GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers

/ GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers #51  
Hey all,

Went to Napa and they also show this part number for the hydro filter, but does not show it available yet and it does not have a price yet.

Next month (April) the week of 22-28 Napa has filters 50% off.

I am going to stock up on the 4 filters they have for my MF as the air filters are now $51.

KC

Hey KC, Thanks for your info but why not wait the 4 weeks and get them at half off?

/ GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers #52  
Hey KC, Thanks for your info but why not wait the 4 weeks and get them at half off?

Hi Pixguy,

Yes, I am going to stock up on filters when they go on sale at 50% off, sorry I did not make myself clear on that.

KC

/ GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers #53  
Hi Pixguy,

Yes, I am going to stock up on filters when they go on sale at 50% off, sorry I did not make myself clear on that.

KC

No problem, I see now how you meant it. Thanks again for saving us $$$.

:drink:

/ GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers #54  
Please be careful. I have heard of at least 1 person that got to replace an engine on a new GC1700 installing a FRAM oil filter based on some bad advise. Nothing against FRAM - they don't even list a filter for the GC in their catalog.

/ GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers
Please be careful. I have heard of at least 1 person that got to replace an engine on a new GC1700 installing a FRAM oil filter based on some bad advise. Nothing against FRAM - they don't even list a filter for the GC in their catalog.

It's interesting you say that.

I just briefly checked, and the 72201898 didn't come up.

I know at one point I saw where it did.

I'll do more looking when I get time.

For what it's worth, Fram does competitor cross the Wix 51360, (which crosses over from MF 72201898), to their PH 4967.

44e923ed-a031-465e-ae14-75d277555eb5.png

I think an e-mail, or phone call, is in order.

/ GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers #57  
Here is a surprise one..... WIX 51272.... Its a 20X1.5mm screw on canister, with 11 micron filtering agent,and its application is guess what.... Kubota hydraulics.... And the manual for my MF GC 1715 states a 10 micron filter.....

Wix 51272.jpg

Dale

Spoke to Fram rep today. He submitted a request for it to be looked at.

UPDATE since writing this: Fram called me back, and said they will officially verify a filter for GC's in the coming weeks. And, they will let me know, what they find.

Last edited:
   / GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers #60  
Thanks for checking that out, Ray! (BTW... still on original battery....:p)