Fix'n to get a Tiller

/ Fix'n to get a Tiller #14  
I have a 60" King Kutter II tiller. Love it. Tills through CT's rocky soil without issues. Never broken a tine. Mine has been bulletproof. Makes gardening so easy. Would highly recommend.

/ Fix'n to get a Tiller #15  
3 ph tillers are very useful.
I've used my tiller (6" KK II) for more than just tilling the garden.
When we built our house I used the tiller to till the topsoil loose to build a driveway, makes the topsoil really nice and easy to work with to load out to prepare for rock. (Recently built a driveway to my son's house using the tiller, works great for that)

Our yard when we moved here was so rough it beat the hell out of you mowing. Set the tiller an inch or 2 deep and tilled the entire yard, then hit it with a lawn roller, made a big difference in smoothing out our bumpy lawn.

/ Fix'n to get a Tiller
I've used my tiller (6" KK II) for more than just tilling the garden.
When we built our house I used the tiller to till the topsoil loose to build a driveway, makes the topsoil really nice and easy to work with to load out to prepare for rock. (Recently built a driveway to my son's house using the tiller, works great for that)

Our yard when we moved here was so rough it beat the hell out of you mowing. Set the tiller an inch or 2 deep and tilled the entire yard, then hit it with a lawn roller, made a big difference in smoothing out our bumpy lawn.

This is the same as I have. I have 4 acres of lawn that needs smoothing. I have 45 more acres that were disked and never smoothed. I can only mow in one direction without getting beat.

/ Fix'n to get a Tiller #17  
Used 3pt. tillers are hard to find and almost as expensive as new. I bought a King Kutter and it has been great. There are a ton of YouTube videos of King Kutters- check them out.

/ Fix'n to get a Tiller #18  
I've got a Woods tiller. It seems to do a good job. I've had it for over 20 years with no problems. They used to be pretty common and I would think you would have some Woods dealers in your area.

/ Fix'n to get a Tiller #19  
3 ph tillers are very useful.
Could have fooled me. Useful for what? Sucking down expensive diesel fuel and agitating the ground as in deep tilling? Why do you think smart farmers went from moldboard (deep tillage) to no till crops? Simple answer. Deep tillage (and that is exactly what a rototiller is), is wastefull both in fuel and nutrient retention.

backhoes (tractor mounted) and number one, rotary tillers are number 2. Most useless (and expensive) to buy and maintain implements.

/ Fix'n to get a Tiller #20  
Interesting. Around here, on small to medium sized farms, the fields are plowed and then tilled on top of that.

A rototiller is the most used implement along with the brush mower and the carry all box. Greenhouses, orchards and vineyards are tilled all the time.

The crops are trees still grow great and I'm sure if didn't work, they wouldn't have been using that method.