Oil & Fuel Fuel dribbling at injector on Yanmar 3110D - bad injector pump? (video)

/ Fuel dribbling at injector on Yanmar 3110D - bad injector pump? (video) #1  

drunderw

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar 3110D
Good afternoon everyone!

So frustrated. I got the head gasket replaced on the tractor and got about 30 minutes of cutting done and the tractor lost power and shut down. After that it would not start. Temp was right under 190 and it was running great. I have fuel in the filter and in the tank. Thinking maybe an issue getting fuel I pulled in the line off the #1 injector and tried cranking. A small dribble of fuel comes out and then no more as it is turning over. I have a video at the link below showing this. I'm headed back down to unscrew the bleed line at the injector pump to see if I indeed have fuel flowing into it but it appeared so. I read on the Hoye site that I should also at this point drain the diesel, flush the lines and tank, etc to make sure no trash. The filter itself it clean as I replaced it right before the head work and even then it wasn't that bad, just some black specs in it.

Thanks for any feedback!

David

Possible Fuel Pump Issue Yanmar 3110D - YouTube

/ Fuel dribbling at injector on Yanmar 3110D - bad injector pump? (video) #3  
Got the throttle open when doing your first video? Don't know if the 3110 has a kill cable or not, if so, it is not being pulled? If yes to both questions then you definitely have a fuel problem. How to bleed air out of the fuel system

/ Fuel dribbling at injector on Yanmar 3110D - bad injector pump? (video)
Got the throttle open when doing your first video? Don't know if the 3110 has a kill cable or not, if so, it is not being pulled? If yes to both questions then you definitely have a fuel problem. How to bleed air out of the fuel system

The throttle is open during the first and second video.

The way to kill the 3110D is just to push the throttle all the way forward. It was past the point that clicks where you have to have it to start.

I'll go out and try the bleed and see what I get if anything different.

/ Fuel dribbling at injector on Yanmar 3110D - bad injector pump? (video) #5  
The pump "looks like" its putting out fuel.. but that's not near the volume you need..
It looks like water?? Just MAKE SURE you have enough fuel FEEDING the injection pump..
Is it gravity fed or is there a lift pump before the injection pump??

/ Fuel dribbling at injector on Yanmar 3110D - bad injector pump? (video) #6  
another thing.. pull the compression release when doing the diagnosis.. the engine will spin faster & wont effect the fuel delivery..
AND bust ALL the lines loose AT the injectors once your sure you have enough fuel coming from the pump..

The pump "looks like" its putting out fuel.. but that's not near the volume you need..
It looks like water?? Just MAKE SURE you have enough fuel FEEDING the injection pump..
Is it gravity fed or is there a lift pump before the injection pump??

Thanks for taking a look. The fuel is gravity fed. Since the bleed going into the injector pump has fuel I'm assuming it's getting plenty.

another thing.. pull the compression release when doing the diagnosis.. the engine will spin faster & wont effect the fuel delivery..
AND bust ALL the lines loose AT the injectors once your sure you have enough fuel coming from the pump..

Thanks, I'll do that and post an update.

/ Fuel dribbling at injector on Yanmar 3110D - bad injector pump? (video) #9  
You could unscrew the inlet bolt entirely & have a look inside IT & the inlet.. you'd be surprised at some of the things I'v seen make it thru those filters & get hung up in the b.Bolt..

I did the bleed and at the last step with all 3 lines disconnected from the injectors and cranking at full throttle decompression out I see #2 and #3 spurting jets of diesel and #1 is doing nothing. I disconnected #1 at the pump and leaned down and blew through it and could do so. What does that mean?