Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #871  
Is energy way up since 2020 because of renewables? Or just up with everything else due to overall US economic health?

The energy not produced by personal solar at my house is primarily NG (60+% fossil fuel, 20+% solar/wind). That power has gone up significantly. To add to the pain is paying back the 2021 freeze bankruptcy fiasco where Brazos Coop failed to purchase enough power and we got stuck on the real time wholesale rate. And no, frozen windmills or reduced solar were not the primary culprits for the Tx power issues. Increases in Solar and Wind in Tx is not the reason my rate has increased 50-100% in the past 2 years.

Best path forward for me is probably to increase solar size to buffer myself from the volatility in primarily fossil fuel energy production. At these rates, my ROI stays very reasonable, not that I’d be terribly upset if power went back to 2019, but I don’t see that ever happening.

Good read here, some points I haven’t considered.

The Paradox of Declining Renewable Costs and Rising Electricity Prices
The war on oil, coal and nuclear is why energy costs are going up.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #872  
You seem to not understand that the increase in energy cost is not all due to the “green energy program “it hasn’t been going on long enough to affect the overall energy cost. Most of the increase in energy costs because the companies that control the energy have the capacity to raise prices right now.
Do you want a country where the government controls energy prices? I think Russia does that don’t they?

So tell me how I am driving people from middle class lifestyle? My company paid high wages, and my employees enjoyed all the benefits of good housing, cars, sending thier kids to college. It is disingenuous of you to lump everyone with money into the same big pot.
The "green energy" agenda is part of the "war on oil, coal and nuclear" agenda which is designed to undermine the USA economy and favor China's economy.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #873  
One was supposed to be installed until the farmer found out the electricity was not going to be for Kentucky but was going to Tennessee and Illinois. The farmer cancelled the project.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #874  
I’d put most of the inflation blame on G________t money printing and spending too much money on needless green energy fantasies.
I’d put the rest on being an open-borders welfare state.

How can you go into debt trillions more dollars when you are already 31 trillion in debt and spending 100 billion on a war?

G_______t continues to and actually accelerates the size of the hole we are digging for our kids and future generations.

We could have spent so much less, greatly curtailed illegal immigration and utilized the NG under our feet for energy.
I would add the Central Bank (Federal Reserve) and global banking system to the blame list.

Neither are part of the USA government.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #875  
Some people have got together in one of our communities and are planning on installing a huge multi-acre solar farm on property adjacent to my daughter's and sister-in-law's property. They will be surrounded to the north and south of their properties and across the road. Their property value will go to nearly nothing.

Has anybody fought the installation of one of these?

Any ideas?

RSKY
Join the group and then Sell the property.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #876  
Some people have got together in one of our communities and are planning on installing a huge multi-acre solar farm on property adjacent to my daughter's and sister-in-law's property. They will be surrounded to the north and south of their properties and across the road. Their property value will go to nearly nothing.

Has anybody fought the installation of one of these?

Any ideas?

RSKY
They could have an unregulated toxic burn pit next to them like I do. Be thankful for saving lives instead of taking them.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #877  
160 acres of these panels.

1st time I have been on their property in 4 years.

They came , they built , they left .

Just works for me .

Attachments

• 96942CF1-D19E-4C60-B5D1-F8BFDB24E8C0.jpeg
    96942CF1-D19E-4C60-B5D1-F8BFDB24E8C0.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 46
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #878  
Perhaps plant trees around the perimeter of the property to create a more esthetic view ... and ones that grow the tallest to optimize the shade you know.
Fast growing pine trees!

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #879  
Go see a lawyer to discuss whether the neighbor is creating a nuisance by installing a solar farm. You need to independently research the impact because the lawyer may be experienced in law, but probably won't have first hand knowledge of what really happens when a solar farm is installed. The lawyer should be able to guide you about the legal process, but I doubt will have experience in the real world impact. So you will need to be able to fill in the facts.

Your lawyer may be able to do an internet search of any cases involving solar farms so you can identify someone who has fought this before. You might be able to get first hand information from someone who has actually fought it if you can figure out who has had a case like this.

Local zoning laws may also play into this if you have any zoning restrictions.
Lawyers are part of the problem not the solution all they do is take your hard earned money you don't have and keep asking for more and when it runs out they'll dump you. Best solution is to attend the Town Board meetings with your neighbors along with like minded individuals and pressure your elected representatives and remind them your vote got them in office.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #880  
I think a solar farm would be a great neighbor; no noise no people, no traffic. What's not to like?

Status
Not open for further replies.