Ford 3000 Gas

/ Ford 3000 Gas #1  

Mikedes97

Tractor
John Deere 2755
I have a 75 model 3000. It will run for 45 minutes then loss all power. Will run but will not take any load. I have changed the coil, condenser, wires, plugs, rotor, distributor cap, carburetor and probably other things I jave forgot. Has anyone else had this issue?

/ Ford 3000 Gas #2  
Need to do some diagnosing of the problem, when it loses power check the color of the spark, if it is yellow the problem is ignition related. If pulling the choke out a little improves it then you have fuel issues. Which I am will to bet is the problem is ignition. If so hot wire the tractor, run a wire from the battery to the coil to see if the engine runs like it should. Since you have replaced everything my best guess is your ignition switch may be going bad or the coil you replaced may be bad even if it is new.

One other thing it could be is the resistor wire that feeds the coil. Hot wiring the tractor will eliminate the resistor in the circuit if it were to be the problem.

Sorry thing is so many replacement parts these days are bad out of the box.

/ Ford 3000 Gas
Tried pulling the choke, it just shuts it down faster. Hotwired the ignition with a wire from the battery to the coil and still no difference

/ Ford 3000 Gas #4  
How is your fuel flow when this happens? I am thinking that there may be crud in the tank around the tank strainer, or worse, the strainer is gone and the port in the valve is clogged.

/ Ford 3000 Gas #5  
I have an old pickup that does that. If I blow air back into the tank It blows the crud out of the strainer. I'm good until it finds its way back. You could try blowing air through the fuel line into the tank and see if it runs any better or longer.

/ Ford 3000 Gas
How is your fuel flow when this happens? I am thinking that there may be crud in the tank around the tank strainer, or worse, the strainer is gone and the port in the valve is clogged.
Fuel flows freely, no restrictions indicated

/ Ford 3000 Gas
I have an old pickup that does that. If I blow air back into the tank It blows the crud out of the strainer. I'm good until it finds its way back. You could try blowing air through the fuel line into the tank and see if it runs any better or
I blew air back into it a couple of times. Absolutely no change

/ Ford 3000 Gas #8  
Tried pulling the choke, it just shuts it down faster. Hotwired the ignition with a wire from the battery to the coil and still no difference

Did you look at the spark to see what color it was?

/ Ford 3000 Gas
Did you look at the spark to see what color it was?
I'm getting a strong orange spark from the coil wire all the way to the plugs. That's with a new coil, condenser, points, plugs and wires

/ Ford 3000 Gas #10  
Sounds like fuel delivery still. I know I'm asking similar question again, but you have good flow out of the carburetor drain? Filter bowl is good/clean? Nothing in carb inlet (screen if it has one)?