Fueling tractor

/ Fueling tractor #131  
My setup. 30 gallon drums you can get from uline.

Nice setup!

It may not be a big deal, but brass pipe fittings would be more suitable (and more $) for contact with Diesel fuel.

/ Fueling tractor #132  
anyone thought about using block and tackle to hoist the 5 gal can up and use a siphon hose?

I have solar here and I have these small units you put your AA or AAA or D or C batteries in and then you plug it into the wall outlet. I use the solar plug in to charge the batteries and I don't purchase batteries any more. also these are regular batteries not the rechargeable ones.

willy

/ Fueling tractor #133  
anyone thought about using block and tackle to hoist the 5 gal can up and use a siphon hose?

I have solar here and I have these small units you put your AA or AAA or D or C batteries in and then you plug it into the wall outlet. I use the solar plug in to charge the batteries and I don't purchase batteries any more. also these are regular batteries not the rechargeable ones.

willy
Post #6 did.

/ Fueling tractor #135  
Here is what I use for my L3560 (~10 gallon tank). The 25 gallon rolling carboy has an integrated hand rotary pump and grounding wire for use in fueling and I also use that for when I refill the tank laying down in the back of my pickup (i ground to truck frame and keep diesel nozzle in full contact of container when filling). The downside is that I need to use my shop gantry to lift the filled carboy up out of the pickup truck bed, drive off and then lower in upright position onto shed floor. I have a ramp to the truck bed but the filled carboy is way to heavy to use the ramp. I also use the pictured 5 gallon cans as they work really well with my L3560 Kubota and are useful when I need 5 gallons when away from shop. The locking collar and air relief actually work well and sometimes with no drips at all and the cans drain completely. The yellow rolling carboy/pump set up came from Northern Tools. I got the cans from my local Kubota dealer.

E96358C9-2F8D-471A-A19C-5A842396FA83.jpeg858E8F80-3F6D-473C-BD53-02B2361A46BA.jpeg

/ Fueling tractor #136  
...................zip.....................hand rotary pump and grounding wire for use in fueling ....................zip..............

Looks good, but unlike gasoline I wouldn't worry much about exploding or igniting Diesel fuel or fumes when refilling a tractor!

Have you ever tried to light up Diesel fuel with a match?
I have and it's not easy.

/ Fueling tractor #137  
What you guys find to be the better way of fuel transfer to get away from lifting 5 gal jugs to fill tractor
Don’t use enough for 50 gal drum with pump
If you don't want to get a tank and pump (diesel fuel lasts a very long time) maybe you should consider a shaker hose. It’ll transfer by syphon.

/ Fueling tractor #138  
put you can in the bucket and siphon it
or build a cart and put the can on it and get
a battery operated pump from amazon

willy

/ Fueling tractor #139  
I use a large 15 gallon fuel jug and a hand crank manual pump. Works great and is much better than lifting 5 gallon jugs!

Mike

/ Fueling tractor #140  
If you don't want to get a tank and pump (diesel fuel lasts a very long time) maybe you should consider a shaker hose. It’ll transfer by syphon.
i bought the shaker hose syphon and the hose was compressed so badly it wouldn't carry any volume. The way the hose was packaged ruined it and I can't fix it. It cost more for a new piece of hose than the shaker cost!

I just bought the 12 volt diesel transfer pump from HF. It was about $100 but, after falling twice and a hernia lifting those gas cans I figured it was worth it.

My new pump will empty a 5 gallon can in less than 1 minute!