FINALLY, my Inverted snowblower arrived.

/ FINALLY, my Inverted snowblower arrived. #1  

TractorTYMe

Veteran Member
Tractor
TYM T474 HST
In these Covid 19 times, I finally managed to receive my MK Martin SB68 P/T inverted snowblower. I got a hydraulic chute rotation kit, deflector will maybe come later if I see the need?

118428437_10157505540175983_5665383209132188417_n.jpg118585900_10157506871685983_3842840136050300113_n.jpg

Last edited:
   / FINALLY, my Inverted snowblower arrived. #2  
Glad to see you have your snow blower. Please be sure to use Fluid Film liberally on the male spline of the gearbox and the female mating half of the power take off shaft AND in the ball sleeve lock.

Last edited:
   / FINALLY, my Inverted snowblower arrived. #3  
When mounting the PTO shaft to the fan, you can't have the bolts in the knuckle when you slide it in. Don't ask me how I know.

/ FINALLY, my Inverted snowblower arrived. #4  
I always found that motorcycle chain lube worked best for the two roller chains on my blower. Sprays out like WD40 - dries to a semi-hard wax.

The manufacturer recommended motor oil or 80-90 gear lube. What a mess that became.

/ FINALLY, my Inverted snowblower arrived.
I have two motorcycles, chances are great that I have some nice lube.:laughing:

Last edited:
   / FINALLY, my Inverted snowblower arrived. #6  
Another sign of getting ready for winter. :thumbsup:

/ FINALLY, my Inverted snowblower arrived. #7  

I started early this year!
By early June I had replaced all my blower bearings, straightened 2 blower fan blades, assembled ready to go.
Also replaced the steel cable that rotated my DIY chute rotator and verified the ATV winch rotator operation.
So all ready real early this year! (for a change)
Also weld repaired a few weak things.

Can't complain however as that ($400) blower has not let me down in the 18 years or so that I have owned it.
It was kind of due for some TLC.

/ FINALLY, my Inverted snowblower arrived.
I sprayed it down with ACF 50, which is a good anti corrosion prevention agent from the aerospace industry. It had some rust on bolts and chains from sitting out since 2019 at distributor. it had some finish scratches and such too, but they knocked off $150. ACF 50 is known in the motorcycle circuits as an excellent rust inhibitor.
s-l1000.jpg

/ FINALLY, my Inverted snowblower arrived. #9  

No "getting ready for Winter" here yet.
My big decision: With Covid!
Should I fly, or rent a car (I hate the drive, and already have a car there)?