Flattening mole tunnels

/ Flattening mole tunnels #1  

jmc

Elite Member
Tractor
Ford 1920 4x4 (traded in on Kubota). Case 480F TLB w/4 in 1 bucket, 4x4. Gehl CTL60 tracked loader, Kubota L4330 GST
i no longer have a mower suitable to pull my lawn roller. Anybody ever float their loader bucket and drag the yard? Did you have to add weight to the bucket?

/ Flattening mole tunnels #2  
No I never have nor would I ever try that on a finished lawn imo. I have had some luck reducing mole tunnels by running a spike aerator not the plug type, which supposedly kills grubs, which moles eat. Good luck

/ Flattening mole tunnels #3  
I just run the mower or tractor tire along the length of the tunnel.

• Good Post
Reactions: JJT
   / Flattening mole tunnels #4  
i no longer have a mower suitable to pull my lawn roller. Anybody ever float their loader bucket and drag the yard? Did you have to add weight to the bucket?
I wouldn't do that. I think it would damage the grass. If you have a loader bucket, I'm guessing you have a tractor. Why can't you pull your lawn roller with that?

/ Flattening mole tunnels #5  
Try loaded in float.

/ Flattening mole tunnels #6  
I wouldn't do that. I think it would damage the grass. If you have a loader bucket, I'm guessing you have a tractor. Why can't you pull your lawn roller with that?
I was thinking this also. If you have a tractor with an FEL, it should pull your roller.

/ Flattening mole tunnels #7  
I just shear them off

20200401_152545.jpg

/ Flattening mole tunnels #9  
I’ve taken my 1500lb ZTR and rolled over them. Of course, after I trapped the bastards. This place used to be riddled with tunnels, Ive trapped about 15 on our 2 acre lawn in the past three years. All of a sudden they are very rare 😂

/ Flattening mole tunnels #10  
I’ve taken my 1500lb ZTR and rolled over them. Of course, after I trapped the bastards. This place used to be riddled with tunnels, Ive trapped about 15 on our 2 acre lawn in the past three years. All of a sudden they are very rare 😂
Amateur!

🤣

One year we had moles pop our above ground pool liner. This was in August. I got mad and decided to start trapping them. I got 29 that fall. The following spring I started trapping as soon as I saw activity. I stopped counting at 50 each year for the next 6 years. So that's over 329 in 6.5 years, in 1 acre. Sheesh. Finally, they started to dwindle, and I only get a few each year. Haven't had to trap them for a couple years now. It was just insane.