Fuel Station Build

/ Fuel Station Build
I thought about a gravity feed but seemed like it would be a pain. Plus I wanted something portable for use off site as well. Nice setup.

/ Fuel Station Build #12  
TNANDY, mice setup you put together! Only thing that catches my eye is the fire extinguisher in middle and should be hanging on outside corners under over hang. That way would be easier to access just in case. Just my 2c.

/ Fuel Station Build #13  
Nice setup but you still have to get the fuel into those tanks way up there in the attic.

Guy from the Farm Co-op pulls his truck right up the building, climbs a 10' step ladder I lean against the loft, fills the tanks and is gone in short order.

/ Fuel Station Build #14  
TNANDY, mice setup you put together! Only thing that catches my eye is the fire extinguisher in middle and should be hanging on outside corners under over hang. That way would be easier to access just in case. Just my 2c.

Good idea ! Thanks.....I'll move it.

/ Fuel Station Build #15  
Nice. Any idea how many gallons your pumping between charging your battery?

Sorry, no. With just the 4105 to fill, and infrequently at that, I just check an 'indicator' (red/green) window that's incorporated into the top of the battery.

That's also why I went with a 50 litre tank so that diesel isn't sitting around for too long. I do add "Fuel Doctor" (Aussie product) to eliminate any biological growth that may occur.

/ Fuel Station Build #16  
... It hold 25 gallons .... I'm using an old 60 gallon transfer tank with tool box ...

I'm confused on how much fuel you can put into your tank?

Can you buy off road red diesel there? I save more then .50 cents a gallon buying the red stuff.

A lot of the time I'll just fill up two 5 gallon yellow diesel cans for my little tractor, but when I'm doing a bigger project and really burning a lot of fuel, I use my fuel trailer with two 100 gallon tanks that I can get 180 gallons into. I put cigarette lighter connections on all my tractors and power the transfer pump from the battery of what I'm fueling up. This way the battery is always charged.

I like that I can move it around my place with my truck or the Mule. Usually it's parked behind my Sea Container, but when I was digging my big pond, I parked it in the middle of the hole so I could fuel up faster.

260.jpg

261.jpg

255.jpg

/ Fuel Station Build
Hey Eddie
The transfer rank holds 60 gallons. The 25 gallons I mentioned was in regards to the capacity of my trackloader.
Jeremy

/ Fuel Station Build #18  
340s can be fuel hogs

Nice set up by the way

/ Fuel Station Build
340s can be fuel hogs

Nice set up by the way

Thanks. There is a noticeable difference in fuel consumption between just moving dirt and running the high flow cutter. It gets really thirsty with the cutter.