FT 35 engine locked?, no sudden noise...

/ FT 35 engine locked?, no sudden noise... #1  

henry18hn

Tractor
ford 3930
I have a Farmtrac 35, bought about 6 weeks ago. Always cranked up fast and easy, but did have slight thumping noise when I released the clutch, I thought it may just have a clutch issue. Havnt used it much at all due to work, mostly wet weather.
Sitting in driveway last Saturday I drained and installed new hyd oil and filter. Ran engine 5 min or so and it died, with no warning.... Click only from starter, . Removed started engine will not turn by hand at all. Pulled injectors, still will not budge.
Pulled oil pan today and found more metal than id like to have seen but not the worst I've ever seen. Pistons, piston walls, camshaft, etc., appear as I believe they should. Small amount of slack at con rod bearings. Having a hard time adding pictures...

/ FT 35 engine locked?, no sudden noise... #2  
It could be many things I guess. What about timing chain broken????

/ FT 35 engine locked?, no sudden noise...
Alternator and water pump spin freely, considering pulling hydraulic pump but I'm worried about causing myself un necessary grief, problems.

Timing chain appears fine....

Does anyone know if I should start loosening bearing caps? Again, im not real comfortable messing with the torque specs etc

Timing gears, not chain..

/ FT 35 engine locked?, no sudden noise... #7  
I had a engine that sheared all the bolts that held the flywheel to the crank shaft. That had me scratching my head for a while.

/ FT 35 engine locked?, no sudden noise... #8  
I`ve not worked on your type of engine, but, what about a key shearing in a timing wheel, or a cylinder valve dropped, although you say it was running and just stopped. That old engine that I had that sheared the flywheel bolts was running although there was a strange knocking sound and it just stopped.

I pulled the hydraulic pump, front of engine gear driven, moves freely....😩😵😤

/ FT 35 engine locked?, no sudden noise... #10  
I just did a 35 injection pump.
Google>> FarmTrac Injection pump<<
& I think the first result is a complete breakdown of the engine & ALL the parts along w/ the part #'s..
Good luck.