Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,471  
59F with bright sunshine @ 11:15, heading up to a high of around 72F for the day.

Woman just left for a little shopping outing with a relative.

Made decent progress yesterday.

Got all the tomato plants moved outside yesterday. They seemed to do well, possibly because there was some high thin clouds. Moved them all back inside as there was frost warning last night.

They go back out today and probably won't come back in unless we get another frost warning.

Got leaves cleaned up off of planting ring around oak tree, 2 dump cart loads hauled up to compost pile:

IMG_3198 copy.jpg

Woman sprayed some of the hosta and day lilies with that peppermint extract/water mixture while I hauled the leaves up, emptying out the sprayer.

Noticed one of the volunteer redbuds that we had transplanted was blooming:

IMG_3199 copy.jpg

Refilled hopper feeder + plus scattered some for the ground feeders.

Mixed fungicide and loaded sprayer after Woman rinsed it out, got both peach trees sprayed.

Woman did some weeding around them before I sprayed.

Did a little testing of the curved draw knife while She was rinsing.

She also weeded around the 2 burning bushes and we got the cage put back up that the deer had knocked off around the one. It's about half the size of the other, due to the deer nibbling ... 🤬

After that She headed over to the northeast planting bed and started weeding it and I went back to the house and grabbed the full sprayer that had glyphosate in it and came back and started spraying the eastern side of the planting bed where the forsythia are going to go.

Fought with the sprayer, couldn't get the nozzle adjusted to put out anything but a single stream. Took nozzle off and some stringy goop that looked like snot came out. Once I cleared that, it was off to the races.

Emptied that one out and went back and got the other sprayer which was 1/4 full. Got forsythia bed about 2/3rds done (it's about 350' - 400' long)

Then sprayed around the 2 burning bushes, the Japanese ornamental cherry, the red maple, Nest Box No. 1, and the mealworm feeder.

Nest Box No. 2 now has bluebirds !

Went over to collect up the weeds She had pulled after that. She said the bed needed more mulch and commented that She thought it was helping with the weeds and made them easier to pull (Of course ... ;) )

After that we knocked off, ran over to Maki House and picked up dinner.

After dinner, I headed out to the garage.

Sanded down handle for shovel on the belt sander so it fit.

Got both 1 gallon glyphosate sprayers refilled (making sure to run all the mix through coffee filters ... :rolleyes:)

Emptied what was left in the fungicide sprayer out into a gallon milk jug, took about 1/2 gallon to do both peach trees.

And called it a day.

Woman's amaryllis is now blooming ... and it's a twofer !

IMG_3196 copy.jpg

IMG_3197 copy.jpg

Burning daylight, time to get cracking.

Hope everyone has a decent Friday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #189,472  
66°F and .05 inches rain

Attempting to slide back into world of the living today. Wish I could redo this past week plus.

No pneumonia, but Dr didn’t label whatever it was.

Sophie has a lazily eye procedure this afternoon at ophthalmologist. I missed the explanation but she says he’s rather excited about it being the fix for her condition.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #189,473  
Ah, quality one on one conversation potential while getting promotion points on Dad duties.
And a lot of driving tips that suddenly dad knows something about. I’ve only drove it 30 some years. Will see if he wants to stop at mission BBQ on way home.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,475  
So I called the garage at 8:01 A.M. and confirmed with them that I had told them when I dropped it off On Wednesday noon that they could have it through Thursday BUT I needed it for Friday (today). I reminded them that Friday morning was 75% shot and I NEEDED the heap. They didn't get to the A/C saying that there was something 'wrong' with their machine. (I call BS) But they gave me an appointment for May 1 at 14:30 hrs.
So the total bill so far is $392.oo for oil change + grease, swap winter tires for summers and store winters ($40.oo) and service all 4 disk brakes (there is a kit for that) this is supposed to make them last longer. It could be a whole bunch of hog wash, I don't know enough about disk brakes to call it.
TOTAL mileage on Dodge since last spring when I had the same thing done was 5,018 mi. I keep my odometer in miles because I have zero clues about Litres to the kilometer. I do know that on the highway I average 29 miles to the US gallon. 34.8 miles to the Imperial gallon.

