Fix'n to get a Tiller

/ Fix'n to get a Tiller #41  
Could have fooled me. Useful for what? Sucking down expensive diesel fuel and agitating the ground as in deep tilling? Why do you think smart farmers went from moldboard (deep tillage) to no till crops? Simple answer. Deep tillage (and that is exactly what a rototiller is), is wastefull both in fuel and nutrient retention.

backhoes (tractor mounted) and number one, rotary tillers are number 2. Most useless (and expensive) to buy and maintain implements.
That's your opinion, but you know what they say about opinions. I have a cheap Tractor Supply tiller that I used a lot to loosen soil to make leveling out the ground easier. My neighbor has a backhoe on his little Kubota that he uses often for different projects.

Just because you have no use for one doesn't make it useless for everyone.

Last edited:
   / Fix'n to get a Tiller #42  
I have the same tiller- Titan Implement- Very well built and have it on my 35 hp Kioti. Mine does have a sticker on it that says “made in India” FYI but no problems at all with it. It’s a beast!
Mine has a USA flag sticker and ASS-umed made in USA. Upon further investigations looks like a company in India called TIRTH AGRO TECHNOLOGY PVT. LTD is likely the company that builds them. At least that's who backs up the warranty.

/ Fix'n to get a Tiller #43  
I’ve owned a 72” King Kutter II for about a decade now. I use it mostly spring and fall for gardening. It’s a one and done type implement for my vegetable garden and sweet corn patch. It makes a real pretty seed bed. I’ve also used it for lightly tilling areas of grass that need to be reseeded.

I’ve kicked up some decent sized rocks with it doing new areas. They make a racket and the tiler will buck, but it’s always taken the beating so far.

I’ve had to replace the friction disks in the slip clutch once after tilling too close to trees for one of my neighbors though. Once the disks slip enough to get warm you have let them cool off for a bit before getting back into the roots. If you just clear the mess and dive back in the disks will start to smoke and you’re done.

/ Fix'n to get a Tiller #44  
That's your opinion, but you know what they say about opinions. I have a cheap Tractor Supply tiller that I used a lot to loosen soil to make leveling out the ground easier. My neighbor has a backhoe on his little Kubota that he uses often for different projects.

Just because you have no use for one doesn't make it useless for everyone.
Never said it did. Far as opinions go, far as I can tell, this forum is all about opinions.

/ Fix'n to get a Tiller #45  
Never said it did. Far as opinions go, far as I can tell, this forum is all about opinions.
And you think the only opinion that makes sense on this site is yours.Some folks that visit this website get tired of your senseless blather me included..:poop:

/ Fix'n to get a Tiller #46  
Looking at adding a tiller to the yard.
Currently i'm running a 3 turning plow and disking. I'm thinking a Tiller will speed up the process and get me the results I'm looking for.
I've searched the threads and found too many to read through. I'm thinking a 72" or 84" . King Kutter II is local and rated pretty good. Whats Y'all got?
Got a wannabe tractor with the 48” XB tiller. Works as well as hoped for with zero issues

/ Fix'n to get a Tiller #47  
I have a lot of attachments, including a king kutter tiller and a backhoe. I use the backhoe about 3 to 4 days a month. Worth it to me and it does a great job for ME. My son has used my tiller more than me. Over 20 years old and never any problems. It does the job it is made for. I think that it is a heavy model. I break my hard pan with a subsoiler. Different attachments for different needs and opinions. Thinking about a break plow, but may borrow one to try. There are some areas, I don't think a tiller would work, but some that it would.

/ Fix'n to get a Tiller #49  
I've owned a Country-line 5' tiller from TSC for several years now and have had no issues with seals or seeps (yet).

I had to replace all the tines once as I used it in our hard packed clay when it was far to dry to be tilling. I knew the conditions but had a project that needed to get done.

Of course, I didn't think of using my subsoiler to loosen the ground up first. Now that I read about I say; "Duh, should've done that first!" Live and learn. Like others have said, I use my tiller for many things other than simply a garden, which is what I originally bought it for.