Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,401  
A golden can be a great hunter, or a great inside companion, or both.

Glad you got the staples out, and hope for comfort and well being.
Goldens are smart and can be calm enough to be service dogs.

Wouldn't a sharp pair of wire cutters do the trick? I have never had staples, so I don't know what the Dr. uses.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,402  
Good evening all. 46ºF for the start, mostly clear sky, moderate breeze. moderate wind with some brisk gusts, mostly clear sky, and high temp was 69ºF. Make coffee to start morning, putter rest of morning, did not work on gopher :( Bike ride in afternoon, wind penalty was back up to Tuesday levels. Did get nap in work with old laptop to connect back n work, and had nice dinner and visit at stepdaughter's.
Ron glad you got a good weather day in February. Good to hear wood rack finished and in use, and tools put away. Hope you got to conserve energy today. Nice squirrel pic
Drew sorry you are up early. Sorry another cable failed to work better. Sorry to hear headache and backache, try more water for headache. Let me know how the trade-in goes :)
Thomas hope parts store and snow control went well.
Mike hope all your errands were successful.
Kilroy glad good dinner, Hope oil change went well. Hope got taxes to accountant. Hope you were able to conserve energy and keep MRS and dogs happy. Daffys look close to bloom.
Frits sorry to hear about Cody prayers for him. Glad he is better this morning.
Ken sorry bed back to ground 0. Hope Ikea did better this go around.
DarkBlack we like pics, welcome to GM thread. Care to share where "here" is?
RNG glad smooth trip but for pothole. Glad no dames from it. Have fun with which machine to take south.
Don sounds like full day yesterday, and full day again today. Hope you get good production from potatoes.
Scott(vt) hope you got wood stove going again. Pic not encouraging.
Dennis hope you enjoyed the day.
Massey hope you enjoyed your bacon.
Plowhog good luck looking for new dog. I never hunted with one, we had good idea where to find the rabbits. Goose hunting was done in non-lakeside blind.
Buppies good to hear hydrogen peroxide worked on ear. prayers sent. Glad deer eat corn, not shrubs.
Bill nice sleep in. I am impressed cats not that impatient with you. W-2 is normal employee wage form, has more detail than 1099, which you get as contract employee.
Buppies glad you are getting rain
Plowhog thanks for story, not fun to recount when still fresh.
David sorry scag not done and guys lost. Is the a good story about the curry morphing from chicken to pork?
Drew hope new phone transition goes well. Nice progress on seeds. Good to hear snow melting. Nice pic
Drew nice pics, plants looking good.
Frits good to hear Cody back to normal.
David timing issue possible.
James sorry you lost you retirement home. Congrats on getting the I don't if I sell it price. Neat pics.
Randy(wag) sorry about outdoor sensor not working. Good to hear paddock cleanup complete. Good to hear hear drips helping.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, /dad surgery recovery, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,403  
good morning, 37 going to 55 today cloudy

Use Milton V style high flow air couplers. Quincy air compressor tank has 1 inch ball valve shut off at the tank that I close after use and turn off breaker. When turning back on check that the pressure is still holding at 150PSI. Have made a habit of opening the ball valve drain occasionally to drain condensate.

Cody went into a seizure yesterday. Pretty scary to watch him flop dawn. Our vet just 2 miles up the road did not have a doc in the clinic so had to go to another one further away. He recovered and stumbled around for a while. Vet took blood samples and will get results in a couple of days. 400 dollar bill. Hope insurance will cover. This morning he seems fine

Making a brekky BLT and it struck me.
The old saying, "living high on the hog" has lost it's meaning.
Originally belly/bacon meat was the cheap stuff. The higher cuts were the expensive parts.
Now I can buy a pork loin for as little as $1.49 (rarely) $2 to $3 all the time and more if you go to the higher end grocers.
Bacon starts at $5 a package which is less than a pound and a local deli has it for $13 for double smoked ready to eat.
So I guess having my BLT I'm living low on the hog.
Mmmmmm! BACON!

No joy in Scagsville.

Scag SCZ-36A 19KAI w/ Kawasaki FH580V

Cranks but not fire/start, even with starter fluid

New plugs, gapped .30
New ignition coils gapped
Good spark both cylinders.
Cleaned contacts, voltage regulator

Fuel system
Both tanks removed, flushed
New connectors
New 1/4 in fuel lines
New inline filters
New water separator
New, filtered E0 gas
Good fuel flow to carb
New carb

Compression
Right 100
Left 115

Battery charged
All safeties working

Timing Issue?
Check the flywheel key. Does it kick back, or pop? Also, like 7040 said, are the plugs wet after a start attempt? I don't usually tighten my full tight when I'm diagnosing. Do you have a good hot spark? Some Kawi coils get weak, but don't go changing them just yet. Is there something that could be preventing spark once you button it up and try to start it? Like a grounded wire or something?

