Fuel Station Build

/ Fuel Station Build #1  

jk96

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L6060
Finally getting around to putting together a fuel station for the house. In the past I've drove the tractor the 3 miles into town when I needed fuel but now that I've purchased a trackloader keeping fuel in it has been a pain. It hold 25 gallons and is almost easier to load it up and haul into town as opposed to hauling 5 - 5 gallon jugs and trying to fill from them. I'm using an old 60 gallon transfer tank with tool box that won't fit my current mega cab due to fender clearance with the short bed. Pump is a fill-right 15gpm pump and added an inline filter. Got everything put together and pump is moving right at the rated 15 gpm. Took 1 min 30 seconds to fill the loader up from empty. It's fast enough I'm glad I didn't spend the extra money on an auto shutoff handle. Next step is to build a pallet for the tank to sit on/in that will house the battery as well and then some type of stand for it.

2019-08-14_09-50-58

2019-08-14_09-51-15

/ Fuel Station Build #2  
Good stuff!

This is my setup, but it's inside a shed so weather protection (housing) isn't required.

Attachments

• IMG_0220.JPG
    IMG_0220.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 360
  • IMG_0219.JPG
    IMG_0219.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 334
  • IMG_0218.JPG
    IMG_0218.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 313
   / Fuel Station Build #3  
One of these days - one of these days. The five gallon Jerry cans aren't getting any lighter as the years go by. I don't use near that amount of fuel. Looking for a rechargeable battery, hand held pump. One hose in the Jerry can - one hose in the tractor fuel tank.

/ Fuel Station Build #4  
Every time I see ideas like this, or projects, I think how useful that would be. So do you load up the pallet and take the container to the fueling station to put gas/diesel in it?

/ Fuel Station Build #5  
Finally getting around to putting together a fuel station for the house. In the past I've drove the tractor the 3 miles into town when I needed fuel but now that I've purchased a trackloader keeping fuel in it has been a pain. It hold 25 gallons and is almost easier to load it up and haul into town as opposed to hauling 5 - 5 gallon jugs and trying to fill from them.

I keep seeing these threads and I keep wondering if bulk fuel delivery isn't available everywhere. Neighbor has a 500 gallon tank and gets it filled a few times a year with dyed ULSD. I haul a 55 gallon barrel over there (about a mile) and get 30-40 gallons at a time. Use a hand crank barrel pump to fill the tractor.

They wouldn't do that for more limited use, but maybe if two or three farms got together ....

/ Fuel Station Build
Every time I see ideas like this, or projects, I think how useful that would be. So do you load up the pallet and take the container to the fueling station to put gas/diesel in it?

Yes. This tank holds 60 gallons so it will get me quite a few hours on the loader and plenty for the tractor since it only holds about 15 gallons. Going to build a better pallet to put the tank and battery on today. As for bulk fuel delivery mentioned in the other reply I haven't checked as I probably couldn't move enough to justify it.

/ Fuel Station Build
Good stuff!

This is my setup, but it's inside a shed so weather protection (housing) isn't required.

Nice. Any idea how many gallons your pumping between charging your battery?

/ Fuel Station Build
Finished up my pallet for the tank this morning. This should keep everything stable during transport and allows me to anchor to the front of my trailer for fuel if I'm working away from home and want to take extra fuel. Just want to build a small shelter for this to sit under next where I plan to store it to keep rain and sun off the hoses and battery.

2019-08-15_09-38-59

/ Fuel Station Build #9  
Alright, I'll drag out the photo of my fuel station again.....no battery required.

enhance

/ Fuel Station Build #10  
Nice setup but you still have to get the fuel into those tanks way up there in the attic.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

1989 Case WB14 4x4 Articulated Wheel Loader (A32932)
1989 Case WB14 4x4...
2024 Kivel 84in Bucket Skid Steer Attachment (A32932)
2024 Kivel 84in...
4 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
4 Yard steel end...
Gleaner L21L3 Header Adapter (A33041)
Gleaner L21L3...
AGT YSRT14 Skid Steer (A33526)
AGT YSRT14 Skid...
2022 Fecon Black Hawk Drum Mulcher (A33526)
2022 Fecon Black...