Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,301  
What a silly analogy
Like do I have a choice where the chips come from?
Maybe if we had some functional national policy, we would make them here?
Now we have Chinese battery plants being built in Michigan. What’s next? Chinese policy taught in schools? Oh wait, we already have that…. :(
It's a perfect analogy. Whether you like solar or not, a lot of people in this country do. Because there are very, very few companies in America that make solar panels, they have to come from China. Because there are very few companies in America that make microchips, they have to come from China...

Solution...

Encourage industry chains in America that make things Americans want. (Yes, yes I know, with tax money. We don't need to rehash that part of the discussion).

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,302  
and do t think the anti-Nukey folks won’t protest that, too
Actually some of the biggest anti-nukey protest is to the waste. There is no waste in fusion.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,303  
We see few oil refineries being built in the US.
News says due to regulations and greenies.

In reality, taxes on oil are at the refinery (purchase of final product), so having them in low cost countries is a smart tax avoidance move.

This is corporate, not government, unless you include all the gov people that set these rules decades ago.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,304  
I'll point the finger at all of them. I'm just telling you your "hero" didn't actually accomplish anything and only claimed he did. Closing the front door but opening the back.
my hero(s) are....not famous. They are relatively simple and modest and mostly behind the scenes. Many of them people who gave everything for their country including their lives. The politics always undermines their great sacrifices but they did it anyway...... Maybe they even preserved the freedom to express an opinion, even grandstand, in a tractor forum?

So an "America first" agenda works for me and I support leadership that promotes this policy. Once we (in America) take this freedom for granted, we all lose.

none of my comments in here are off the cuff. they are not a fabrication....A country in decline is not what I want for my grand kids. The groundwork for a free society has been compromised over decades and now the green energy scam is pushing us over the edge. Fixing it won't happen in my lifetime, so my dog in the fight is not so personal as yours might be......
economically, you should you run your country like a business and sack the pandering and virtue signalling. (no value there, it's not a personality contest) If corporate government and bureaucracies use all their power and money to re-shuffle the deck and deal from the bottom, then it takes a strong and independent leader willing to take it on............Bucking an entrenched, and essentially corrupt system is a monumental task and will take more than 4 years to correct. The last two and half years have been devastating so it could very well be too late by 2024.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,305  
You cannot eliminate hydrocarbons.

how many gallons of lubricants are required for a wind generator?

How do you insulate electric cables with sunbeams?

hydrocarbons are essential and saying “We all do” (want to eliminate hydrocarbons) is a blatantly ridiculous assertion.

I like my hydrocarbons, especially since I am made up of so many.
More and more cables are being coated with soy based polymers. I can't comment on high voltage lines. But soy based coating on automotive and equipment wiring is the reason they are so appetizing to critters and rodents.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,307  
Agree. But maybe were blaming the wrong "people" here. Maybe price gouging and using the money that the corporations received should have been spent on the workers. Instead it was used to recoup stock losses for shareholders. They said as much. They took our tax dollars and gave it to the rich investors rather than reinvesting it. The problem is much bigger than the previous administration or the current.
The covid cash never should have been offered. While some small companies may have needed it, it's a typical government handout of other people's money that gets abused. These never work as intended. The people who should take the blame are in government. The companies and people are only taking advantage of what they were offered. If the offer wasn't put out to start with....

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,308  
economically, you should you run your country like a business and sack the pandering and virtue signalling. (no value there, it's not a personality contest) If corporate government and bureaucracies use all their power and money to re-shuffle the deck and deal from the bottom, then it takes a strong and independent leader willing to take it on............Bucking an entrenched, and essentially corrupt system is a monumental task and will take more than 4 years to correct. The last two and half years have been devastating so it could very well be too late by 2024.
bvanek,
There are several things I can agree with you on here, but I'll start my disagreements. I do not believe our country, even economically should be run like a business from the governmental perspective. The purpose of business is to make money and the government should not be intended to make money. It should function like a family on a fixed income, making decisions on how to spend that money for the benefit of the "family," now and in the future. Like an investment. The business part is up to the businesses. Pandering and virtue signaling is a matter of perspective or opinion, but I understand your implications.
I understood the desire for an independent leader, I just disagreed with the one that was chosen, essentially because of the largest tax breaks for the wealthy in our countries history, which lowers the "income" I reference above. I personally was in support of another leader that ran at the time who was "independent." I see little promise from anyone we will have options with in 2024, regardless of party. That entrenched, corrupt system may continue. A recent increase in American manufacturing show promise and our country is innovative. I have hope for you grand kids, and my son's future.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,309  
The covid cash never should have been offered. While some small companies may have needed it, it's a typical government handout of other people's money that gets abused. These never work as intended. The people who should take the blame are in government. The companies and people are only taking advantage of what they were offered. If the offer wasn't put out to start with....
Couldn't agree more. And if we remember, both the past and current administration were involved in these. I think the money that went to the average American and small businesses was needed and helped. The Child Tax credit alone showed a 2/3 decrease in childhood poverty for the period of time it was available.
In the 30s, the system for distributing money like the pandemic was established. It is designed to go through banks. In the 30s, that worked OK. Things are much more complicated now and the system to distribute has never been updated. This leaves a lack of oversight into who the money went to. I only know this from listening to a few economists discuss it on a very nonpartisan podcast. Both T...p and B...n we're well intention-ed but the out of date system is where the flaws came in.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,310  
The solar industry is receiving the same tax abutments and subsides the NG industry is receiving.
As if the NG industry is directly correlated with the Keystone XL pipeline??? . :poop:
You are not reachable in a logical discussion or able to differentiate between a single oil pipeline and the entire NG industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.