Fuel Station Build

/ Fuel Station Build #21  
I used to drive down the road 3 miles to fuel up the tractor and then haul cans for the mower and RTV, but I was doing it so often. We already had a bulk fuel account for our generator, so went ahead and got two bulk tanks, one diesel and one gas. GREATEST choice ever. It is so nice having an "endless" amount of fuel on tap, like my own private gas station :laughing:

/ Fuel Station Build #22  
I used to drive down the road 3 miles to fuel up the tractor and then haul cans for the mower and RTV, but I was doing it so often. We already had a bulk fuel account for our generator, so went ahead and got two bulk tanks, one diesel and one gas. GREATEST choice ever. It is so nice having an "endless" amount of fuel on tap, like my own private gas station :laughing:

Approx how long will each, gas and diesel, stay usable in a tank?

/ Fuel Station Build #23  

Years on diesel with nothing added. Gasoline, I add PRI-G and it extends to years also.

/ Fuel Station Build #24  

We use it fast enough that we don't have to worry. We have 300 gallons of both, and I do add stabilizer to the gas (NOT ethanol free) which we use mainly in our cars but also in our small engine stuff. The other tank I have on road diesel in (dyed is only 15-20 cents cheaper in my county), which we use in the tractor and mower and I put in my truck when I don't feel like going to the fuel station. The neighbor fills his 30hp tractor sometimes. It is also a backup for during a very long power outage and our generator needs fueling and the fuel truck can't get to us.
We get fuel delivered every 3 months or so

/ Fuel Station Build #25  
Thanks for the info!

If my gas is going to sit for six months or so, is it worth it to find ethanol-free gas?

/ Fuel Station Build #26  
If my gas is going to sit for six months or so, is it worth it to find ethanol-free gas?

Keep moisture out of your tank and you will have no issue with ethanol. The problem is you have to keep water away, you can't decant water off the bottom of the tank the way you could with E0.

Don't know what is available but would consider charcoal evaporation control plus any option for stopping moisture before it gets in the tank. I find E10 lasts longer in modern EPA-laden evaporation controlled automobile gas tanks than in motorcycles or small engines with simple vented gas tanks.

The problem is that ethanol-laced gasoline will carry water, and that no matter dissolved in solution or binary, water is bad for engine. Corrodes sensitive parts either way. There is no additive or magic elixir to change this fact. Those claiming to remedy ethanol problems only increase the ability to carry water in solution.

Diesel has a similar problem with bacteria and fungus. Once again the key to keep moisture out of the fuel.

/ Fuel Station Build
Finally wrapping up this small project. Was able to build most of my shelter from leftovers from a fencing project I just finished. Used the leftover cedar pickets for trim and cut offs for shingles. Only had to buy a couple of pieces of siding. Makes good place to store extras such as def fluid for the loader, grease gun, tractor pins, chains, etc and keeps things looking decent next to the house. Pallet makes it easy to load on the trailer and take with me for off site projects or to refill.

2019-08-28_11-48-12

2019-08-28_11-58-53

/ Fuel Station Build #29  
Ethanol attracts water like a sponge, if using ethanol it’s best to keep a full tank or a empty tank if it’s going to sit around for awhile, in the boat business we deal with a lot of water issues with folks who use ethanol and leave their fuel tanks half full or so and leave for a few weeks and come back only to have running issues or no start issues if not treated, about 15 years ago we started putting water separators on all boats and pontoons that get sold to help eliminate this problem.

Diesel on the other hand can sit for a long time if treated and kept in a dry environment before a person would need to worry about it going bad, I have used diesel in my 7.3 that’s close to two years old.

/ Fuel Station Build #30  
Finally wrapping up this small project. Was able to build most of my shelter from leftovers from a fencing project I just finished. Used the leftover cedar pickets for trim and cut offs for shingles. Only had to buy a couple of pieces of siding. Makes good place to store extras such as def fluid for the loader, grease gun, tractor pins, chains, etc and keeps things looking decent next to the house. Pallet makes it easy to load on the trailer and take with me for off site projects or to refill.

2019-08-28_11-48-12

2019-08-28_11-58-53

Nice looking fuel station. Do you have any idea how much your set up weighs? I get tired of hauling cans to fuel my B26TLB. It doesn't leave the property very much. The BX2230 goes into town to mow and snowblow, so I can fuel it up at the station. Thanks. Jon

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2024 AGT L12R Mini Excavator (A33249)
2024 AGT L12R Mini...
Rogers Low Boy 25 Ton (A34302)
Rogers Low Boy 25...
Starfire 3000 (A33028)
Starfire 3000 (A33028)
4960 8120 JOHN DEERE C/A MFD PS 480/80R46 10060HRS 10060 S/N:RW8120P020172 (A34733)
4960 8120 JOHN...
1022 MC115 MCCORMICK C/A MFD 18.4X38 4943 HRS (A34733)
1022 MC115...
9302 D3C CAT DOZER 575HRS SHOWING S/N:1PJ00688 (A34733)
9302 D3C CAT DOZER...