Free program to sketch scaled drawings on aerials

/ Free program to sketch scaled drawings on aerials #21  
That was true years ago. When I went to buy my 2018 Silverado, they said if I got a loan I would save $1000. While getting the loan he told me my credit rating was 834. My last loan was in 1999 and I didn't owe any money. I had 5 credit cards with open credit of $50k. I paid the truck off on the 2nd payment.
I am looking to get to a 0 credit score!
At that point, I will be happy!
David from jax

/ Free program to sketch scaled drawings on aerials #22  
Now that I don’t need credit I know what my credit score is. It shows up on my discover card bill. I had someone who seemed to know what he was talking about say having credit cards helps your credit score as long as you pay them off. I don’t know an exact number but if you totaled up the interst I’ve ever paid on credit cards I’d bet it’s less than $200.

/ Free program to sketch scaled drawings on aerials #23  
I have 5 credit cards and probably use each one every month, also pay off each one when the bill comes. I've read where a lot people on this forum do the same thing.

When you have a high available credit and don't carry a balance, you end up having good credit.

Having a good credit rating helps you get good rates on a loan if you need one and also helps with your auto insurance.

/ Free program to sketch scaled drawings on aerials #24  
We bought a car several years ago and paid cash with a check. I asked the salesman how you can just let us write a check and drive off in the car. He said we run your credit score and can tell your good for it.

/ Free program to sketch scaled drawings on aerials #25  
Only 'interest I (we) pay is on financed farm equipment and like I said previously, that is 100% a business deductible so I don't even ask what the rate is. The only 'other credit card I have is my Harbor Freight card and when I buy anything on that it's always big bucks so I get o percent interest and deferred payments which means so long as I pay their minimum balance (which I don't), HF eats the interest (which they do) because the card is issued by a third party issuer, in this case Synchrony bank. I don't particularly like them because all their 'agent' speak broken English and are most likely in India anyway. Years ago I had as my only credit card a Cabelas black card and the 'points' I always used to buy overpriced merchandise at Cabelas. It had an insane limit on it as well and I not only charged all my personal stuff on it, but all the machine shop expenses including a brand new Bridgeport mill all optioned out with DRO's a new Kurt machine vise and flood coolant, it was well in the excess of 15 grand delivered and I paid it off in one payment but I still got all the points anyway.

Back when Dick Cabela owned Foremost bank and the card was through them and their agents all spoke good English as well (they were located in Nebraska at their main store). Once Dick divested himself of the business, in about a month, he sold the Foremost bank and the card business to Capitol One and I immediately took the card, shredded it and canceled the account. I will not deal with the Yabba-Dabba's at Capitol One. Call me racist if you want but if a card issuer isn't domestic based, they can KMA and don't tell me it don't stink because I know it does...lol Harbor Freight and Synchrony bank also has Yabba-Dabba agents but I never call them anyway and I can take care of any issues at a local store and that gives me a chance to scope out the new tools and stuff anyway. So happens the local store manager is a gal and she likes me for what reason, I have no idea other than I'm teaching her how to TIG weld properly. Not my type at all. besides, I'm quite happily married and have been for 39 years. If I have any issues, she handles it for me.

My Kroger Mastercard is 100% domestic based, I get fantastic rewards on it, no fees and a huge credit limit as well and it gets paid in full, every billing cycle. Last month they sent me over 400 bucks in grocery vouchers plus we get very substantial discounts on gas which today is pretty important with the ever increasing cost of motor fuel and I won't get into who is causing that but I assume you already know and it's gonna get a lot worse before it ever gets better. Last time my wife filled her Suburban with it's large V8 guzzler, it was almost 90 bucks with a 70 cent per gallon fuel discount. Me, my buggy sips fuel and holds 11 gallons at dead empty with the fuel light on. I get 40 combined city and highway mileage so filling it never amounts to bankruptcy for me and I do use the gas discount when I fill up and I usually buy lawnmower gas at the same time. I keep both of them in tip top condition as well with new air filters yearly and oil changes every 5K mikes.

I have my diesel delivered and typically pay about 50 cents off road price for red dyed ULSD farm fuel, I buy enough to fill up my 500 gallon farm tank when I buy it.

Her car is a pig on gas and so are the zero turns, why I just bought a used but not abused Kubota front mount diesel lawnmower. I'm cheap when it comes to pizzing away money on fuel, especially.

