Folks not tying down their trash!!!!

/ Folks not tying down their trash!!!! #1  

WVH1977

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey 2860M Cab, New Holland TC40, Hitachi EX100, Gravely Pro-Turn 152
So, I don't like to complain too much about things, but there is one thing that really gets me MAD. My road has a trash station/refuse on it. People come flying down the road with trash bags and junk not strapped down and drop off full bags of trash, half sofas, tires, etc. and don't stop to pick it. These folks should be fined 2500 dollars and have to serve a minimum 30 days in jail for first offense. I am sorry but if you are not mature enough to take care of you trash and respect the roads and peoples property then you should not have to access to the trash site or better yet a drivers license!!!!

/ Folks not tying down their trash!!!! #2  
Agree on some people being slobs but can also see a problem in this area of having minimum fee of around $100 to take anything to the land fill so to dispose of your old recliner is $100 or dump on side of the road. I suspect that fee leads to more dumping of trash.

/ Folks not tying down their trash!!!! #3  
So, I don't like to complain too much about things, but there is one thing that really gets me MAD. My road has a trash station/refuse on it. People come flying down the road with trash bags and junk not strapped down and drop off full bags of trash, half sofas, tires, etc. and don't stop to pick it. These folks should be fined 2500 dollars and have to serve a minimum 30 days in jail for first offense. I am sorry but if you are not mature enough to take care of you trash and respect the roads and peoples property then you should not have to access to the trash site or better yet a drivers license!!!!
In WA we have a law that requires loads to be secured. When taking refuse to the dump or transfer station the workers there are required to fine anybody bringing in loads that are not secured properly. Since this law passed I see less trash on the road.
Eric

/ Folks not tying down their trash!!!! #4  
County roads around here are unofficial beer can recycling centers, finish one throw it out the window....

/ Folks not tying down their trash!!!! #5  
As I was walking to town one day I seen a dead deer laying on a blue tarp.
So I called the town cop and asked him if he thought it was odd that a deer would lay down on a blue tarp and die in a road ditch.

He laughed and said he knows who had possession of it yesterday.

The next day, it was gone. I never found out what it cost someone to do that.

/ Folks not tying down their trash!!!! #6  
County roads around here are unofficial beer can recycling centers, finish one throw it out the window....
My property has a county road on one side and a state highway at the front. Of course, the county road has a stop sign so it becomes a convenient dumping area while folks are stopped. What paper that doesn't get stopped by my fence, gets blown down the highway. The state does a pretty good job keeping the front mowed but they don't pick up trash. It usually gets shredded then blows across my field if I don't go out and pick it up. I can easily fill two large trash bags every other week. :mad:

It wouldn't be too bad if it was beer cans. I can get cash for those. We still have long-necks down here and nobody takes those. :cautious:

/ Folks not tying down their trash!!!! #7  
Agree but instead of, or in addition to, 8 hours/day walking the roads picking up trash.

/ Folks not tying down their trash!!!! #9  
I agree...some of our country roads come across refrigerators bags rubbish mostly tires :mad: very seldom caught and fines are laughable. 🙄

/ Folks not tying down their trash!!!! #10  
Same here but with on exception. I take a large bag with me when I walk the pup and pick them up. Here, every one is worth a 10 cent deposit. I usually net 5 bucks a walk.

Better add that only non carbonated beverages don't have a deposit. Long necks (whatever that is) are included in the deposit.