Folks not tying down their trash!!!!

/ Folks not tying down their trash!!!! #21  
ONLY TRASH LITTERS!!

We live on the border of Tennessee and Georgia. On the TN side we have free use of a county refuse center on the GA side they need to drive 20 minutes and pay to dump their trash. Needless to say to say there is lots of trash in the ditches. Their favorite place to dump is near a bridge over the creek my property lies on. We do trash clean ups around there 3 times a year.

Trash is one of the things I like least about the south. There are just more ignorant people in the south without any concern for nature. People who use roadways, creeks and forests as a trashcan just burn me up!

/ Folks not tying down their trash!!!! #22  
Me too but no much better up in the northeast judging by the places I've been.

/ Folks not tying down their trash!!!! #23  
We just back from our dumpster site 3 miles away. I just drive 30 mph max on a back road getting there, nothing blows off.
There are four different people who work there. Basically they just push the compactor button. It all goes in the landfill.
One of the three is an ahole, and it's pot luck who's there. Today along with trash I had a tree stump and roots to dump and my luck I got the ahole. I had just heaved stump & roots in when he comes hobbling over..."hey! "HEY! Yard trash needs to be bagged!"
I'm thinking what tha' as I dump other trash in. "You want me to go buy some big bags and pull them back out?" "Nah I'll let it go THIS time" he says giving me the stink eye.
Whoever heard of bagging a tree stump?

/ Folks not tying down their trash!!!! #24  
You mistake me, the dogs listen fine and I could walk them on leash on the road. However once I take them somewhere it becomes part of their protective bubble and no threats are allowed and they will remove the danger. Loud exhaust is considered danger. Besides walking along the dirt road in not nearly as much fun for them as running a few miles through the woods.

My front yard
View attachment 789136
Nice view.

/ Folks not tying down their trash!!!! #25  
All.told, I have lived about half of my life in North and half in South. This problem is not regional. It happens everywhere.

/ Folks not tying down their trash!!!! #26  
Our County dump just won't allow you to dump at the facility if the load is not covered or secured. I would start there if we had a similar problem as the op.
Most of our trash issues (very little) occurs from trash and recycling pickup contractors being sloppy, or a windy day creating trash havoc. What little there may be seems to all end up in our small stream.

/ Folks not tying down their trash!!!! #27  
I was in Texas 3 weeks ago. Dallas and Austin.
Amazed by how clean you folks keep your state.
Roads in between had very little roadside trash.
Even downtown in Dallas was clean compared to Northeastern cities.
Austin was a model of how clean a city should be.

A shining example of American pride!

/ Folks not tying down their trash!!!! #28  
All.told, I have lived about half of my life in North and half in South. This problem is not regional. It happens everywhere.
I will have to disagree with you on that one! I too have lived and travelled all over the US of A. While I am sure there are places everywhere that might get a little trashy from time to time. The depth and breadth of trash in the south is just worse. From your roadside ditches, to pristine mountain trout streams you see the trash. It is sad.
KIMG0092.JPG

/ Folks not tying down their trash!!!! #29  
^^^^^ that looks like the old haul road near me. A travesty......
I will say we have no government trash service you have to contract private or haul to a landfill an hour away.

/ Folks not tying down their trash!!!! #30  
I am just saddened by the number of alcoholic beverage containers I find at the end of my driveway and along the road. Then there are the meal choices to deal with.

I just don't get it, how some people think it is OK to go and throw.