Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,341  
When you have a divided and non-functioning Congress that puts the party and their donors ahead of the people, then you need a "slap in the face" kind of personality in the executive branch that has no ties to donors or lobbyists.
I couldn't find a way to agree more with this statement!!! I doubt that we will agree on the person posted but the concept of an outsider is one I support strongly...

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,342  
We still have most of the country trying to earn better.
Don't always believe the news.
Remember that all the major news outlets are owned by a few people in the US.

Rules like this has made propaganda so much easier, and the net has changed news so much that everything is like the old rag newspapers now.

2. In the Telecommunications Act of 1996 (1996 Act), Congress directed the Commission to amend its rules to increase the national audience reach cap from 25 percent to 35 percent and eliminate the restriction on owning more than 12 broadcast television stations nationwide.Jan 26, 2018

1683203750107.png

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,343  
Sure they do. Banks across the country have millions of portfolio loans in house.
Most banks only hold commercial mortgages and "service" or originate home loans.

As of 2023, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac support around 70 percent of the mortgage market, according to the National Association of Realtors. That means the majority of conventional loans, those offered by private lenders, end up being backed or purchased by one of the two entities.

Most banks dump the loans to the government within days of closing.
This is why most banks don't care about cash anymore since they only have to cover a fraction of the loans they used to.
This puts all the risky loans to the government and why the last crash could happen. My brother used to work at bundling loans for sale, it's quite the business when your buyer will buy anything you try to sell them.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,344  
There were many things done in the earlier part of the 20th century that also shouldn't have been done. But as far as the tax credit lifting more children out of poverty, how many were put into it by the reaction to covid? I'd bet more that the resolution has lifted out of it. I don't feel like digging on that but from what I've read in the past, more kids were put into poverty. While I think it's our duty as a country to encourage families to have more kids, it's also the parents duty to be smart about having them and the government should not be giving the credit to those not in need of it. Very few in the US are in actual poverty, not with all the resources offered as hand outs. Poor and poverty are not the same thing.
I truly respect your opinion on this, but I have to disagree with it putting them in poverty. I work in a school district where only 29% of our students are considered not under the poverty line. Our country has the highest childhood homelessness rate in the state. If it weren't for the 100% free breakfast and lunch program, a lot of them wouldn't get more than 1 meal. All of them were there long before Covid. It's the "good" parents that are having less kids. I cannot speak on the tax credits direct impact on all of my students, but that would require them having "good" parents. The child doesn't get to chose the parent...
Why the new NG plant building us new schools is a God send for our kids and any new energy facility, factory, etc a community can get that improves the community would be the same...

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,346  
It’s just not because comparing a singular pipeline project the entire solar power industry makes ZERO sense.
I'm not comparing a singular pipeline. That's just the one in the news. That pipeline represents an industry, just as all the solar represents an industry.
But we DO need to rehash that! We never address it. Some guy did. He lowered corporation taxes and other incentives to bring critical industry back. It was beginning to work. He also brought us energy independence, lowering energy prices. That’s now gone, too.
Do you truly believe that money those companies were "saving" in taxes was being reinvested in the companies? There was ZERO regulation or requirement for how the savings was supposed to be spent. American manufacturing left when trickle down started and large corporations could do whatever they wanted with their money. They started cutting corners, putting their money off shore and shipped manufacturing over seas because they didn't want to pay a decent wage to their workers anymore. The death of middle america. All the rich people tried to figure out is how to buy another helicopter. I am fine with lowering corporate tax rates as long as they are REQUIRED to reinvest it, like in the 50s. It was simply an attempt to make it look like giving himself and his rich peers more money.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,347  
The point is. We are so close to climate doomsday right..... Its always dire that we make change. Yet im telling you the volcanic eruptions should send us over the edge. They never do but you would have me believe that we are on the verge of something terrible. Thats why that narrative is garbage. Its been said since the 60s.

Here are facts. It use to be knowingly unwise to build by water. It was actually discouraged years ago. Obviously that has changed. Hell we have towns and cities sitting below sea level. So any storm wrecks havoc on these places and causes billions in damage. EVs won't change that ever.. Solar panels won't change that. What solar panels will do is cause more flooding damage. As solar companies are rightfully getting sued b/c of damage to field tile. There are several lawsuits for this as there should be. They should be good stewards of the land but they fail on this front. What else are they failing at. Turbine companies do the same thing. The grid is not ready for all this nonsense. Hell the other day I had to drive an EV. It cost 37 dollars to charge for a measly 100 miles. That's fact and its garbage.
I'm not telling you its doomsday. Assuming the words of a few represent all is not the way to go.

If they are not being good stewards of the land, that's because they are a bad company. It doesn't have anything to do with the panels or the turbines. Some coal and some Oil and Gas companies can be (and have been) bad stewards as well. They failed at preventing leaks and spills. They didn't prevent mining accidents.

I personally, have not made any of my statements based on wanting to reduce CO2 levels. I personally believe, along with some models, that our hard switch to NG from coal may have done enough to lower America's contribution to greenhouse gas levels. But having a variety of energy options, encouraging new industry, lowering energy dependence are all good reasons.

An EV isn't a good option for you, and not for many people. It isn't for me. But it is for a lot of people, especially fleet companies. I do disagree with how the EV industry has been marketed in the past and to who it has been marketed too. That is changing.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,348  
And the only way to prevent the doomsday is to give more money to the government and become Communists, because that will make the weather gooder…
Letting the rich people keep more of it because we "trust" them to do the right thing for the average american only allows them to financially take control of the government, like so many have. That makes us Fascist. Hasn't everyone on here agreed on that flaw in the system.
“Equity” and “Entitlement” are a road to misery. And this country just took the off ramp onto the superhighway of equity and entitlement.
Our country has moved far from equity. But entitlement, absolutely. If you are extremely wealthy, you are entitled to keep more of than everyone that is "below" you. If you're rich, you're entitled to pay lower tax rates than everyone "below" you. If you're rich, you're entitled to make sure that the "free market" isn't so free so you don't have competition. If you're rich, you're entitled to influence politics, legislation and the news.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,349  
When was the last time in the US that the gov went after a monopoly?
How does corporate consolidation help workers that become redundant.
How do lobbies and PACs affect elections.
The oil and solar companies have large lobbies, so the states have to deal with any limits/controls on their own.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,350  
Letting the rich people keep more of it because we "trust" them to do the right thing for the average american only allows them to financially take control of the government, like so many have. That makes us Fascist. Hasn't everyone on here agreed on that flaw in the system.

Our country has moved far from equity. But entitlement, absolutely. If you are extremely wealthy, you are entitled to keep more of than everyone that is "below" you. If you're rich, you're entitled to pay lower tax rates than everyone "below" you. If you're rich, you're entitled to make sure that the "free market" isn't so free so you don't have competition. If you're rich, you're entitled to influence politics, legislation and the news.
I didn’t say “letting the rich people keep money” —- I said letting EVERYONE KEEP THEIR MONEY.

going back several layers of this convo, what pisses me off more about the whole “Green Energy” thingy is that the people who push it most are the ones who follow it least.

DiCaprio’s yacht has a bigger carbon footprint in one week than my entire household - including residence, woodlot, vehicles and machinery) does in a year.

When the screechie preachy ones start living like they demand the rest of us do (Lead By Example) maybe I will be more attentive.

I think I will go outside and burn a tire to vent my frustration now…

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.