Field work

/ Field work #1  

repete

Veteran Member
Tractor
L2550DT IH584-4WD
Wife caught me working on 5 of the 40 acres today with the faithful little L2550DT. Turned 6,330 hours today.

Attachments

• Tractor in field.jpg
    Tractor in field.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 632
   / Field work #4  
Like the old saying goes..."If you take care of it,it will take care of you" and by the looks you have. (y)

/ Field work
Like the old saying goes..."If you take care of it,it will take care of you" and by the looks you have. (y)
Oil change every 100 hours and regular grease. Two clutches I believe, a lot of $ in the front axle from asking it to lift too much and reinforcing of loader arms. Fortunately, beyond the valve covers being off for valve adjustment I have never had the engine apart including fuel injectors etc.

It is a tough little guy and will serve well with some care.

/ Field work #7  
Yeah, I don't do that either. That would be a lot of oil changing for me.

/ Field work #8  
100h sound like a lot but I change mine once a year at the end of the summer ( I don't use it during the winter or very little) regardless of the hours I change it at that time, it's mostly would be anywhere between 100h to 200h. My owner manual ask for every 200h I believe.

Last edited:
   / Field work
I look at the posts about electronics and air pollution stuff and a host of other items that may cause a new tractor to go to the shop for repair so for about the same cost as 15 minutes of shop time I can do an oil change to keep this purely mechanical tractor running.

/ Field work #10  
Oil costs too much to throw it away unused IMHO 100 hour oil changes are not needed but won't hurt anything but your wallet. lol
Neighbor has had a 30 hp Kubota for about 20 yrs now. .. I 've told this before but last year I asked if he was doing his own oil changes. He said no, I've never changed the oil. :oops: o_O
One extreme and the other yet both tractors are running.