Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,291  
So whales are dying and its been debunked but drilling may have an effect on them. I guess when the whales swim by the drilling platforms. They wait to die until they are near the offshore turbines. Hilarious. Your bias is astounding. 30 years of models can't predict anything. I keep hearing from your side that we are on the verge of climate catastrophe. Yet we are still launching rockets into space. (many of the left dont care or do the greenies) and those pesky volcanic eruptions that happen every year should put us over the edge. It never does. The failed predictions of every 10 years we must do something has come and gone since the 60s and 70s.

At least you didnt disagree about negative home values b/c of solar and wind turbines. Which is a no brainer.
Your lack of facts is astounding. It's not the actual act of drilling or the actual turbines. Read what I started again. It's the methods used to find locations for drilling or turbines. Read ALL of what I stated and then look it up. Not hard to find.
No one legitimate in climate science claims volcanoes have any impact on HUMAN caused climate change... because humans don't cause volcanoes...

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,292  
What’s with the “Jesus” in the start of your replies? Try to show some respect.
I'm asking for his help lol

It's a "figure of speech" that my grandmother who went to church every Sunday of her life used on a regular basis (especially when she was irritated with me as a child). No intent to offend.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,293  
Why single out someone you don't like and point the finger...... China is entrenched and corporations outsourced but not because of him.
I could say the same. I think its terrible that China has any political influence in our country, but so does Saudia Arabia and several other middle eastern countries. None of them should have influence. No one in either party has done or is doing anything to change that. I'll point the finger at all of them. I'm just telling you your "hero" didn't actually accomplish anything and only claimed he did. Closing the front door but opening the back.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,294  
No, your premise is wrong.
There’s a difference between allowing a pipeline and funding solar panels.
A BIG difference.

The pipeline wasn’t going to receive the funding that the solar power generation industry is receiving.
The solar industry is receiving the same tax abutments and subsides the NG industry is receiving.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,295  

walhondingMF said...​

"You can blame the current office all you want. The fact is, workers in America have had a 9% increase in wages but stock holder profits for fortune 500 countries since the pandemic have gone up 25-30%. It's called price gouging."

Real wages are up less than what you've stated and when inflations is accounted for, they are down. The fortune 500 companies did well under the pandemic, especially the drug companies and Amazon, Walmart while the little guys who were shut down suffered greatly. The government in various states picked who could open and who couldn't limiting where people could purchase thus the big guys won out. during that time frame I did work for both types of companies, not all the big ones were left unscathed and in rare circumstances were the little guys left alone to operate. Then they were bought off with "covid cash" to gain compliance. I could go on...
Agree. But maybe were blaming the wrong "people" here. Maybe price gouging and using the money that the corporations received should have been spent on the workers. Instead it was used to recoup stock losses for shareholders. They said as much. They took our tax dollars and gave it to the rich investors rather than reinvesting it. The problem is much bigger than the previous administration or the current.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,296  
Well, until fusion gets up and running (and do t think the anti-Nukey folks won’t protest that, too), you might as well wish for everything to switch over to running on unicorn farts and politicians’ promises.

funny how we are always “just twenty years away” from producing fusion energy, just like we are always “just ten years away” from the next climate disaster…
Not sure where in the past, you heard that we were just "20 years away" on fusion, but until recent events, I had only ever heard roughly 40-50 years. With what they pulled off a few months ago, the timeline has been shortened. I would listen to what the experts on the topic say about it, not those sensationalizing it.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,297  
It goes through the USA and we’re talking about domestic energy policies, so yeah I don’t really care what other countries are doing about their pipelines.

China wants to build a battery plant in Michigan, and not a whimper from the greenies. But when the USA and CA want to collaborate on a FF pipeline that will bring jobs and possible energy sources to the US and the world you all scream like children.

China is taking over the world and people who are against fossil fuels help by handing China the keys.

I hope y’all like it when we really start getting pushed around by them. We can thank you for being part of the process.
And you while using your Chinese made technology.

Do you drive a truck with a microchip in it? I'm sure many of us do. I thought the current administration was pushing micro chip factories in America so we don't have to depend on China to make them?

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,298  
And you while using your Chinese made technology.

Do you drive a truck with a microchip in it? I'm sure many of us do. I thought the current administration was pushing micro chip factories in America so we don't have to depend on China to make them?
What a silly analogy
Like do I have a choice where the chips come from?
Maybe if we had some functional national policy, we would make them here?
Now we have Chinese battery plants being built in Michigan. What’s next? Chinese policy taught in schools? Oh wait, we already have that…. :(

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,299  
The solar industry is receiving the same tax abutments and subsides the NG industry is receiving.
Pipeline son….try to stick to the Keystone pipeline ;)

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,300  
Pipeline son….try to stick to the Keystone pipeline ;)
Correction... the oil industry receives the same subsidies as the solar industry.

And if you want to discuss pipelines son, the pipeline construction and transmission station design and construction company 2 of my nephews work for get plenty of subsidies. One of them is responsible for applying for them for the specific jobs he is assigned to.

Status
Not open for further replies.