I recommend the Kroger Mastercard to anyone with a Kroger or affiliated store nearby even if there are no gas stations owned by them. The card has by far, the best rewards on it and they are located right here in 'merica'. I get card offers constantly and all of them get either round filed or deleted off the computer. Not interested.

/ Free program to sketch scaled drawings on aerials #26  
I have 5 credit cards and probably use each one every month, also pay off each one when the bill comes. I've read where a lot people on this forum do the same thing.

When you have a high available credit and don't carry a balance, you end up having good credit.

Having a good credit rating helps you get good rates on a loan if you need one and also helps with your auto insurance.
Here in Michigan, nothing helps with auto insurance, it's stupid high and so is home insurance plus here in Michigan if your insurer wants to cancel you they will in a second and I have a good friend who that happened to and he was forced to buy high risk insurance for 5 years at a huge cost just because he pizzed off his carrier. I get around that by insuring everything including my 3 rentals (I carry loss payable insurance on the physical dwellings, my renters are totally responsible for their person stuff and cars. If they burn down, I get paid for the dwellings 100% and if they did, I'd not rebuild them anyway, the renters could go rent somewhere else, I'm really sick of all of them anyway. Good renters, I just don't like being a landlord. It sucks even when it good. If you insure as a working farm and you have to have the required paperwork and present it to the insurer and we are (we are incorporated here in Michigan as a farm enterprise, under Michigan Public act 59, they cannot cancel you no matter how many claims you have in a set period plus they cannot raise (or lower) your rates for any reason without a prior written notice 60 days in advance and the state actually oversees that carefully. One thing they actually do correctly and I find that amazing. Why there are a limited few insurers that will insure here in Michigan, unlike other states where ever insurer offers policies and why here, insurance is so expensive. If I told you how much it costs me to fully insure the farm plus 3 rentals plus all the equipment and out buggies, you'd faint. Suffice to say, we pay it quarterly and it's always over 2500 bucks a shot. Having said that If I have any loss that exceeds our deductible, I file a claim. IO don't cut them any slack, ever. Just had a 11 grand claim for a barn roof that got peeled in a windstorm and they paid that one in full because under Michigan RTF, that is considered an act of nature and there us no decuctible at all. Paid for the roof, all the labor and all the materials and I made sure all the estimates were from reputable and high buck contractors as well. They wanna play, I can play as well and I do.

/ Free program to sketch scaled drawings on aerials
Gonna view another property tomorrow (started new thread); but just to wrap this up; if we are serious, I'm gonna print 3 or 4, 11x17 aerials of this new property (with the Easements across it shown) and hand draw this time probably. Might also do another run with scribblemaps, just for 'fun'.

The credit/loans, all that; told wife, we look at this, and yes, we have a number in mind, significantly less than asking; but if that doesn't go through; I told her, we just stop looking till Oct/Nov, and focus on gathering cash and paying stuff off for next 6-8 months, and then get serious.

/ Free program to sketch scaled drawings on aerials
As a brief add to the sketching topic; I didn't realize the property appraiser GIS site included a rectangle and polygon tool. Its kinda not ideal; as when drawing a rectangle, you get the area, but then you need to place straight lines beside it to get length dimensions, or draw lines, then place the polygon inside the lines. The nice part with it is, you can have the base map as a 2023 aerial, and also have the wetlands, and easement layers on as well. You do have to be careful about the aerial basemap, because it can be shifted upto like 30-40 feet out of wack in certain areas.

/ Free program to sketch scaled drawings on aerials #29  
I'm gonna print 3 or 4, 11x17 aerials of this new property (with the Easements across it shown) and hand draw this time probably.
For low volume usage and non-critical usage this is the way to go.
When I worked analyzing aerial photo mosaics we made mosaics out of 9"x9" aerial photos usually to fit a 4'x8' sheet of plywood, stapled down.
We would be looking to trace rivers, soil deposits, urban areas etc.
We would then roll a layer or layers of drafting acetate over it and draw on it with Sharpies for the first few drafts.
Then for final quality product we would go to clear stable base drafting film with lines drawing using india ink. This was suitable for courtrooms etc.

/ Free program to sketch scaled drawings on aerials #30  
Hummph - I have one credit card -Excellent rating - my auto insurance is still sky high. And - I've been with the same company for 60+ years.