Oil & Fuel Fuel dribbling at injector on Yanmar 3110D - bad injector pump? (video)

/ Fuel dribbling at injector on Yanmar 3110D - bad injector pump? (video) #61  
   / Fuel dribbling at injector on Yanmar 3110D - bad injector pump? (video)
After working Saturday and Sunday after church getting everything back together I'm happy to report that the tractor is running good!

I pulled the fuel tank which took quite a bit of time due to all the things that also needed to be removed with the dash surround and steering wheel. I took the opportunity to paint the black plastic part of the dash while I had it off and touch up any rusted screws.

I replaced all the fuel lines (aside from the metal ones to the injectors). I put the new fiber washers in and the cleaned injectors that thepumpguysc went over for me (which looked 10,000 times better when I got them back from him). I installed the new injector pump, a new fuel filter, and a new air filter. Fresh diesel with 2 cycle in it.

I followed all the steps to bleed the system and turned it over a few times with compression released until I got good jets of fuel out at the lines where the injectors connect. Much more fuel coming out than with the old injector pump. I then loosely connected to the injectors and did two other turnovers to ensure no air bubbles. After all that I cranked it at full throttle and it fired right up, much better than any time it started before. That knocking noise is gone.

I drove it for about 15 minutes yesterday before we had a storm come up and I had to put it away. I'll do some cutting soon and we will see how things go.

Thanks for all the help and advice on here! I'll get some photos posted later on.

/ Fuel dribbling at injector on Yanmar 3110D - bad injector pump? (video) #63  
Sounds like a success story. :thumbsup:

/ Fuel dribbling at injector on Yanmar 3110D - bad injector pump? (video) #64  
The injectors were ok after cleaning.. BUT the pump was worn out.. the pump from Hoye was very reasonable & easier to just replace than rebuild.
Dam near the same price w/ less the wait, for shipping of parts..
IF it saves the customer $.. I'm all for it.. I let folks know of available lower cost pumps VS rebuilds, ALL THE TIME.. I'm here TO HELP.. not buy a new truck or send the kids thru college.. AND.. my house is paid for.. lol

Timing> just swap over the shims from the old pump.. but seeing you bought new shims.. follow Aarons advice..

Good on you, pumpguy.

/ Fuel dribbling at injector on Yanmar 3110D - bad injector pump? (video) #65  
Thanks everybody.. THAT PUMP was slam worn out!!! & it took some doin' to get the injectors in working order but its all worth it, to hear about a happy man & his tractor..
The REAL problem is maintenance.. change those fuel filters 2x a year WEATHER OR NOT, you run the machine.. a couple of 20's is ALOT cheaper than the 5-600.00 your gonna spend on a pump.. & 160.. per injector.. + down time..
"the old pump guy" isn't gonna be around forever to do stuff for free.. lol
Thanks for the update "D".. Happy Tractoring..

/ Fuel dribbling at injector on Yanmar 3110D - bad injector pump? (video) #66  
Good job pump guy!!!!!!!

I think I paid just a few dollars for my filters one time I ordered from rock auto I crossed some filter numbers and searched for them. I got some carquest Wix filters for just a few dollars. I normally buy them at carquest bit there still only like $6-7 I think.