GMC Canyon input requested

/ GMC Canyon input requested #21  
I have sat in and test drove the Canyon and Ranger. The Canyon has plenty of room, decent seats and it overall very comfortable. The Ranger is a tight squeeze, but I like the seats better.

I like the design and ride of the GMC. They seem very popular around here. Seems like every 4th vehicle on the road is Colorado or Canyon. Of course, I want one so it seem like everyone has one!

/ GMC Canyon input requested #22  
If smaller trucks got better mileage, that would be a good reason to buy them. But most trucks in that class have poor mileage. I had a 6 & 8 Dakota which I loved, but they both got similar mileage to my 6.6 Duramax, which never got any mileage that one could brag about. So why suffer with a little truck with worse resale too?

/ GMC Canyon input requested #23  
If smaller trucks got better mileage, that would be a good reason to buy them. But most trucks in that class have poor mileage. I had a 6 & 8 Dakota which I loved, but they both got similar mileage to my 6.6 Duramax, which never got any mileage that one could brag about. So why suffer with a little truck with worse resale too?

My '83 Ranger 2WD, my '85 Ranger 4WD, and my '91 Toyota 4WD all got between 23-24 mpg. That's considerably more than any full sized truck of the era. Then they started putting bigger engines which dropped them down in the full sized range... my '04 Ranger gets 17 on a good day. More often as it gets older I see 15-16... the same as my full sized Silverado. Yet the Ranger is smaller and 2000 lbs lighter so will go places that the big trucks can't; and also fits into parking spots which are about the only thing downsized in the last 20 years.

/ GMC Canyon input requested

Not to make a debate out of this, but comparing gross mileage numbers between differing fuel types is absurd.
And I have found several used Canyons 2-3 years old with 20-30K miles and they are priced stupid high.
Calling any of these little is kind of silly as well, I had to measure carefully to see if a short bed crew was going to fit in the garage.
I am happy with the physical size of the truck, will gladly accept the 3-4 mpg advantage of the V6 over the full size with the V8 while enjoying the same hp and torque as my 2004 5.3L Sierra.
Yeah, I would like to get better mileage, but I get to choose among what is offered. One of the reasons I bought a 1500 in 2004 was because I didn’t want to feed a GM 6.0 gas engine.

/ GMC Canyon input requested #25  
YES, norlmally comparing apples with oranges makes little sense. But in my case I went from two Dakotas a 6 cyl to an 8 and then to a 6.6 Duramax and had the same fuel economy. Give or take. I just find that interesting.

YES, norlmally comparing apples with oranges makes little sense. But in my case I went from two Dakotas a 6 cyl to an 8 and then to a 6.6 Duramax and had the same fuel economy. Give or take. I just find that interesting.

Despite the obvious differences in abilities and capacity to do work I would be more inclined to look at fuel cost per mile as a more equitable comparison.

/ GMC Canyon input requested #27  
I just find it interesting that I never saved money driving a mid size (toy) truck. AND for what it's worth, I have always driven like an 80 year old man and miser that looks two miles ahead to try and determine my speed and distance to make a green light.

/ GMC Canyon input requested #28  
I just find it interesting that I never saved money driving a mid size (toy) truck. AND for what it's worth, I have always driven like an 80 year old man and miser that looks two miles ahead to try and determine my speed and distance to make a green light.
The answer to that is, you had a Dakota!!

My brother has had a couple, they were NEVER even close to the same mpg of an equal sized Chevy!

SR

Maybe so. I have no need for a truck the size of today’s full size trucks, and I don’t want my ride sitting outside in the Southeast sun because I felt the need to have what everyone else drives. For me, it is pure overkill by every measure. There is not a single option or accessory that I want that will go lacking.

/ GMC Canyon input requested #30  
It’s funny how these mid sized trucks get criticized for being too small and less than full sized. They are the same size as the ‘78 full sized trucks.
I don’t think you can go wrong with any of them, other than the occasional lemon from any brand. Test drive some and get one that feels good and is enjoyable to drive.