Front Tire Puncture Question

/ Front Tire Puncture Question #41  
I had gotten a nail in my front tire. Took it to Les Schwab who said no problem we can fix it. Got it back. Next day tire was flat again. Leaking out the same nail hole. Took outdoor silicone in a tube. Jabbed it in the nail hole and filled. Tire has been good for the last 4 years.

/ Front Tire Puncture Question #42  
I got a deer antler in a rear tire of one of my tractors. Too large for normal fix and feel secure about the fix so I booted the antler hole which should have been good enough to hold air, but then also tubed it to make sure. Common practice in this area to repair a puncture.

/ Front Tire Puncture Question
I'm happy with the process that was used - plugging first and now with the tube. All is working well and I've also enjoyed reading the posts/follow-ups here. Good knowledge for sure! Thanks!

/ Front Tire Puncture Question #44  
I have had so many flats with new tires and tubes on front of my Kubota L2800 that i am thinking of trying tire gard.Has anyone tried these liners?

/ Front Tire Puncture Question #45  
We run six tractors, all have tubes. Skidder has tubes, tree cutter has tubes. We love tubes.

/ Front Tire Puncture Question #46  
My neighbor put a gash in the front tire of his 95 hp 4wd Kubota (from an antler?). He got some magic sidewall repair goop from his Kubota dealer. 2 years later, still no leak. If you had told me you could seal a 3/8" gap in a sidewall, I wouldn't have believed it, but I saw it with my own eyes.

/ Front Tire Puncture Question
I'm sticking with tubes for everything. Even the tires on the Gorilla carts, etc.

/ Front Tire Puncture Question #48  
I like tubes but finding quality tubes these days is hit or miss.

We had a batch of imported tubes and everyone split at the seam... never had that with USA tubes...

Had my Kubota fronts foamed filled and zero issues the last 13 years.

/ Front Tire Puncture Question #49  
Thats what i am gonna do!!!Black Locust are killing my tubes

/ Front Tire Puncture Question #50  
I utterly detest foam filled tires. The loss of ride quality and the great loss of traction makes it a no go for me.
I do like some of the stop leak additives for some applications,
locust thorns or cactus thorns to me are the ideal applications.

Some are even applicable to filled tires;
MULTI SEAL Hydro 1500 Tire Sealant - Good Works Tractors

Then Gemplers has several including this one;
1690470780025.png

I used these one many years ago in West Texas on a little IH 300 utility because of the numerous Mesquite thorns.
It was a tubed tire and I used several gallons it was amazing what the tube and tire inside looked like when I finally broke it down, it was a complete pin cushion almost impossible to handle from all the thorns.