Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,442  
46F and "Fair" @ 11:00, heading up to around 56F for the day's high. LWS reports the low here this morning was 31.6F.

Did not make as much progress yesterday as I had hoped ... :(

Watered all the veggies that needed it though.

And I did get the tomato seedlings repotted - 15 Sunny Boys (yellow) and 2 Crimson Cushions:

IMG_3192 copy.jpg

IMG_3193 copy.jpg

Might move some of those outside today after it warms up to get some actual sun and start hardening them off.

The seeds I planted to replace the seedlings that failed have started coming up.

Beets have started to come up.

Broccoli and cabbage all doing very well, although they seem pretty "leggy" to me.

Moved the redbud seedlings inside last night before I went to bed in case of frost/freeze.

Woman commented yesterday that She thought that greenhouse was pretty good purchase. Told Her "Yeah ... we should get another one when the next Menards rebate check comes in !"

She then asked what we paid for it ... $26.

(She's been eyeing it to put some of Her plants in ... but there's no room left ... ;))

On the agenda for today:

Plant some of the "Green Envy" tomato seeds The Woman picked up.

She asked "Are those green tomatoes or tomatillos ?"

"Tomatoes"

She then asks "Why did I do that ?"

:LOL:

Get Menards rebates sent in.

Email to accountant to set up an appointment.

Schedule a couple of bills for payment.

Rake up leaves from planting bed around small oak tree on west side and take those up to the compost pile so we can plant some of the hosta we are removing from the planting bed at the southeast corner of the house.

Have a rounded shovel head we picked up somewhere along the way, looks like something you would use to clean out a drain pipe. Handle was bad (rotten) so I picked up a new one to replace it. Problem is the end of the handle is a little too big to fit in the head ... so I need to sand that down on the belt sander so it will fit.

Maybe pull that piece of rebar for the tube feeders and get that reset so I can get those put up.

Refill hopper feeder.

Repairs to live trap.

David, hope you are feeling much better soon and a complete recovery is on the horizon.

Hope everyone is having a decent Thursday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #189,443  
rs, what are you going to treat the cedar post with to prevent more damage to it by termites?

Nothing.

Apparently they are less attracted to cedar and there is no shortage of other, more preferable types of wood around here.

I will use the HF weed burner torch to char the below ground portions of the posts ... but I'm guessing it's unlikely there would be any significant damage from termites or carpenter ants within my or The Woman's lifetimes, once the outer non-heartwood portions of the log are removed.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,444  
Good Morning!
Dreary earlier but nice and sunny now. Should be a nice day overall.
Few things I had to do this morning. Then this evening I agreed to present a little talk about the upcoming state convention for a group of delegates. They said they would have lots of good food so I quickly agreed.

Two_bit neat story on pipeline. Remember what it was carrying?
Crude oil from the Permian Basin to the Texas Gulf Coast.

Two_bit sorry work schedule not to your liking. I had that happen to my semi-retirement phase, worked 5 day a week 5-6 hours a day for 6+ months. Money was nice but did not feel like retirement
I asked for it I guess. There is a little pay but not much or why I voluntered. Somebody has to do it and I'm a helper. I prefer pro-bono but that would not work with this gig.

Ken shad make tasty meal for Large mouth bass
They sure do and a lot of other fish! Have you ever caught any Guadalupe Bass? My cousins have a place on the Lampasas River where they are plentiful and bite every day.

Hope everyone has a great day! Prayers for our Nation!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,445  
Good Evening,
Plant City, Fl. We took the beltway around Orlando, traffic wasn’t too bad !
My Brother in Law said this place is the strawberry capital of the world in December and January!

Ich liebe erdberren ! 😉
I love strawberries! 😉

Hope all have a beautiful evening ! 🙏

/ Good morning!!!! #189,447  
Good (Friday) morning. Overnight Low of 2.7C (burrrr) and it's presently 18.6C, clear & calm.

I put the first woodheater burn on for this year yesterday evening. A good thing too as there was a frost overnight. Also, Penelope the Pussybeast abandoned me for most of the night in order to take up residence in front of the heater.

I'll need to pop into town to the clinic to drop off a 'sample' for my Urologist appointment next week.