On to the tank, the whistle is installed and after it gets filled up I will switch it for the gauge. Hose is plumbed into the hose reel. I just need to get it filled. 2270 liters is what it holds filled to the brim. I will order 2000L. I just paid $1.69/L for the house tank to get filled. 600 L. I am hoping that they will give me a better price for the bigger quantity.

masseyrider, smell that fresh country air. If the cityidiots don't like it they can move. ;)

helo, normally in Canada we call the theory part of the drivers' license the 'written test'. Ours are multiple guess. You have a choice of one correct answer out of four possible. That is the guess part of it. 20 questions on signs (you are allowed 4 wrong) 20 questions on rules of the road and you are allowed 4 wrong there, too. Then there are another 20 questions if you want a bus license, 20 more for a school bus license and 20 more for a class 'A' CDL and last but not least if you have an air brake system yet another 20 questions for that. I don't know about the motorcycle test as I have never done one. License classes are A (tractor trailer), B (school bus), C (commercial bus [tour bus]), D (dump trucks), E (small school bus no more than 24 passengers), F (Ambulance), G (Allowed to drive any car, van or small truck or combination of vehicle and towed vehicle up to 11,000 kilograms, provided the towed vehicle is not over 4,600 kilograms), M (motorcycle) With 3 wheeled motorcycle license you may NOT drive a two wheeled motorcycle.
It is complicated, but once you understand it all is good.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,477  
Good Morning!

Overcast and threatening rain but I doubt we will get any significant amount.

A friend who has a group of about 25 people who meet to discuss different issues called last week and asked if I would meet with them and speak with them on whatever topic I would like as her scheduled speaker had to cancel. So I did that last night. Great group and I know or have at least met most of them before but there were a few new ones. I started off with some legislative issues from last session and some up coming issues in January when a new Legislature convenes. Then moved onto election integrity, how to effectively participate in local elections. Then went into a discussion about everyones favorite: property taxes. I had intended to talk about the school choice issues in Texas if we had time but there were so many questions and discussion that we never got to that. The schedule was for one hour but we went 2 hours and not one person left early. It was a lot more fun than I expected and I got good feedback.

BIL with pancreatic cancer doing better.
Glad to read this good news, mostly_.

Our daughter and her two dogs are going to be here for the next couple months, she is getting hip surgery today, and will convalesce here, as she lives by her self. Youngest son and his wife were here to help with shearing yesterday, along with their dog. It’s been a busy place, made us aware of how used to being empty nesters we were.
It's great she has you to help out when needed. Sounds like you are going to have a lively time for awhile. All Good!

Got someone coming from the coast near Big Sur to purchase the DR mower today. Highway 1 is closed due to construction to remove slides, and is only open twice a day for residents to come and go, once in the morning, once in the afternoon. He'll be in the 7AM convoy out, and needs to catch the 5PM one to get home. Sounds like a pretty solid sale as long as his timing works out.
Hope everything goes well with the sale of the DR.

Still trying to think of how to get dad to Dr. and make him think it's what HE wants.
Brother tried to offer help again yesterday to sort out the mess there, but dad pushed back Open to all ideas and experience. He has gotten pretty testy about us helping him.
I understand that. When my Dad was got to be ~90 he got that way. He would usually listen, or pretend to, but went on and did it his way unless someone was there to watch him. My Mom was the one we worried about because one day she told me her property taxes had really gone down that year. When I looked at the reciept and the statement she had only made a partial payment but thought she had paid it in full. Luckily there was time to pay it before the deadline where interest and penalties would start.

n terms if total complexity I would say daughter have covered 1/3 of path to license.
They really put new drivers through the loop there it sounds like. In Texas, when my sons were getting their licenses they were taught to drive by my wife. She gave them driving instructions and logged their practice then they went over the Driver's Handbook and took a test and became licensed drivers. Entire process - a couple weeks.

No pneumonia, but Dr didn’t label whatever it was.

Sophie has a lazily eye procedure this afternoon at ophthalmologist.
Glad it's not pneumonia abd hope they can properly Dx it so you get treatment. Glad Sophie is feeling good about her procedure.

And a lot of driving tips that suddenly dad knows something about. I’ve only drove it 30 some years. Will see if he wants to stop at mission BBQ on way home.
With either of my sons there is always room for BBQ. My first granddaughter loves ribs and I'm pretty sure her first spoken word was "ribs".

Everyone have a Great Day and I hope you get to eat some good Ribs! Prayers for our Nation!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,478  
had a fun day outside on a 65 degree gorgeous blue sky day, though when I come in I always have to wash my face to get pollen out of eyelids, etc.
good trip to local nursery, but no new veggies, so I picked up some Irish moss in alternating colors and planted that in a partially sunny spot along the driveway. Also planted some sweet onions and bok choy. temps in raised garden showed 65

never been to Mission Barbecue. I see there's one half an hour away in Warminster.
Might try that for lunch some day and get take home

now to do as little as possible
David, glad you are returning to the living.