GC2400 Front Drive Leak

/ GC2400 Front Drive Leak #41  
All axles have a vent..otherwise you would blow seals left and right. Always make aure they are clear and above the water line.

/ GC2400 Front Drive Leak
I am in complete agreement that this is vent related. I cleaned the vent, checked level, and no more leaks. Yesterday, used the tractor just for 20 minutes tops. Parked it in the garage and come back an hour later. puddle of hydro fluid under THE OTHER SIDE. Unscrewed the cap and heard a pressure release. Something is not working right with my vent because it is not dirty beyond what would happen through normal use.

/ GC2400 Front Drive Leak #43  
I don't know where you live nor your recent weather and temps, but do you think it could be moisture-related? As in some rain getting around the vent, then freezing it shut?
Shouldn't be much moisture INSIDE the unit, but I suppose it is remotely possible, as in humid air or rain splash being pulled in repeatedly during cool-down.

/ GC2400 Front Drive Leak
I don't know where you live nor your recent weather and temps, but do you think it could be moisture-related? As in some rain getting around the vent, then freezing it shut?
Shouldn't be much moisture INSIDE the unit, but I suppose it is remotely possible, as in humid air or rain splash being pulled in repeatedly during cool-down.
Its been pretty warm and it is keep inside my heated garage. Maybe I am tightening it to much?

I'm just not seeing where the pressure would release out of that cap. It just looks like a rubber seal that you tighten against the housing.

/ GC2400 Front Drive Leak #45  
My 2010 GC2610 had this problem about 5 or 6 years ago. Replaced one seal and then the other about a year later. No problems with them since. Presently at a bit over 1000 hours but not sure as I have to disconnect the tachometer in very cold weather. Biggest complaint is the price for OEM seals and the difficulty/uncertainty in obtaining aftermarket ones.