Oil & Fuel Fluid Questions for Central NY State

/ Fluid Questions for Central NY State #1  

Teeny Greeny

Tractor
2021 JD 2025R
Hello, I appreciate the add to this group. Can someone share what the best Oil weight would be for upstate NY in the Cold Country? I just bought a Yanmar 276D and want to change the fluids before I use it. With colder days arriving soon I want to use a Fall/Winter weight Oil. Also I would like to know what most use for Hydraulic Fluid/Transmission Fluid. Lastly, what Filters should I use? Can someone provide part numbers? I will log them in my files. Thank you!

/ Fluid Questions for Central NY State #2  
Calls for 15w40 diesel oil. If you want to use a lighter weight for winter it should be fine. just make sure it's diesel rated.
JD 303 is the spec. for hyd oil. you can buy the off brand that meets jd 303. tractor supply brand, etc,.
I used transmission fluid in mine
Sorry, can't help with filters. I had a 3110D. don't know if the same filters would fit your tractor

/ Fluid Questions for Central NY State
Thank you. I appreciate the reply. I have the Operation Manual but not a Service Manual. I didn't understand the Oil break down for the temperature change. I did see the referene for Transmission/Hydraulic Oils with JD 303 (J14B). It looks like the engine oil calls for SAE 20 but no multi-viscosity above 32f. I'm not sure I understood that correctly.

/ Fluid Questions for Central NY State #4  
well, Oil has changed a great deal since those tractors were built. So I think you would be better off using a multi grade oil for colder temps than a single wt oil.
Perhaps 5w40 synthetic diesel rated oil, or similar

Thank you for the reply. I did switch to synthetic blend for my older vehicle but that is a gasoline engine. I wasn't sure how that would work out for a deisel engine.

/ Fluid Questions for Central NY State #6  
Oil - the manual is 30 years outdated. Ask a farmer what Diesel-rated viscosity you need to get it to crank in your cold climate. If you can get it started then any multi-grade Diesel oil should be fine.

The manual says use JD 303 equivalent Universal Transmission Fluid. An obsolete spec. What's sold under that description today is the lowest-spec, non multigrade fluid. J20C is the Deere multigrade UTF spec that superceded 303. That, or better, is my advice. ATF is another good choice. These Powershift models should get better fluid than the minimum-spec stuff that is fine for a manual transmission.

I get my fluids from Tractor Supply, inexpensive and I think sufficient.

/ Fluid Questions for Central NY State #7  
Thank you for the reply. I did switch to synthetic blend for my older vehicle but that is a gasoline engine. I wasn't sure how that would work out for a deisel engine.

if you want to use synthetic blend for your diesel, that is fine. just make sure it's for diesel.
I use 100% synthetic in both my diesels, but a blend should be fine if that is what you choose to use.

As I stated, When I owned my 3110, I used transmission fluid instead of hyd fluid.

your front gear case most likely calls for 90 wt. You'll be hard pressed to find straight 90 wt these days

/ Fluid Questions for Central NY State #8  
Welcome to the forum. :welcome: Sent you a pm.

Thank you for the reply. Tractor Supply just happened to open a new store very close by. While looking for the correct filters for a 276D it seems they want the year. I'm not sure of the year as I don't know where to find that information. Did the filters vary during production or are they the same for all 276D's? Thank you again...