Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,371  
Completely eliminating and banning the Inheritance Tax is a good start. Revisiting/overturning Wickard v. Filburn would also be good.
Inheritance tax is just silly. If I remember anything about what I was taught, it was simply a way to fund a war... int the 1800s!?!? It's been manipulated and altered over the years, but it still exists. I'll vote for a politician, regardless of party, that runs to eliminate that.
I was also not familiar with the Wickard v. Filburn case. From a quick search and overview, I agree with you there also.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,372  
With you here. It actually makes it harder for those who are legitimate, serious and realistic about the situation (like me).
Now I ain’t EVER leaving.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,373  
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,374  
But look at all of the Hydro plants being shut down on the left coast!
Yeah, those lefties are horrible... almost as bad as the righties, the great plainsies, the southies, the midwesties...

IMG_2273.jpeg

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,375  
I believe large dams are not conducive to fish migration. Even with fish ladders, it's a long way up, and even with screening technology, many fry end up dying in the intakes.
I live in the pacific NW....hydro plants along the Columbia have very efficient fish ladders that work just fine. In addition to this, the dam also provides, recreation, irrigation, and flood control. Not to mention affordable power..... and with infrastructure already in place, cheaper to get to the customer.....but it is also connected to a grid that moves this power elsewhere.......Originally the dams along the Columbia were all put in place for the benefit of the local population and run by the Army Corps of Engineers. Surplus allowed prices to remain stable but selling that to California has caused prices to go up.
At Bonneville (the first dam on the river) they also have an enormous hatchery that has a spawning pool and egg harvesting facility for Salmon and also brood trout that eventually cycle to the ocean and return as adult steelhead. Most tributaries allow the smaller fish to get into spawning grounds and many also have smaller hatcheries that raise fish to supply to lakes and streams that may get over-fished. Very efficient in most cases, and not a lot of upstream loss. Commercial fishing is heavily regulated but the Indians still get to gill net seasonally. Most loss actually comes from less fish returning to the river. Local commercial fishing and recreational take in some relatively small numbers. But the ocean is vast and there are plenty of super factories out there harvesting most of the fish indiscriminately. The absurd 12 mile limit and fish farming has put most locals out of business....Seems we are too willing to serve other nations more than ourselves? ....but the dams have served most people in this area quite well.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,376  
Inheritance tax is just silly. If I remember anything about what I was taught, it was simply a way to fund a war... int the 1800s!?!? It's been manipulated and altered over the years, but it still exists. I'll vote for a politician, regardless of party, that runs to eliminate that.
I was also not familiar with the Wickard v. Filburn case. From a quick search and overview, I agree with you there also.
Just like most "temporary taxes" once politicians see the cash it doesn't go away.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,377  
Yeah, those lefties are horrible... almost as bad as the righties, the great plainsies, the southies, the midwesties...
looks a lot more on blue run states to me. So "almost as bad as" just doesn't fit according to your map. But i guess I shouldn't believe my lying eyes?

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,378  
If you're rich, you're entitled to pay lower tax rates than everyone "below" you.

Do what?

IMG_1571.JPG

IMG_1575.JPG

“The top 1 percent of taxpayers paid a 25.99 percent average rate, more than eight times higher than the 3.1 percent average rate paid by the bottom half of taxpayers.”

“top 1%, or taxpayers with an AGI of $546,434, paid $612 billion in income taxes, and paid 38.8% of all federal income taxes.”

“The top 50 percent of all taxpayers paid 97.7 percent of all federal individual income taxes, while the bottom 50 percent paid the remaining 2.3 percent”

Last edited:
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,380  
I'm not telling you its doomsday. Assuming the words of a few represent all is not the way to go.

If they are not being good stewards of the land, that's because they are a bad company. It doesn't have anything to do with the panels or the turbines. Some coal and some Oil and Gas companies can be (and have been) bad stewards as well. They failed at preventing leaks and spills. They didn't prevent mining accidents.

I personally, have not made any of my statements based on wanting to reduce CO2 levels. I personally believe, along with some models, that our hard switch to NG from coal may have done enough to lower America's contribution to greenhouse gas levels. But having a variety of energy options, encouraging new industry, lowering energy dependence are all good reasons.

An EV isn't a good option for you, and not for many people. It isn't for me. But it is for a lot of people, especially fleet companies. I do disagree with how the EV industry has been marketed in the past and to who it has been marketed too. That is changing.
Ford‘s EV unit lost $772 million in the first quarter on Electric vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.