Tractor News Finally bought a tractor.

/ Finally bought a tractor. #1  

Gasifier

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 310J, Kubota L4310
Well I finally bought a tractor. Wife not happy. Hardly ever is. What are ya goin to do? Anywho, it is a 2001 Kubota 3710HST with industrial tires, a kubota loader with 66" bucket, and a frame mounted backhoe with a 16" hoe bucket w/thumb. I have had enough time to move a few things around in the garage, do a little cleaning and get it in there out of the weather. Now I have to work 10 hour days the next four days so I won't have time to use it until next Tuesday or Wednseday. :( Oh well. I am happy. I have been searching, comparing, contrasting, etc. etc. for many months. Very glad that is over. It is in nice shape. Can't wait to put it to work. Any advice, experiences, etc. from anyone would be appreciated. :thumbsup: Any L3710 owners advice would really be appreciated! :D And any good jokes about wives and/or tractors that would make me laugh and forget that my wife is mad again would also be really, really appreciated!:laughing:

/ Finally bought a tractor. #2  
Buy her a new skillet and or a new vaccum cleaner and tell her "Here you go, didn't want you to feel left out. Here are some new tools for you to do your job better as well as I can now that I have a tractor"

Let me know how it works out.:D

/ Finally bought a tractor.
I thought about a new toilet plunger, then I said no, better not. :laughing:

/ Finally bought a tractor. #4  
Use the tractor to do a project for her she'll see the value in it

/ Finally bought a tractor. #5  

That is a good idea. Maybe a nice flower bed or something. Women just don't understand the value in having a good tool and also the stress relief that operating your own tractor can provide. Gotta be careful here - Maybe teach her to operate it to do a few things. The careful part is that she may like it too much and try to rob you of your seat time:)

Good idea. I am planning that, and she knows it. To bring her a bunch of good top soil for her garden. I am going to build here a raised garden bed. I also have to fix our leach field, I am going to improve the drainage on the high side of the house so that all water runs around and to the back of the property. (We are on a slight hill and this will keep any water from affecting our basement.) This will allow me to access all kinds of wood I could not get to before and haul it back to the house. We heat with wood and the oil man does not have to stop at our house anymore. At all!

That is a good idea. Maybe a nice flower bed or something. Women just don't understand the value in having a good tool and also the stress relief that operating your own tractor can provide. Gotta be careful here - Maybe teach her to operate it to do a few things. The careful part is that she may like it too much and try to rob you of your seat time:)

She understands what I will be able to do with the tractor. I bought a nice used one and spent half what I would of if I bought new. She just did not want another bill. Understandable. I paid off the Simplicity lawn mower, but the tractor payment is 2.5 times that payment. Everything will work out fine. She just hates not being able to control everything. If I don't do it her way she gets mad.

/ Finally bought a tractor. #8  
Congratulations on your tractor purchase. The both of you should have realized that with the amount of land that you have, a tractor would eventually be needed. In a marriage, both parties need to make compromises. You will need implements for your tractor also in the future to fully utilize the potential of your tractor.

/ Finally bought a tractor. #9  
Congrats on the new tractor! Where are the pics???