I'm sure that there will be a paddock transfer coming up soon.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,448  
The Dodge is not back. I told them I needed it for Friday morning. I will be getting on their case at 8:05 A.M. So far the bill is a bit shy of $500.oo and the A/C still needed recharging.
One of the things on the list was to check over the brakes because when you jump on them hard from highway speeds they momentarily pull either left or right. Never the same way twice. That is what took up the lions share of the bill. The lube, oil and filter wasn't much. It only gets done once a year. I doubt I drive it much more than 3000 miles/year.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,449  
Good evening all. 68ºF for the start, overcast, light breeze. Moderate wind gustier in afternoon, overcast most of day, and high temp was 74ºF. Made coffee to start morning, ride after breakfast to avoid the gustier wind, lunch the mow then nap. Fiber line cut so watched DVR recording, spent hour on phone talking to friends and relatives. BIL with pancreatic cancer doing better.
Sunday 12:17 PM CDT post:
Helo nice new truck, I have seen Scania trucks, just not a lot of them. Nice drafting board, drafting machine similar to what I used. Normal floors 1-2-3. Quite the mast for for the lift.
Kyle good to see you rain total win the total amount sweepstakes.
Drew good to hear you are doing somewhat better, hard way to loose 4 pounds.
Scotty sorry to hear you hit 90ºF already :( Glad you got some RC stick time. 10K to rich for my blood.
RS glad no frost. Hope you finish getting up the old subfloor in master bath. Nice you can get shop wormed up that easy. Hope you can get Cub and Kubota in shop soon for maintenance. Hope evening agenda went well.
Scotty sorry birds messed with mow schedule.
Newbury interesting recipe.
Thomas glad good progress on outside.
Paul nice band pic
Mondat 1:04 AM CDT posts:
Helo yes important to know what to draw before you can draw it!
Ron glad car tide nice, nice flowering tree.
Buppies hope you got grass finished, prayers sent.
Drew sorry so tired, not eating much can contribute to tiredness. Hope RV does well on shakedown test.
Thomas hope you got your 50ºF. Hope outside work went well.
Mike that morning was exciting for the wrong reason. Glad mowing went well. Good luck with your Dad's estate and FIL sale. Glad you got to enjoy beer at end of day.
Scott(t) hope you got ready to leave for Florida.
Ken glad you enjoyed shadfest. Have you tried alligator gar? Sorry about ceiling damage, I can see you are broken up about the diswasher ;)Nice pics
Paul glad progressive mower working well. Sorry GS quite early but nice he came back. How far did you get with the downed trees? Nice looking bracket for Freezer condensing unit. Hope you were able to work on manure pile
Frits sorry shoulder did not approve of planting project. Sorry to hear about D8 knee issues. Interesting WiFi unit not installed on dishwasher, guess Boeing not only on with problems
Dennis where do people come up with that stuff.
Drew glad dr visit went well. Sorry about frozen veggies.
RS glad you got subfloor cut up. 83ºF would have shedding clothes and opening doors and windows. Glad you had good evening in shop. Hope Monday went that good
Frits hope D8 knee heals soon, prayers sent.
Two_bit I have large sunfish as well.
RNG sorry you did not find drill, one of the drawbacks to living in two places. Glad neighbor help get compressor upright. Sorry no supper flower bloom. Hope garage sale is successful.
Drew glad you lawn mowed. Glad outlook is good.
Dennis sorry you needed to take son to work. Sorry to hear no progress today. Hope you find better lawyer/realtor.
Thomas sorry warm up breaks needed. Hope evening went well :)
Scaredy sorry about dead phone battery, my phone only good for about 2-3 hours talk time. Hope you get tax issue worked out.
Bill glad oil tank installed. Sorry for the need for inspection.
Dennis hope you get the real estate all sorted out.
Buppies thanks
Tuesday 12:44 AM CDT post:
Helo looks like car is hiding with camouflage.Sorry about clothes washer WiFi disconnecting.
Ron glad grass mowed ahead of rain. Nice to find missing tools. Yup lots of frogs.
Bill hope you got you dump run in. I saw two frogs in Ron's pic
Thomas thanks, hope evening plans went well.
Tim (AIDW) welcome to GM thread, do you have to break ice for chickens?
Mike glad got some weed whacker work done. Hope day stayed quiet.
Drew glad you are still improving. Hope good drive to campground. Nice fox pics
Buppies hope your rain amounts are caught up.
Don hope Firewise and PT went well. Interesting people in your neighbor hood. Sorry about poor card stats last night.
RNG hope you were able to fin hope for the unpacked items, and got trailer tires changed.
Two_bit sorry you were stuck inside.
Dennis hope you get your answers.
Ron thanks for info
Dennis interesting property not declared relative owned. I thought all terms and conditions should be revealed early on in process.
Ken thanks for welcome back. Glad some weed whacking done and new sprayer working out. Hope you got peach tree planted and got to work on fallen trees. Nice pics
Mike I agree paperwork should be in better shape.
Scott(vt) hope good trip to Florida.
RS glad you are getting plenty rain so far. hope repairs to trap work. Glad you got mowing done, hope peppermint spray works. Hope you made good dent in today's agenda. Nice flowering tree pics
Bill hope next batch of Epson salts gets the job done.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, /dad surgery recovery, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,450  
Coffee is brewing. 29° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 66° with mostly sunny skies. After grocery shopping helped neighbor take down a old falling apart swing set. Collected metal and other items for shop projects. Will get them done today.
1l0VgpF.jpg

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.