My Kawi had a myriad of hard starting days, was due to flooding problems. Turns out a blue tail fly had built a mud plug in the carb's breather/overflow tube. I couldn't see it because the normally clear tube was dirty and greasy down at the bottom where it hung below the gator.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,405  
As you know, male Goldens have a bundle of energy until they are about 4 years old. Females calm down sooner.

I'm worried that if you focus on a hunting pedigree, you might end up with a hyper dog. The best hunting Golden I ever saw, belonged to my friend who had 2. He would take the Alpha dog, and I would take the other male. I could almost take a nap while the dog kept a vigil watch, looking for dove. He'd stiffen up and I could tell he could see something flying in the distance. He would take his time and switch from sight to smell to find my downed birds. This dog was a darker coat dog, not like the lighter ones you see in the dog shows these days.

Having a full of pep puppy is not for the faint of heart.

7040, hoping for the best for Cody.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,406  
Thanks for the Scag feedback guys. I’ve checked most of those things, the flywheel early on and oil pressure switch. I didn’t spray directly in cylinder and don’t recall if wet. I already changed both coils and plugs and think I have stronger spark. So, I’m done. Called a neighbor who does mower repair and will turn over to him Sunday.

Just back from picking up Kekoa at vet, another lumpectomy, this time his wrist. Sadly, I didn’t recognize from last one, just thought it was a sore.

Also had dinner out with Soph.

Mostly, maybe not such an interesting chicken to pork story. One of the regular card players doesn’t eat 4 legged meat, hence chicken or fish. She cancelled early, so we decided to switch to please the meateaters in her absence.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,407  
Drinking hot coffee. 19° with partly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 32° with mostly sunny skies. Conserve energy day did not happen. It was so nice out I decided to switch where I store my 2 trailers. Moved Mule trailer under Lean-to to animal barn and utility trailer to Lean-to. I have not used newer tractor for moving things yet. Needed to find tow bar and other things for moving stuff. Got it together and things moved. I have a large pile of metal to haul to scrap yard in utility trailer. Sure is a big change in temperatures. Will be a better day to Conserve Energy. Just never know. One of my neighbors will want to work on a project.
Today's February Snow Full Moon.
nga4Byz.jpg

Everyone stay well and half.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,409  
Microsoft Teams now has the ability to "learn" your voice and isolate all noise in a call that is not your voice. So if someone where to talk to you while on a call, no one would hear them.
Not sure if this is cool or getting into the creepy mode of learning.
We threw our Alexa Echo Dot away years ago once we learned it was always listening and storing what it heard...still keep tape over the laptop camera lens always staring at me. Using Duck Duck Go more, like Ron, but I'm certainly enjoying most technology, and playing with an AI assistant, although I find it to be only about 50% accurate.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,410  
good morning all
slept well, coffee doing its job, contemplating the day
headed to TSC first thing to get a tank filled, then stopping at Verizon on way home to look
at a new Iphone, then home. Weather is iffy, actually supposed to rain and snow this morning, yuk, but that
will clear out. Cold front coming in, getting very cold tonight, then a gradual warm up.

if I go to TSC, I'm sure I will look at seeds. There's always one more packet to plant?
my largest zinnias, the State Fair type, were all wrecked (for giving away) when the shelving fell over and dumped
them all on floor, losing all the labels. No way I can tell one zinnia from another.

I put Humpty Dumpty back together, poorly, so those flowers will go in my garden. But now no State Fair
zinnias to give away. I might see if they have more of them. Though really I want to get this seedling operation out of my living room
as soon as possible. Next year will have a workbench in greenhouse to work in.

had hoped all the snow would melt off rv but still some up there. Maybe tomorrow, more likely next weekend to get cover off.

RNG, you must be pretty tuckered out by now from this move. When will you be done?

I ordered some trellises to raise cucumbers on, trying something new this year.
can't wait to plant my radishes and lettuce next week. I up potted the Sweet Peas a third time, they grow like weeds, up and down equally.
they seem pretty spindly, not sure they like this transplanting.
some plants like to be left alone... looks like they need something to climb on

Ron, I didn't see an attachment?

hope you all have a great weekend
P1000249 - Copy.JPG