Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,361  
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,362  
Here is a NIMBY reaction to a solar farm near us and someone wanting to tell others what they can do with their land. I like that he said they didn't have a way to voice their concerns. He must have been living a sheltered life.

In 2020, the Hopkins County Commissioners Court approved to build a solar farm in the community of Dike. Construction has already begun. But many community members are against the project, like Kirk Reams.

“The landowners that have leased this land had already signed leases and everything had been done before most of the community members ever found out about it. So by that time, we had no way of voicing our opinion or our concerns.” said Reams.

Reams says he is concerned about the location of the solar farm, saying they are stripping away the nature that once occupied the land.

“If you knew what this land looked like before, it will break your heart because there was cattle on it, there was ducks, deer, wildlife and everything out there.”

1683213255721.png

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,363  
Stripping away all that nature that once occupied the land.... next words: because there was cattle on it. :rolleyes:

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,364  
What about Hydro? There have been Hydroelectric plants producing energy for almost as long as there has been commercially available electricity. What, because some broke dick duck doesn't like rushing water or fish ladders are causing undue stress on fish this is a bad technology? Or, it it just these technologies don't fit the current "narrative"? E.g., there isn't enough money to line this administration's pockets.
I believe the biggest push back on hydro has not come from the "greenies" because they have been pushing back for years and got nowhere. Some more local to the issue can correct me but the commercial and recreational fishing industries have been fighting dams very hard. They have been raising a lot of funding and working on local political levels to prevent new dams and have old ones removed.
You do what you want, but don't mess with a man's fishing lol.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,365  
I believe large dams are not conducive to fish migration. Even with fish ladders, it's a long way up, and even with screening technology, many fry end up dying in the intakes.

Also, a lot of silting behind the dams was not planned for.

We have quit the salmon fishery here in northern Indiana. The local river ends in Lake Michigan. There are 5 dams with fish ladders that allow about a 65 mile migration. But they are not large dams.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,367  
This thread started out as someones concern for his daughters property being surrounded by a forest of solar panels....I don't want to speak for anyone but myself in here I would share those same concerns, as in turning our rural landscape into a plastic and metal forest.

I homesteaded some raw land over 40 years ago putting myself as far away from the metropolitan bustle as I could. ( I was a rural kid and I guess it was in my blood,). But I still needed my manufacturing job back towards the city so I did the commute over 50 miles one way. I had to drive by Trojan Nuclear plant (now decommissioned)......This plant was built on a wetlands and to this day the waste is still stored on site. We know that plants of this type are no longer being built in the US.....There is new technology but here's the rub; the "green new deal" can't promote their ideological plan (using the virtue signal of climate change) with nuclear in mind. It goes against their chosen plan which is about Europeans and China extracting money from the USA and nothing to do with viable energy options.
I have a very negative opinion on wind turbines and solar panels dominating large tracks of land and that alone gives me pause......but to be clear, it's the devious purpose behind this plot to take down America that should concern everyone. You can't spin this into jobs for Americans when the market is already cornered with a heavy reliance on China....they love us as a market, but not a free one.Their global corporate counterparts, with their administrators(enablers) in our government have no problem being beholding to China and undermining our economy in the process.....Power and control is behind this "green scam". If you think otherwise then you are sadly mistaken.......

I would never take issue with private solar panels and wind turbines to supplement electrical supply. Probably depends on where you live...each person will have their own options, but it should not be forced or mandated, nor should viable options for each individual be eliminated ......even if they wanted to mine coal or drill for oil on their own property. Freedom means freedom of choice, property rights, and of course limited government.

A couple other notes: (1) natural gas has been "targeted" by the green fan club as it's a fossil fuel...The fail-safe line some might use as support for a more realistic approach to energy and I agree... it's simply a smart choice ( but to use it to fund wind-solar projects is simply Robbing Peter to pay Paul ...also, lets be clear, if they ban the appliances that use this source (as they have done in NY and leaning towards in CA) then one must conclude that they are not done with their politics here. (they never are) Not too many people realize just how clean and efficient this source is and those in charge simply don't care.

(2) There has been some talk in here about the offshore wind turbines. Sonic waves/vibrations both in exploration and after they are up and running interfere with marine animals navigation and can cause them to be stranded on beaches or repel them from their particular environment that may be their migratory route or their breeding or food sources......also they are taking up fishing, crabbing, lobster areas in ever increasing numbers..... Replacing food with so called progress is nonsense and since these are foreign owned projects how does it make sense that we give up our resources for another nations economy? let them put these on their own lands, not ours. This is insanity and we have to get these people out of control as they are demolishing our country.

ps; the sun warms the planet. Co2 and water vapor (clouds) are the thermostat and neither are harmful to our planet. The earths carbon cycle is much more complex than the Co2 expelled from Gretta's big mouth.

Last edited:
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,368  
Back to the origin of this thread...

I have a solution to the initial issue. How about we make the farm land more valuable to the farmer as... FARM LAND than it is with solar panels, wind turbines, oil jacks, house etc. We can talk all we want about having cheap energy but maybe we shouldn't want cheap food. Ask yourself, how much more money would you pay for your food for their land to stay agricultural? How about to prevent the next generation of rural people to not sell their family farm to (China, Russia, Saudia Arabia (yes, all of these countries own land IN AMERICA!)? It happened long before B----n, T---P, O----A, etc. Land owners can sell to anyone they want. What about rural and farm land becoming the new big investment for the wealthy. Bill Gates is looking for a place to put his money.
Find a way to make it all have to stay rural/ farm land. That would force the majority of energy production and trash disposal to urban areas. It would reduce urban sprawl.

There, I fixed it all ;)

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,369  
I never understood the appeal of owning a super yacht. Incredible outlay of cash for a few weeks of vacation. If I were super wealthy, I'd rent. :ROFLMAO:

When I was a kid, a friend of mine's father owned a 100' yacht on lake Michigan. They traded it in on a 110' yacht a few years later. While that pales in comparison to a super yacht, it was still longer than our house. 🙃
Who do you think rents out the super-yachts? The rents pay their carrying costs.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,370  
Back to the origin of this thread...

I have a solution to the initial issue. How about we make the farm land more valuable to the farmer as... FARM LAND than it is with solar panels, wind turbines, oil jacks, house etc. We can talk all we want about having cheap energy but maybe we shouldn't want cheap food. Ask yourself, how much more money would you pay for your food for their land to stay agricultural? How about to prevent the next generation of rural people to not sell their family farm to (China, Russia, Saudia Arabia (yes, all of these countries own land IN AMERICA!)? It happened long before B----n, T---P, O----A, etc. Land owners can sell to anyone they want. What about rural and farm land becoming the new big investment for the wealthy. Bill Gates is looking for a place to put his money.
Find a way to make it all have to stay rural/ farm land. That would force the majority of energy production and trash disposal to urban areas. It would reduce urban sprawl.

There, I fixed it all ;)
Completely eliminating and banning the Inheritance Tax is a good start. Revisiting/overturning Wickard v. Filburn would also be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.