Float for curl function

/ Float for curl function #1  

94BULLITT

Tractor
yes
Would it be possible to add float to the curl function?

/ Float for curl function #2  
Sure, but you might have to start over with something like a Prince SV (stacked valve) and order all (or at least two) sections with float - don't recall for sure, but I think you can get a joystick for those valves that'll give you standard 1-lever loader functions, only the extra float spool would give you want you want for curl float.

What diabolically clever idea are you ruminating on for curl/float that I might wanna steal (er, "engineer") :D Steve

OTOH, you may be able to just get the extra parts for your existing valve, assuming the only diff is the lack of the added float hardware...

/ Float for curl function #3  
I am curious also.

Why would you want your bucket to float, it will just tilt down, flopping around.

Yes, you can just add float to your bucket with this external float valve.

Surplus Center - 20 GPM 1/2" NPT FLOAT VALVE PRINCE SS-2B1D

You may have regen on your current loader valve, and I believe that is built into the spool, so I am not sure if you can use float and regen on the same spool. Never heard of anyone doing this before.

/ Float for curl function #4  
If your curl has float and while going forward, the bucket lip could catch on something and before you know it, the bucket will go all the way to dump position and put lots of stress on the curl piston and seals. :eek:

/ Float for curl function
I was thinking about using with my snow blade. It is heavy that with the weight of it and the loader riding on the skid shoes it makes a mess in the gravel. The tractor also plows better with the weight of the loader on the tractor. When I use float on the loader the front gets light at times.

I think I had looked at that valve you posted JJ. Is there anything like that is electrically actuated? I have a cab and I am not sure how that would work. The curl function does have a regen.

Sent from my Samsung SPH-L710 using TractorByNet

/ Float for curl function #6  
I still do not understand what bucket float will do for you.

You could probably make the bucket float, but it would be tilting anywhere it wanted, and I believe would cause you many problems.

/ Float for curl function #7  
I was thinking about using with my snow blade. It is heavy that with the weight of it and the loader riding on the skid shoes it makes a mess in the gravel. The tractor also plows better with the weight of the loader on the tractor. When I use float on the loader the front gets light at times.
How is it mounted? Is there any way to incorporate a mechanical float with slots where there are holes, or replace a link with a chain?

I made this adapter to use a 3 point cedar tree shear on a SSQA. It can move in all directions to match the contour of the ground no matter what angle the V417 is on. The toplink is a chain.
Cedar Tree Cutter 1-7-2011.JPG Cedar Tree Cutter (0).JPG Cedar Tree Cutter (3).JPG Cedar Tree Cutter (4).JPG

I still do not understand what bucket float will do for you.

You could probably make the bucket float, but it would be tilting anywhere it wanted, and I believe would cause you many problems.

I have a 750lb blade and the loader weighs 1300lbs. I probably have 1600-1700lbs riding on 6'' skid shoes. It is not uncommon for use to get a snow and the ground not be frozen. With all the weight the blade sinks down through the gravel. With the loader in float there is not much weight on the front axle so I am not getting full advantage of 4WD. I had another thread asking how to plow on gravel but I think the answer is keep the weight of the loader on the front axle.

How is it mounted? Is there any way to incorporate a mechanical float with slots where there are holes, or replace a link with a chain?

I made this adapter to use a 3 point cedar tree shear on a SSQA. It can move in all directions to match the contour of the ground no matter what angle the V417 is on. The toplink is a chain.
View attachment 332797 View attachment 332798 View attachment 332799 View attachment 332800

I think it would require a complete remodel to modify the blade. It is to expensive to cut up. I am probably going to sell it and convert a truck plow.

/ Float for curl function #9  
Roger, before you spend money or do something that costs you money, how about just trying what you want to do by swapping the curl hoses with the lift hoses so that you swap loader valve functions? :confused3: Should take all of about 40-60 seconds and costs nothing. ;)

Roger, before you spend money or do something that costs you money, how about just trying what you want to do by swapping the curl hoses with the lift hoses so that you swap loader valve functions? :confused3: Should take all of about 40-60 seconds and costs nothing. ;)

I tried it a little in a snow storm. It seemed to work fine but I had to put the loader in regen to lower the loader:confused3: It is not usable that way. It comes down really rough and fast.