Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,281  
There are currently 2 CNG fill locations in Fort Worth.
Yeah, in 2008 I really got excited about CNG as a motor fuel. Really thought about getting a Honda that used CNG. Sure glad I didn't.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,282  
And how many FF jobs were lost because of those jobs?

You can’t keep going on spouting off about solar jobs being amazing without understanding it costs jobs on the other end by elimination of the existing FF jobs!
In context of "we all do" in context of eliminating hydrocarbons as energy production sources, it is not blatantly ridiculous. Anyone that would not want to switch all of our energy over to fusion would be stupid (and if you noticed, that's what I said).
Asserting that anyone would want to eliminate all hydrocarbons in a literal sense is just "blatantly ridiculous."
Well, until fusion gets up and running (and do t think the anti-Nukey folks won’t protest that, too), you might as well wish for everything to switch over to running on unicorn farts and politicians’ promises.

funny how we are always “just twenty years away” from producing fusion energy, just like we are always “just ten years away” from the next climate disaster…

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,283  
I'm not sure who started that myth, windmills and solar are no recyclable...
I believe it was 6o Minutes this past Sunday that showcased a company recycling both. Like most recycling, it starts out slow, but it has started and it seemed from the segment, it is very doable...
Typo won’t-don’t .

technically, everything is recyclable, it just depends on recovery rates vs energy/effort input.

Solar and Wind cannot provide enough energy to recycle themselves and still maintain the rest of the economy.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,284  
All this talk of keystone , for and against. Just wondering if all these arguments apply to the carbon capture pipeline they are taking properties under the guise of "the Greater Good". At least oil is a proven commodity, this carbon capture looks more and more like a scam the more I look into it.
Carbon Capture is a way to starve plant life…

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,285  
The only way this will be feasable is to recharge the harvesting equipment in motion by having a diesel generator running. Or the farmers will have to buy extra $$$$$ expensive batteries and take the time to swap out them out, which will increase the time it takes to harvest the crop.
Option #2, is to have an extra Combine (harvester) on hand, just doesn't make economic sense.
EV farm equipment at this stage of technology is just virtue signalling, in my opinion.
I am reminded of the photo of the gasoline-powered service van, towing a diesel generator, providing roadside assistance to an EV to recharge it.

lid you are going to have a diesel generator towed to recharge the tractor while in motion,

a) what kind of vehicle is towing the diesel generator?
a-1) if the towing vehicle is an EV, how long does it need to operate for the charging cycle?
a-2) how long does the towing vehicle need to recharge before going out to recharge the tractor again?
b) how long does it take to recharge the tractor batteries while the batteries are still discharging during harvesting operations?
c) why not make a Hybrid tractor instead of an EV tractor?
d) why not just keep the tractor diesel and stick with proven technology that works and ultimately is more efficient and has fewer components to fail?

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,286  
Zero to my knowledge.
US didn’t have a play in that game.

This was about Canada business.

Much of this comparison was around a Canadian owned pipeline against US solar farms.

Your quote :”The pipeline wasn’t going to receive the funding that the solar power generation industry is receiving.

Can’t think of why the US would have invested in Canada’s pipeline.
It goes through the USA and we’re talking about domestic energy policies, so yeah I don’t really care what other countries are doing about their pipelines.

China wants to build a battery plant in Michigan, and not a whimper from the greenies. But when the USA and CA want to collaborate on a FF pipeline that will bring jobs and possible energy sources to the US and the world you all scream like children.

China is taking over the world and people who are against fossil fuels help by handing China the keys.

I hope y’all like it when we really start getting pushed around by them. We can thank you for being part of the process.

Last edited:
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,287  
I am just going to leave this here…

IMG_0658.jpeg

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,288  
It goes through the USA and we’re talking about domestic energy policies, so yeah I don’t really care what other countries are doing about their pipelines.

China wants to build a battery plant in Michigan, and not a whimper from the greenies. But when the USA and CA want to collaborate on a FF pipeline that will bring jobs and possible energy sources to the US and the world you all scream like children.

China is taking over the world and people who are against fossil fuels help by handing China the keys.

I hope y’all like it when we really start getting pushed around by them. We can thank you for being part of the process.
We are already pushed around by them.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,289  
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,290  
Well, until fusion gets up and running (and do t think the anti-Nukey folks won’t protest that, too), you might as well wish for everything to switch over to running on unicorn farts and politicians’ promises.

funny how we are always “just twenty years away” from producing fusion energy, just like we are always “just ten years away” from the next climate disaster…

nine :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.