FEL on 7520

/ FEL on 7520 #11  
rback33 said:
I can tell you THAT loader and tractor has undergone more hours of testing than any other tractor and loader combo we have worked on. It will stay together.
Does that combo have steel struts leading to the rear axle when a BH subframe is not mounted? I KNOW its tuff with the BH frame. I have used mine so hard that the clevis eyes spread out and displaced the pin clip at the front pin loader arm connection to the SK quick attach. The eye is also spreading at the vertical post where the lift cyls push. I machined&threaded the ends of the pins to accept 5/8" flange nuts with washer to take the place of the circlips.
With the hard use not a single mounting bolt has loosened in 400 hrs.
larry

Last edited:
   / FEL on 7520 #12  
SPYDERLK said:
I have the same and that was my thot. I dont like it hanging down so far, but Im sure glad to have the reinforcement for heavy loader activities. That loader/tractor will do some work! Maybe MtnViewRanch will chime in. He doesnt have the BH and I didnt see bracing in his pics.
larry

Yes, those braces are on my tractor also. I have bent the heck out of the short cross brace.:eek: I will look at some of my pics and if I find some that show the bracing, I will post them.

/ FEL on 7520 #13  
MtnViewRanch said:
Yes, those braces are on my tractor also. I have bent the heck out of the short cross brace.:eek: I will look at some of my pics and if I find some that show the bracing, I will post them.
Brian,
Here is what Durham Farm said in post #3.
It's the brace down low that goes back to the rear
It doesn't sound like he is referring to a cross brace.
hugs, Brandi

/ FEL on 7520 #14  
bindian said:
Brian,
Here is what Durham Farm said in post #3.
It's the brace down low that goes back to the rear
It doesn't sound like he is referring to a cross brace.
hugs, Brandi

I have two square tubes that go to the rear axle, each one of those have a factory bend in them, but under those tubes there is a cross brace that I have bent up. The cross brace is about in the center of the tractor between the front and rear axles. Does this make any sense?

/ FEL on 7520 #15  
MtnViewRanch said:
I have two square tubes that go to the rear axle, each one of those have a factory bend in them, but under those tubes there is a cross brace that I have bent up. The cross brace is about in the center of the tractor between the front and rear axles. Does this make any sense?
I need to ask Travis if my 6520 had the two square tubes you mentioned before he installed the BH subframe. I have a wide "C" channel (just looked at it with a flashlight and it looks about 1/4 thick) cross brace bolted to the subframe right under the mid loader mount, right about half way from the rear and front axles. Right above it is the front driveshaft cover and I have a 5 inch concave dent there.:eek:
hugs, Brandi

/ FEL on 7520 #16  
bindian said:
I need to ask Travis if my 6520 had the two square tubes you mentioned before he installed the BH subframe. I have a wide "C" channel (just looked at it with a flashlight and it looks about 1/4 thick) cross brace bolted to the subframe right under the mid loader mount, right about half way from the rear and front axles. Right above it is the front driveshaft cover and I have a 5 inch concave dent there.:eek:
hugs, Brandi

He should have those square tubes somewhere....I did my own 511 hook up (with 3 good friends and a heavy duty impact wrench and hydraulic floor jack). I'm pretty sure that my Mdl 264 FEL and your FEL are very similar. The replacement braces (replacing the square tubes for the BH) would probably hold a bridge up.....BobG in VA

/ FEL on 7520 #17  
MtnViewRanch said:
Its good to know about those braces. This highlights a problem. Those of us who bought the tractor with a BH were shorted those box tubes. If we ever decide we dont want the BH anymore we have to buy a part that should have been included with the loader. Id be interested in pics.

Brian & Brandi, On your cross brace - see if you can turn the C channel over and mount it flange up. I did this for ground clearance and ruggedness. As I recall, it took some very slight mods to the channel ends to accomplish. A worthwhile change, I think.
larry

/ FEL on 7520 #18  
SPYDERLK said:
This highlights a problem. Those of us who bought the tractor with a BH were shorted those box tubes. If we ever decide we dont want the BH anymore we have to buy a part that should have been included with the loader. Id be interested in pics.

Brian & Brandi, On your cross brace - see if you can turn the C channel over and mount it flange up. I did this for ground clearance and ruggedness. As I recall, it took some very slight mods to the channel ends to accomplish. A worthwhile change, I think.
larry

Larry, you are correct about you guys getting gypped out of those square tubes, you paid for them when you bought the loader. :mad: They should have given them to you loose. I will get pics Sunday and post ASAP.

Yes I do need to turn the channel over, just another thing that needs to get done.:D Did you ever get around to making a skid plate? I should do that also.

Later

/ FEL on 7520 #19  
Brian, it occurs to me the skid plate may be able to tie in to eliminate/substitute for that cross brace. Been sizing it up. Still searching for a spherical tuit.
larry

/ FEL on 7520 #20  
SPYDERLK said:
Its good to know about those braces. This highlights a problem. Those of us who bought the tractor with a BH were shorted those box tubes. If we ever decide we dont want the BH anymore we have to buy a part that should have been included with the loader. Id be interested in pics.

larry
Larry,
I just checked and it looks like I can turn the channel over with out cutting the end(s). I have a long bolt that may be in the way, but a washer stack swap should make it clear. That would give about 3 more inches clearance there. It's amazing how you can look at something and never think about it, but then sometimes look at something and light bulbs go off in your head on how to make it better.
On closer look just now, when I took that 5 inch ding in my driveshaft cover (right above said C channel brace), if the C channel would have been on top, it would have stopped the dent from happening. As it stands now, the dent also has the cover contacting a protected line. I need to remove the cover and beat the dent out.
My salesman, that installed my BH, is out fishing now so I will have to email him.
hugs, Brandi