Ford 1210 Hydraulic Leak Down

/ Ford 1210 Hydraulic Leak Down #21  
It has loader / bucket and a adapter plate between the relief valve and control valve plate/ housing , no aftermarket market hydraulics only 770 loader .

/ Ford 1210 Hydraulic Leak Down #22  
How do you adjust the link in the picture that you sent thanks?

/ Ford 1210 Hydraulic Leak Down #23  
Pic of adapter 20200303_114306.jpeg20200623_102903.jpeg

/ Ford 1210 Hydraulic Leak Down #24  
Yes thats what I was saying I have adjusted the link , and when you adjust it should it read 2000 psi , the adjustment is confusing it said after adjusting you turn the link 1 more time then connect it and when I do that I have 500 psi, I have seen these pics before and my adjustment is very similar to the pics.

I never had NH shop manual for 1700 but do have an IT shop manual. it does reference adjustment very vaguely. I have tested it to understand it's function. Pressure adjustment is solely done at the relief devices some by adding /subtracting shims of certain thickness and in case of 1700 there an adjustment bolt. After removing the cover you are able to adjust it in (more pressure ) or out (less pressure) all the while you are watching pressure gaugewhile the tractor is at rated RPM. That linkage is the feed back arm to activate or bring the spool valve to neutral position at different height of 3 point so you would not dead head the pump. I did not make a change to that adjustment since at the lowest point of the lift arm the piston would not hit the head. same as when the piston reaches TDC , you don't want the piston hit the valve or any portion of valve cover. I have the same feed back mechanism for my Kubota and do have factory shop manual on that. Out of curiosity I will take a look at it. Did you try to adjust the pressure with the linkage removed or not. Adjustment to the linkage is done by removing the cutter pin, loosening the jam nut , increase or decrease travel and then tightening it with the jam nut and putting the link together.

/ Ford 1210 Hydraulic Leak Down #25  
Yes I adjusted the relief psi with the link disconnected and when doing so I adjusted it to 2000psi, then put the link back on and adjusted it and when I do that should it be at 2000 psi ?

/ Ford 1210 Hydraulic Leak Down #26  
Also when its hot I have taken the link off and there is no psi like them pump is inop, would the pump be cavitating? This is another reason why I was leaning on thicker fluid , when this fluid was original it was thick and had fine shavings and hydraulics worked better.

/ Ford 1210 Hydraulic Leak Down #27  
Yes I adjusted the relief psi with the link disconnected and when doing so I adjusted it to 2000psi, then put the link back on and adjusted it and when I do that should it be at 2000 psi ?

yes. The linkage is only to start the dump circuit (neutral) on your spool valve. The external arm where it pivots is connected to lift spool valve. Like I said before, pressure hads nothing to do with the link. Withe the link attached still it should read about 2000 PSI.

PS. I did verify with my Kubota's shop manual and the adjustment for the rod is you loosen it till the relief start squealing like a pig and then you back it out 1 full turn. On my kubota it is designed better and i do not need to separate the link and can adjust up or down as necessary but does have jam nut keep it from loosening.

I recommend , readjusting it with the link on and not separated. try and report back.

/ Ford 1210 Hydraulic Leak Down #28  
Also when its hot I have taken the link off and there is no psi like them pump is inop, would the pump be cavitating? This is another reason why I was leaning on thicker fluid , when this fluid was original it was thick and had fine shavings and hydraulics worked better.

With thicker it has more chance of cavitation. An automotive stereoscope can be used to listen to the gear and flow of the pump while working. If the pump is tired then , yes thicker oil pumps better but you indicated you have new pump. It does get cold in Texas in winter so straight 90 weight oil is very much questionable. As you might know transmission oil and hydraulic oil is the very same oil and has one common reservoir (diffy).

I still suggest adjusting the pressure up with he link attached and see what happens. adjust it up till it squeals and then back it out a whole turn.

/ Ford 1210 Hydraulic Leak Down #29  
I will try to adjust he psi with the link on, the adjustment procedure said to remove link for adjusting .Image%20(1).jpegImage%20(2).jpeg

/ Ford 1210 Hydraulic Leak Down #30  
Question, on the position control valve #9 it says relief valve should not operate with lift arm full up , so there should be no psi on the gauge when this is being performed, if there is an implement attached will have psi or psi either way ?