Forks, Bolt-On, Do they work ?

/ Forks, Bolt-On, Do they work ? #21  
I did a really quick look up on your Max28XL. At the pins you have 1400 lbs of lift. Unfortunately this is a common place and utterly useless for anything.
Just a while guess but I would think around 1100 lbs at the cutting edge (20” or so in front of your pins) of lifting. As you put weight further in front of this point (bolt-on forks begin a few inches further away from your pin point) your lifting capacity drops. My guess at the far end of 42” forks that 1100 lbs is now around 700 lbs or less. These numbers are not math worked numbers but educated calculations for consideration. As an retired engineer go for the actual math if you wish.
Bolt-on forks are a poor way of getting forks and as many have mentioned, they will work, but at potential damaging consequences.
I have a set that I built. My bucket is pin on. I built mine where the bottom goes past the rear of my bucket, and where I can attach a chain from each fork to hooks on my bucket or to the bottom portion of the forks. I later built a cross brace between the forks.
The clamp bolts move easily metal on metal with force applied especially trying to get under larger limbs—thus the cross brace. I also try to put a piece of old tire sidewall under the bolts when clamping.
Bottom line, I do not use them a lot, but I still consider every few months of converting my pin on bucket/loader to an SSQA system, and giving up 250 lbs or so of lifting capacity in my bucket between weight of the conversion and forward movement of my bucket. I have mot yet pulled that trigger, but still think about it often.

/ Forks, Bolt-On, Do they work ? #22  
Bottom line, I do not use them a lot, but I still consider every few months of converting my pin on bucket/loader to an SSQA system, and giving up 250 lbs or so of lifting capacity in my bucket between weight of the conversion and forward movement of my bucket. I have mot yet pulled that trigger, but still think about it often.

You will be glad you did.

/ Forks, Bolt-On, Do they work ? #23  
I have bolt on forks and a stabilizer. I bought the short forks, to keep me from twisting the bucket and use them for brush and moving large wood rounds when needed. Have also taken a few loaded pallets off of trucks of around 300-450 pounds with no issues. used them to move my outdoor bar into place.
Happy I got them, would love to get SSQA forks to get the extra lift and ease of swapping. Always have plenty on my shopping list, just need $ to match.

/ Forks, Bolt-On, Do they work ? #24  
I have the Titan clamp ons. And SSQA.

Reading horror stories prompted me to put a piranha tooth bar on to avoid bending the bottom lip on the bucket before ever using them.

Clamp on.
Yes they work.

They won’t stay straight unless you’re careful.
You can’t see over the bucket to shove them under something when seated most of the time.

They have to be manually installed and removed.(though not an issue now. As age/health creeps in we lose some of that ability)

They cost less. About 1/3 the price.

A dedicated fork setup
Weighs less allowing more load.

Easier to see to shove under things.

Easier to adjust for varying widths.

Cost 3x more roughly.

Easier to install and detach with SSQA.

Safer to keep stuff from rolling back over bucket in high lift situations.

I would “rather” have dedicated forks attachment with a thumb to hold stuff.
But the justification of that for my personal use isn’t there. Yet.
But if I ever find a set for 300-400 used someday, I’d be all over that deal!

/ Forks, Bolt-On, Do they work ? #25  
^^^DITTO!

/ Forks, Bolt-On, Do they work ? #26  
Hello,

I am thinking of getting set of the Bolt-On Forks to move, what I consider, a lot of dried Brush !

Do the Bolt-On Forks work well ?

Do they fall off ?

What do you think of moving Brush with these Forks ?

Thanks for your time,
Stay Safe,
I recently bought a set of debris forks. They are fantastic.
They are bolt on with HEAVY DUTY bolts.
They do not need stabilizer because the whole attachment is welded together.
They will plunge into a S*** pile of brush and pick up a lot without handloading.
They did not get loose or unstable!
Very pleased with product and performance

KYBOLT Clamp on Debris Forks to 48" Bucket, 2500 lbs Heavy Duty Clamp-on Pallet Forks​

1688395801541.png

/ Forks, Bolt-On, Do they work ? #27  
Do you really have these forks? I looked at an advertisement of theirs and it looks like someone photoshopped them into different pictures. The "rugged heavier bolt" appears to have about 1 thread engagement into a 12 ga piece of metal. See below:
Screenshot 2023-07-03 at 11-08-33 Amazon.com KYBOLT Clamp on Debris Forks to 48 Bucket 2500 lb...png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-03 at 11-18-21 Amazon.com KYBOLT Clamp on Debris Forks to 48 Bucket 2500 lb...png
    Screenshot 2023-07-03 at 11-18-21 Amazon.com KYBOLT Clamp on Debris Forks to 48 Bucket 2500 lb...png
    106.6 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
   / Forks, Bolt-On, Do they work ? #28  
Guys you may want to start a new post. You tagged on to this one that is almost 3 years old.

/ Forks, Bolt-On, Do they work ? #29  
Do you really have these forks? I looked at an advertisement of theirs and it looks like someone photoshopped them into different pictures. The "rugged heavier bolt" appears to have about 1 thread engagement into a 12 ga piece of metal. See below:View attachment 809199
Yes I do have the forks I showed. I recently shopped and then purchased. Maybe they have improved, I do not know. I do know that what I bought is very solid. I work equipment hard and put these to the test

/ Forks, Bolt-On, Do they work ? #30  
Those are definitely nicer than the standard clamp-on forks.