Traction ford 5000 transmission

/ ford 5000 transmission #1  

dragline

Tractor
ford 5000
Hi guys, I want to reduce the speed of my ford 5000 to 160 meters per hour. Is it possible? I have been informed that it is but nobody seems to know how. please could someone give me a clue.

/ ford 5000 transmission #2  
I'm not sure what you mean but I don't think you should change anything in the transmission all I ever see are oem replacement gears. Is your transmission synchronized or not Or do you have select-o-speed?

What are you doing pulling a tiller?

/ ford 5000 transmission #3  
Only way to acheive that would be reducers at the hub or planetary gears . Or you could run some lawnmower tires on the rear lol

/ ford 5000 transmission #4  
You haven't mentioned if you have a gear transmission or a Select-O-Speed as that will affect your options. Here is a link to the Ford/New Holland parts book for your tractor.

Official New Holland Online Parts Store and Online Parts Catalog for New Holland and Ford Tractors.

Pick transmissions and at the bottom are two kits. Browse through the options and figure out what transmission you have. Next start phoning tractor wreckers armed with part numbers. If you are lucky enough to find what you need then you have the joy of installing it.

Good Luck!