Gas string trimmer aka weed eater recommendations wanted

/ Gas string trimmer aka weed eater recommendations wanted #31  
My two pennies, I'm 5'11 any cheap or even expensive curved shaft trimmer is to small always bending over when I was using them. Stay away from the cheap craftsman and poulan's unless you enjoy a pre-work out trying to get the pos started. When I lived in the city bought a poulon "pro" had interchangeable attachments. In order to get it to run halfway decent ground off and slotted the carb adjustment screws and housing around them. Eventually worked for trimming around my exes flowers and in the end did a great job on the actual flowers themselves. Lol.

/ Gas string trimmer aka weed eater recommendations wanted #32  
Highly recommend Echo PAS 2620.
We have an older Echo PAS 266 and a Echo
PAS-2620 they both have been super reliable units.
We love the versatility of switching attachments.
Also have an Echo CS-400 chainsaw that has also been
super reliable.

Last edited:
   / Gas string trimmer aka weed eater recommendations wanted #33  
I'm looking for a recommendation on a brand or even a model you think is better than the rest.
My use is semi-light and seasonal. And speaking of light - Light and powerful would be good. Also I'm 6ft tall if that weighs into the ergonomics.
Thanks for any suggestions.
FWIW, I have had a Stihl Kombi system for many years. I have limited use also, but it starts when I want it to start. Hanging in the shop after months, it runs. My applications probably differ, at times I need a brush knife other times a weed eater. Light weight depends on your definition. I have a shoulder strap, so the load doesn't weigh on my arms. Parts and service, if needed are available here locally. A big reason I went with Stihl.

/ Gas string trimmer aka weed eater recommendations wanted #34  
I won’t own anything but Echo trimmers. My last one lasted for 15 years under heavy use. I just bought two new Echos, a SRM 225 which their lighter smaller trimmer but will still clear briars from a ditch and I bought a SRM 2620 which is an absolute beast. Stihl ain’t all that. Echo equipment is as good as it gets IMO.

/ Gas string trimmer aka weed eater recommendations wanted #35  
Highly recommend Echo PAS 2620.
We have an older Echo PAS 266 and a Echo
PAS-2620 they both have been super reliable units.
We love the versatility of switching attachments.
Also have an Echo CS-400 chainsaw that has also been
super reliable.
I concur. I have an Echo that I bought in 1999 and I literally have not done anything to it except add more fuel and trimmer string for the 24 years I have owned it. Heavy use every year also with a bush blade and it fires up every time and runs great.

I probably should have maintained it better but its not noticed my lack of care.

/ Gas string trimmer aka weed eater recommendations wanted #36  
Husqvarna makes decent lightweight wackers at a 2-300 dollar price point had this 322L straight shaft for over 5 years always starts (has a primer bulb), lightweight wife's a weed whacking mama with it which I'm happy cause I don't have to do it lol.

Attachments

• KIMG1764.JPG
    KIMG1764.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 53
  • KIMG1765.JPG
    KIMG1765.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 47
   / Gas string trimmer aka weed eater recommendations wanted #38  
I concur. I have an Echo that I bought in 1999 and I literally have not done anything to it except add more fuel and trimmer string for the 24 years I have owned it. Heavy use every year also with a bush blade and it fires up every time and runs great.

I probably should have maintained it better but its not noticed my lack of care.
Echo are fine, but we have failed some and they are not perfect. We are swtiching to Stihl which are good as well.

/ Gas string trimmer aka weed eater recommendations wanted #39  
I've got two Husqy 28s hanging on the wall. Since neither start or run, that's where they'll stay reminding me not to buy any more Husqys.
Until my Husqvarna collection starts failing me I'll say good things about them, however next round will probably be Echo.

/ Gas string trimmer aka weed eater recommendations wanted #40  
As an aside, for extreme cutting, including trees up to 3" in diameter, I run a two stroke 52cc Chinese brush cutter. The only repair since I bought it in 2018 has been replacing a gas line I assume from ethanol damage. I think I paid about $150 and they're up to $197.00 now.