Flail Mower Recommendations

/ Flail Mower Recommendations
So far, I've reached out to Titan, Betstco, Woodmaxx, and Nova. Titan probably has the best response upfront followed by Betstco while Betstco has the best chance of having repair parts on hand. Woodmaxx responded with my questions with a link to their website, which didn't have the information I was asking about. I did get a product recommendation from Nova but had follow-up questions. I haven't heard back yet but will update based off their response.

I'm a firm believer in how you're treated before the sale will indicate how you're treated after the sale.

I think the Nova is out of the question. To get to where it can handle the same size material would cost a bit more.

I should specify this is primarily going to be on a John Deere 5400 but may get some time behind the 5420 or, without the hydraulics, the WD45 Diesel.

/ Flail Mower Recommendations #13  
Have Caroni (Italian made) brand flails fallen out of favor? I have a 12 year old 73” model that I’m fond of, Y blades without side shift. Downside is Agri Supply is the only US distributor I know of. Get my blades from Flailmaster for 1/4 the cost of Agri Supply.

Have Caroni (Italian made) brand flails fallen out of favor? I have a 12 year old 73” model that I’m fond of, Y blades without side shift. Downside is Agri Supply is the only US distributor I know of. Get my blades from Flailmaster for 1/4 the cost of Agri Supply.
Best I can tell, Agri Supply is out and doesn't sell the hydraulic side shift.

/ Flail Mower Recommendations #16  
Personally Betstco and Woodmaxx will be your best choice for parts.

I went with Woodmaxx because if I got in a true bind, I could load it onto my trailer and take it over to their facility and they can repair it at my cost.

/ Flail Mower Recommendations #17  
I’ve got the Titan 86” offset flail mower. Parts can be an issue as everything is coming from China, but customer service has been superb. At the time I bought it a few years ago the mower cost 1/6th what my 15’ Bush Hog cost, chopped just as easily thru heavy brush and saplings as the batwing and did so with a much nicer cut. Of course I’m waiting months now for replacement hammers, so there’s that.

Attachments

• AGF220 Verge Flail Mower.jpg
    AGF220 Verge Flail Mower.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 78
   / Flail Mower Recommendations #18  
Check out these folks. I have a non shift flail made in Italy been good and was reasonable

/ Flail Mower Recommendations #19  
After researching my options, much like you,
I purchased a Titan FL165. Really liked Woodmaxx but they were constantly out of stock.Titan is somewhat local and I picked it up and saved some shipping cost.
My field hasn't been mowed this year. No brush but heavy hay and thick clover. Tried it out last evening and was not impressed. It has the hammer blades and cut is not good. I will play with it more today and see if I can get it set right maybe install the y blades that were included.
The clover was thick enough to bog my L 3800 hst unless I was just crawling. Maybe I expect too much after all my research. It worked really well in places that the clover was not so thick and had been mowed earlier in the season.

Check out these folks. I have a non shift flail made in Italy been good and was reasonable
I've reached out but haven't heard back from them.