough system for young drivers.
All that business is split in 2 major parts - theory and practical driving.
At beginning they have to learn what is stated in rules book. It happens in private schools. As course is finished school makes their own exams, once they are passed, young driver can go to like your DMV, basically to pass the same exam
(daughter is here)
Only after "theory" exam is passed driving can start .
Then again students are learning, learning. School has to take care of night, bad weather, etc driving. DMV doesn't check this. Once school thinks they are ready, they pass "school exam" and then they can go to our DMV for another exam. Then - driver's license is in pocket.

In terms if total complexity I would say daughter have covered 1/3 of path to license.

~~~~~~~~~

Today had rather tough meeting with customer and supplier.
Have agreed that supplier will send his engineers back to drawing boards
Not easy decision as some materials for new system is purchased, something is assembled already

~~~~~~~~~~

Continue speaking about nice trucks

That's my youngest daughter
1A54A305-413E-42DD-B258-BF9F38E5BDA6_1_105_c.jpeg

Not really truck, but truck / bus hybrid.
I am wondering, why bother yourself with roads plowing. Let's have buses like this and live happy :)))

This pic I just stole in internet
monster-truck-1.jpg.webp

Have a nice Friday !

/ Good morning!!!! #189,468  
Good Morning!!!! 53F @ 4:15AM. Cloudy early followed by partly cloudy skies and gusty winds this afternoon. High 61F. Winds NW at 20 to 30 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
It was pretty windy yesterday as well, real hang-onto-your-hat weather.

The tire mounting machine has four jaws for gripping the wheel rim, and I had adapters installed that allow it to grip larger diameter motorcycle wheels. When I took the adapters off there was plenty of grip to get the trailer tires off, but those old tires were plenty stiff and hard, giving both the machine and me a good workout. The local American Tire store didn't even blink when I went to dispose of the old tires.

Got someone coming from the coast near Big Sur to purchase the DR mower today. Highway 1 is closed due to construction to remove slides, and is only open twice a day for residents to come and go, once in the morning, once in the afternoon. He'll be in the 7AM convoy out, and needs to catch the 5PM one to get home. Sounds like a pretty solid sale as long as his timing works out.

After that, Santa Maria is hosting the Strawberry Festival at the fairgrounds, and seniors get in free today. Looking forward to fresh, sweet strawberries for dessert tonight.

In between I'll be reorganizing the garage, finding spots for the things covering the welding and work benches. Space, the final frontier.

TGIF gang!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,470  
Good day !

Spring is back here. 12 .. 13 C / 50 .. 55 F, sunny. Really pleasant

Busy week, but TGIF

Second daughter yesterday passed driver's license exam, theoretical part (actually, how it would be correct to say this in English ?)

here we have rather tough system for young drivers.
All that business is split in 2 major parts - theory and practical driving.
At beginning they have to learn what is stated in rules book. It happens in private schools. As course is finished school makes their own exams, once they are passed, young driver can go to like your DMV, basically to pass the same exam
(daughter is here)
Only after "theory" exam is passed driving can start .
Then again students are learning, learning. School has to take care of night, bad weather, etc driving. DMV doesn't check this. Once school thinks they are ready, they pass "school exam" and then they can go to our DMV for another exam. Then - driver's license is in pocket.

In terms if total complexity I would say daughter have covered 1/3 of path to license.

~~~~~~~~~

Today had rather tough meeting with customer and supplier.
Have agreed that supplier will send his engineers back to drawing boards
Not easy decision as some materials for new system is purchased, something is assembled already

~~~~~~~~~~

Continue speaking about nice trucks

That's my youngest daughter
View attachment 864438

Not really truck, but truck / bus hybrid.
I am wondering, why bother yourself with roads plowing. Let's have buses like this and live happy :)))

This pic I just stole in internet
monster-truck-1.jpg.webp

Have a nice Friday !
Impressive bus. :)